STAR WARS REBELS SEASON 2.5

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
First airing 20 Jan 16

let's see

we have a crossguard ls--more force users--some unidentified ls wielders in mask--evil or good or something else (like Ren Knights?)

Ezra will be 'tempted' (there are fan theories that say he will become Snoke of SW 7-he hates the Empire but still turned and instead of joining the emperor he bides his time instead--one example)

Ezra will meet Yoda via holomsg

and princess Leia will be joining the cast

and a DV vs Ashoka Tano duel is promised

anyhow--looks like good SW's family fun

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i was looking through the "watched threads" list and saw that though this has 0 responses it has had 242 views since I started it less then 2 weeks ago.

how is that possible--to have had 242 views when we do not have that many active members nor do I believe, that many visitors?

just curious :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
i was looking through the "watched threads" list and saw that though this has 0 responses it has had 242 views since I started it less then 2 weeks ago.

how is that possible--to have had 242 views when we do not have that many active members nor do I believe, that many visitors?

I admit, it was me. When I masturbate I find myself drawn to this thread, which accounts for the 242 views in under two weeks. Oddly enough, 242 times in that time frame is not a record for me, go figure. :moody:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

We get lots of flybys (both real and search engine bots).

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I have not seen it yet dude, so not much to say

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have not seen it yet dude, so not much to say

thats fine

i was actually really just asking about all of those phantom "visits" to the thread

could have been one of several threads-the numbers on this one caught my eye first

:)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
There's only been one episode of the new season so far, correct?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Interesting second episode. Not great, but it was okay.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Interesting second episode. Not great, but it was okay.

I guess it would be 'natural' for the Mandolorians to be "humanists" and on the side of the Empire-a largely human only club.

the Mandolorians-despite their namesake not being human-were, it seems, quite xenophobic

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I guess it would be 'natural' for the Mandolorians to be "humanists" and on the side of the Empire-a largely human only club.

he Mandolorians-despite their namesake not being human-were, it seems, quite xenophobic

I really have to get over Ashoka and watch this show. :) I thoroughly enjoyed The Clone Wars, and I should also like Rebels, but I got turned off it only for personal reasons. It is probably decent.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I really have to get over Ashoka and watch this show. :) I thoroughly enjoyed The Clone Wars, and I should also like Rebels, but I got turned off it only for personal reasons. It is probably decent.

I'd advise against having 'personal reasons' over a cartoon character...it could be construed as psychologically unstable :vala-new011: :icon_lol:

kidding!!!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
some unidentified ls wielders in mask--evil or good or something else

most recent ep we found out who those masked fighters were

well,at least one of them-the Inquisitor from S1

before he went "bad" he was a Jedi Temple guard (guards and other personnel in the order were all Jedi, just of diff rank and ability)

----------------------
seems Yoda believes Ezra may turn to the Dark Side

if true-and he survives, may it be true that he will be a character in upcoming films(like say,he's Snoke)?

i hope something/someone from REBELS-other then what we know from the original trilogy-makes it into the new movies-frustrating when we get all of these new characters intro'd and then we never see them again. at least we got some carry over from CLONE WARS to REBELS with the clones and Ashoka

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
most recent ep we found out who those masked fighters were

well,at least one of them-the Inquisitor from S1

before he went "bad" he was a Jedi Temple guard (guards and other personnel in the order were all Jedi, just of diff rank and ability)

----------------------
seems Yoda believes Ezra may turn to the Dark Side

if true-and he survives, may it be true that he will be a character in upcoming films(like say,he's Snoke)?

i hope something/someone from REBELS-other then what we know from the original trilogy-makes it into the new movies-frustrating when we get all of these new characters intro'd and then we never see them again. at least we got some carry over from CLONE WARS to REBELS with the clones and Ashoka

That was their intention from the start, remember? Rebels is new official canon just before A New Hope. The Clone Wars was made to bridge a gap in the Prequel canon, but Rebels is new canon. I have to catch up on Rebels! I guess I can get past my Ashoka thing since I have not rewatched TCW recently. This is the official canon now:

starwars_timeline.png

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ashoka is far less annoying in Rebels than she was in Clone Wars.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ashoka is far less annoying in Rebels than she was in Clone Wars.

I actually liked her annoying version. :) I find Ezra annoying in Rebels (only seen 2/3 of Season 1). The Ashoka in Rebels is basically 180 degrees from Ashoka in TCW. A new character with the same name. Just my opinion tho!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That was their intention from the start, remember? Rebels is new official canon just before A New Hope. The Clone Wars was made to bridge a gap in the Prequel canon, but Rebels is new canon. I have to catch up on Rebels! I guess I can get past my Ashoka thing since I have not rewatched TCW recently. This is the official canon now:

View attachment 32702

well of course admiral obvious! :)

what I mean is that none of the specific characters from REBELS showed up in ep 7--concepts and ideas worked in yes (crossguard LS, more then 1 passenger TIE fighter, kidnapped kids,etc) but no actual characters

they just keep on inserting more new ppl

like, for example (purely example) instead of MAz Kanata why not have Kanan Jarrus be the owner of the tavern and keeper of secrets?

We know that (at least so far) Yoda and Kenobi believed there were no more Jedi -in "practice"-other then themselves and the possibility of Luke and Leia-but that does not mean that Kanan and Ezra are gone

they could have crossed over or disavowed their Jedi-hood (like Ashoka did)

there must also be a reason for why we were told in S1 REBELS that Ezra and Luke/Leia are the exact same age--be interested to see if/how that plays out:

"Ezra was born to Ephraim Bridger and Mira Bridger on Lothal, the day when theEmpire came to power"
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Ezra_Bridger

kind of like in Star Trek--we keep getting more and more new alien species-why not just stick to the already voluminous amounts of alien races already introduced (that goes for SW's too)?

like to see more character continuity is what i mean

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Ashoka and Darth Vader 'featurette'-preview for next ep of REBELS

(and OM, take a closer look at the younger but"old" Ashoka from CW's-as you say, and the older aged Ashoka in REBELS. Her markings on the forehead, they are still the same, it is her montrals that ahve grown larger and cover them partly. the 2 diamond shaped white spots , in full view when younger, are now partial covered by her larger montral--she is about 16 yrs older. same with the montral and tail coloring, wookiepedia says they change patterns as they grow larger)

upload_2016-3-19_18-38-18.jpeg
upload_2016-3-19_18-38-51.jpeg

anyhow:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
here's one for you OM :) :shame:

images

it is kind of strange how there is this whole cache of images regarding the sexuality of Ashoka Tano--just freakin weird man

whatever floats their boats!! :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
here's one for you OM :) :shame:

images

it is kind of strange how there is this whole cache of images regarding the sexuality of Ashoka Tano--just freakin weird man

whatever floats their boats!! :)

Yes, but ONLY the original Ashoka and not the new one (which is not as sexy IMO). They are cartoons, yes. But Ashoka from TCW is just a different character with a different persona and a much different look (despite your explanations earlier). Everything about her is different.