Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
HARD EVIDENCE: Star Trek Discovery failed as presented. It has been sent back to drydock for a refit already!

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-season-2-original-series/

While Star Trek: Discovery boldly took fans where they had never been before, it sounds like season 2 of the CBS All Access TV show will be heading back to the ’60s Original Series for some ideas.

https://www.themarysue.com/star-trek-discovery-trekian-season-2/

Harberts followed up on this by suggesting that the second season would be more “Trekian”—I’m assuming that he means more of a set-up like we’ve come to expect from Star Trek—a team dedicated to seeking out new life and new civilizations (or at least exploring the origins and instincts of its shipmates).

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...t-may-show-up-in-star-trek-discovery-season-2

Alex Kurtzman also mentioned to that Season 2 will bring more answers regarding how Star Trek: Discovery will fit into canon while not conflicting with the events of the O.G. Star Trek and the other shows that followed.

These writers and Kurtzman would not be changing the direction of the show towards the 60's version unless he was ordered to. After all, the whole point of Discovery was to be different. It's fans whine about the old shows saying they are "outdated" and "irrelevant", but every episode has bones from TOS thrown around, and now they have literally brought the Enterprise 1701 into the show.

HARD EVIDENCE: Star Trek Discovery failed as presented. It has been sent back to drydock for a refit already!

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-season-2-original-series/

https://www.themarysue.com/star-trek-discovery-trekian-season-2/

https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...t-may-show-up-in-star-trek-discovery-season-2

These writers and Kurtzman would not be changing the direction of the show towards the 60's version unless he was ordered to. After all, the whole point of Discovery was to be different. It's fans whine about the old shows saying they are "outdated" and "irrelevant", but every episode has bones from TOS thrown around, and now they have literally brought the Enterprise 1701 into the show.

You're right, it's blatant proof that STD is a failure and they are grudgingly scrambling to "fix" it. It's insulting to have them basically flout everything that came previously in ST only to now have them come scurrying back to exploit what they can in order to retain their jobs. What reprehensible creatures this production team is.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You're right, it's blatant proof that STD is a failure and they are grudgingly scrambling to "fix" it. It's insulting to have them basically flout everything that came previously in ST only to now have them come scurrying back to exploit what they can in order to retain their jobs. What reprehensible creatures this production team is.

Why am I sensing that this was basically an ultimatum? :) "Hey guys, you better turn this thing around because it's costing us a fortune and it is not returning the dollars in subscriptions. If you can't make it worth it, we will cancel the show. The rest is up to you." (turns and leaves the door open)

44300489-bad-tempered-caucasian-business-executive-yelling-at-two-asian-subordinates-in-office-.jpg

Why am I sensing that this was basically an ultimatum? :) "Hey guys, you better turn this thing around because it's costing us a fortune and it is not returning the dollars in subscriptions. If you can't make it worth it, we will cancel the show. The rest is up to you." (turns and leaves the door open)

View attachment 34043

That's exactly what it was. I'm sure there was more than a little yelling going on when the promised returns never materialized. Regardless of what they do to "fix" this show I don't see them getting enough new subscribers to CBS No Access to make the whole thing worthwhile. This second season is a desperate "Hail Mary pass" that simply can't succeed in repairing things financially.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That's exactly what it was. I'm sure there was more than a little yelling going on when the promised returns never materialized. Regardless of what they do to "fix" this show I don't see them getting enough new subscribers to CBS No Access to make the whole thing worthwhile. This second season is a desperate "Hail Mary pass" that simply can't succeed in repairing things financially.

Allegedly, the tacked on distress call from Pike, and the introduction of the Enterprise 1701 was added after the finale was done already.

Season 2 is going to be worse. Much worse. Why? Because the small percentage of actual Trek fans watching this will have to see the STD version of Enterprise 1701, and how they did the Connie class inside and out. These tribbleheads WILL mess around with the design of the Bridge on the 1701 (beyond upgrading the displays). They will apply the Dutch Angles, messing up the aesthetic. They will get too many little things wrong which to the viewer will be cumulative like a mental dust bunny.

It will become downright unbearable to watch.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Shame they can't just walk in and tell them all it failed you TOOLS! Now get the bleep outta my building and never come back , yah hear ! ... Hey . I am not to far away from that building . I'll just rent a sleazy suit and sleazy glasses , pull up in the Corvette , act all hollyweird and corporate and stuff quoting lines from the show as I walk in the door , get on the PA system , call a meeting and fire the whole lot of them , right down to the floor sweeper ... I was thinking to use my Patrick Stewart voice . Or perhpas Darth Vader would be a better choice as I do pretty dam good impersonations of both . Do sunglasses come with a black helmet option ?
;)

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Shame they can't just walk in and tell them all it failed you TOOLS! Now get the bleep outta my building and never come back , yah hear ! ... Hey . I am not to far away from that building . I'll just rent a sleazy suit and sleazy glasses , pull up in the Corvette , act all hollyweird and corporate and stuff quoting lines from the show as I walk in the door , get on the PA system , call a meeting and fire the whole lot of them , right down to the floor sweeper ... I was thinking to use my Patrick Stewart voice . Or perhaps Darth Vader would be a better choice as I do pretty dam good impersonations of both . Do sunglasses come with a black helmet option ?
;)

Go with Darth Vader...or perhaps even Kylo Ren (these are SJWs, ya know). :) And yeah, find a helmet to wear! :daniel_new_anime021:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
How do I upload an audio so you guys can judge my DV and Picard lol ?
:)

You can upload .WAV and .MP3 directly to the forum. When readers click it, the player defaulted on their computers should play the file.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was expecting them to really botch the casting of Pike but Anson Mount is okay I think.

What I didn't like about that article though is the way they toss out that CBS No Access had "record adoption" of subscribers due to STD. I'm sick of hearing that fake metric because it's meaningless.

Maybe they left behind some Easter eggs to find in that article?:

Discovery has had its fair share of critics, but its first season accomplished what CBS was looking for: it drove All Access subscriptions in the US (CBS saw record adoption ahead of and following the premiere). The addition of Pike promises to help with that by giving long-time Trek fans a reason to keep watching. The broadcaster certainly won't depend solely on Discovery going forward, but All Access is young enough that even a casting choice like this could significantly affect its fortunes.

The red bolded is spin: what about a WEEK after, when the trials ran out and others had seen the two episodes and canceled their subscriptions? I find it laughable that they are saying that Captain Pike (from the U.S.S. Enterprise, mind you) is going to give "long time Trek fans" (meaning the massive original Star Trek fanbase that has rejected this dumb show) a reason to "keep watching" (ha! you mean to watch it at all). They are going to rely on using the Enterprise 1701 to make Season 2 a success? That is just all kinds of stupid. They will change things and dumb them down like the rest of the show, except this time they will be doing it with the beloved 1701 involved, and Captain Pike. This will probably cause a massive revolt in the fanbase.

Maybe they left behind some Easter eggs to find in that article?:

The red bolded is spin: what about a WEEK after, when the trials ran out and others had seen the two episodes and canceled their subscriptions? I find it laughable that they are saying that Captain Pike (from the U.S.S. Enterprise, mind you) is going to give "long time Trek fans" (meaning the massive original Star Trek fanbase that has rejected this dumb show) a reason to "keep watching" (ha! you mean to watch it at all). They are going to rely on using the Enterprise 1701 to make Season 2 a success? That is just all kinds of stupid. They will change things and dumb them down like the rest of the show, except this time they will be doing it with the beloved 1701 involved, and Captain Pike. This will probably cause a massive revolt in the fanbase.

I agree except I doubt there will be enough Trek fans still watching this thing to make a noticeable reaction. STD already alienated the Trek fanbase I think.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I agree except I doubt there will be enough Trek fans still watching this thing to make a noticeable reaction. STD already alienated the Trek fanbase I think.

I agree, but I think that messing around with the TV Enterprise like that and changing it significantly could seriously put the franchise in a fatal tailspin. The Trek fanbase is not watching this soap in space. They (like me) are patiently sitting Discovery out because we are holding out for another reboot of the original prime timeline or perhaps a new show to replace this one. But if they mess around with the Enterprise and the characters in this show, I think the main fanbase will give up.

I agree, but I think that messing around with the TV Enterprise like that and changing it significantly could seriously put the franchise in a fatal tailspin. The Trek fanbase is not watching this soap in space. They (like me) are patiently sitting Discovery out because we are holding out for another reboot of the original prime timeline or perhaps a new show to replace this one. But if they mess around with the Enterprise and the characters in this show, I think the main fanbase will give up.

Yeah I think this show has already damaged the ST reputation. I don't know that it will kill off the franchise but it will probably put it to sleep for awhile.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Is there any news about that other Star Trek show they supposedly started working on last year?