Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Also makes you wonder what it's like for a Klingon to defecate. If everything is in pairs then it stands to reason there would be two poop chutes also. Gives new meaning to the term "dropping a deuce". ;)

tenor.gif

:shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::SmileyLaughingTears:

So, they are reading the canon now, and they STILL can't resist the urge to mark it somehow and make part of it "their own". Redundant INTERNAL organs make sense, as we have them ourselves. Was it really necessary to go below the belt in this show? We know everyone pees and poops, even aliens have some form of that, certainly. Do we need to see it or talk about it when we have the vastness of space to explore?

View attachment 33987

:shep_lol::icon_rotflmao::SmileyLaughingTears:

So, they are reading the canon now, and they STILL can't resist the urge to mark it somehow and make part of it "their own". Redundant INTERNAL organs make sense, as we have them ourselves. Was it really necessary to go below the belt in this show? We know everyone pees and poops, even aliens have some form of that, certainly. Do we need to see it or talk about it when we have the vastness of space to explore?

Exactly. I don't need to see Klingons pee and poop to know that as biological organisms they have an excretory system. Showing us a scene such as this adds nothing to the story. All it does is reveal that Goldsman has an infantile fetish for bodily functions. A 5 year old might be intrigued by the excretory process but a 55 year old shouldn't find it interesting at all. If he does it means he's got a screw loose.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Each episode is chock full of annoying little things, stemming from dumb easter eggs (usually TOS sounds thrown in at random). One of these annoying things is that NuSarek has appropriated Spock's signature eyebrow raise, but his is not cool like Spock's was:

View attachment 33982

All throughout the episodes, you see where bones have been tossed around for Trek fans to chew on, but we are not having it. As if.
:facepalm:
Each episode is chock full of annoying little things, stemming from dumb easter eggs (usually TOS sounds thrown in at random). One of these annoying things is that NuSarek has appropriated Spock's signature eyebrow raise, but his is not cool like Spock's was:

View attachment 33982

All throughout the episodes, you see where bones have been tossed around for Trek fans to chew on, but we are not having it. As if.
Really ! Spocks eyebrow curl ! Is nothing sacred !
:wanking:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
So on this 2 weener thing ... Umm so do they have 4 balls then ? If so then they can just roll themselves around the house when sitting and use the 2 sticks to steer the plastic shiny asses all over the place ...
;)

So on this 2 weener thing ... Umm so do they have 4 balls then ? If so then they can just roll themselves around the house when sitting and use the 2 sticks to steer the plastic shiny asses all over the place ...
;)

If we're using the logic of the STD writers then apparently Klingons have two of everything; two scrotums, two penises, two anuses, two mouths (the second one is hidden apparently), two stomachs, two brains (so they can think two different things at once, go figure), two spines, two sets of bones in each appendage, two skulls, etc. etc.

But according to STD writer/director Akiva Goldsman the most important thing is the two penises. Klingons have two penises, tee hee. Isn't that funny? I mean, two penises? It's so amazing! Who needs to write an interesting, intelligent story when you can just focus on two penises? Two! Klingons have two penises! Did you hear me?! Two!!! :rolleye0014:

*The fact that Goldsman is actually getting paid to write such infantile crap is just one example of why this show is tanking. The people involved in producing STD are clueless when it comes to Star Trek. Utterly, completely clueless.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
In all fairness, there were no penises on screen. It could have been a single dick with a sprinkler attachment.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
But we have executive producer Akiva Goldsman on record as stating that Klingons have two penises. ("Klingons have two dicks! Klingons have two dicks!")

Yes but there were no dicks on-screen and a single dick is capable of providing two streams. It's not that I disagree on the fact that the whole thing is pathetic. But we should retain an objective and scientific perspective.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In all fairness, there were no penises on screen. It could have been a single dick with a sprinkler attachment.

You're missing the point. The entire purpose of creating the pee scene was to highlight and draw attention to the Discovery fact that Klingons have two penises. Both the guy who is responsible for the scene and the writers all acknowledge that. Of course there weren't two penises! And it was two solid urine streams.

The point is that any effort or attention at all was spent playing on the idea that Klingons have two penises. Not a single dollar should have been spent putting that scene into production or the episode. Trust me when I tell you that after Discovery has been canceled, nothing of this dumb idea will ever be spoken of again in Star Trek.

You're missing the point. The entire purpose of creating the pee scene was to highlight and draw attention to the Discovery fact that Klingons have two penises. Both the guy who is responsible for the scene and the writers all acknowledge that. Of course there weren't two penises! And it was two solid urine streams.

The point is that any effort or attention at all was spent playing on the idea that Klingons have two penises. Not a single dollar should have been spent putting that scene into production or the episode. Trust me when I tell you that after Discovery has been canceled, nothing of this dumb idea will ever be spoken of again in Star Trek.

That's the gist of my argument. If the writing on this show was decent and the story was chugging along nicely it wouldn't be as big a deal. We'd roll our eyes and say the piss scene is dumb but it wouldn't matter much because the main story would be so intriguing. But the fact that they wasted so much time and effort on this nonsensical derailment when the main story was in shambles is nothing but an insult to ST fans.

It's telling that an executive producer was more concerned with titillating us with a lame potty scene than he was with writing a good Star Trek story. Seriously, why does this guy even have a job working on this show? His priorities are all screwed up.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Klingon prostate exam ?
:)
Yep, all four of them. :anim_59:
You bastard, I almost choked to death laughing! :icon_lol:
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/alex-kurtzman-star-trek-discovery-season-2-premiere-1202737985/

Kuntzman is back. Oh boy
Star Trek: Discovery” executive producer Alex Kurtzman will take the helm for the sci-fi drama’s season-two premiere.

Kurtzman is set to direct the debut episode of the new season, which is slated to begin production in April in Toronto. No air date has yet been scheduled for the premiere.

Season two will pick up where the season-one finale left off. After bringing the Federation-Klingon war to a non-violent conclusion, the crew of the USS Discovery sets off from Earth to Vulcan, but — spoiler alert — stops along the way to answer a distress call from the USS Enterprise. The finale’s closing shot sets up a likely meeting between the Discovery’s Cmdr. Michael Burnham and Capt. Christopher Pike, who commanded the Enterprise prior to the tenure of James T. Kirk.