Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! They really have dropped to the depths of the swamp with that one! I bet the phone line is also "having trouble". When this show is canceled mid-season 2, it will be the shortest run of any Trek series, INCLUDING the Animated Series.

Yeah, how shocking there is suddenly an issue with cancelling the subscriptions. Can you imagine the conversation between the CBS No Access execs and their IT department on how to make that happen "accidentally"? :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So the writing on this show is still going to be a tangled mess of stupidity. That will get the Star Trek fans to come back. :icon_lol:

Its like all they have is picking away at past Trek bones they barely understand, and then they say "oh, that's kinda cool!" They take the idea and throw some glitter on it and blast a few lensflares and explosions and throw in useless banter. They will get anything they do on the Enterprise 1701 wrong. It is inevitable. Besides the interiors being wrong, they will have things going on in there that do not belong. I also do not see a way for Michael Burnham's existence to connect to Spock, despite the "Sarek" they created for Discovery. Why try and use Section 31? It will not help. And it is just plain eyeroll inducing.

Its like all they have is picking away at past Trek bones they barely understand, and then they say "oh, that's kinda cool!" They take the idea and throw some glitter on it and blast a few lensflares and explosions and throw in useless banter. They will get anything they do on the Enterprise 1701 wrong. It is inevitable. Besides the interiors being wrong, they will have things going on in there that do not belong. I also do not see a way for Michael Burnham's existence to connect to Spock, despite the "Sarek" they created for Discovery. Why try and use Section 31? It will not help. And it is just plain eyeroll inducing.

^ This is it exactly. The writers are cynical A-holes that don't have an appreciation for Star Trek. They simply know that the brand has cache and they think all they need to do is reference a few well known Trek memes (Tribbles, mirror universe, etc.) and it will sell. It truly is a cynical and predatory approach to milking the fanbase.

But anyone with half a brain knows that Trek fans are the smartest out there. They have already assessed this show and rejected it because they know they're being conned by TPTB. This show isn't Star Trek. Everyone knows it including TPTB so they can just stop with their BS. We're not buying what they're selling.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
It's because they are trying to be edgy. It's dark and edgy with that game of thrones crap. Here is the scene that was removed. Pretty mediocre scene. I see that shaky cams are still there. Sigh... :rolleye0014:

This show is just awful. Section 31 storyarch won't save it. It's because they've hired the wrong people and the wrong characters. Respect to the people who do act and write shows, it's tough, but they are not star trek writers. A star Trek writer needs to be a visionary, a real scientist or physicists that loves to write and has a great imagination.

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
^ This is it exactly. The writers are cynical A-holes that don't have an appreciation for Star Trek. They simply know that the brand has cache and they think all they need to do is reference a few well known Trek memes (Tribbles, mirror universe, etc.) and it will sell. It truly is a cynical and predatory approach to milking the fanbase.

But anyone with half a brain knows that Trek fans are the smartest out there. They have already assessed this show and rejected it because they know they're being conned by TPTB. This show isn't Star Trek. Everyone knows it including TPTB so they can just stop with their BS. We're not buying what they're selling.
Apparently there is 13 episodes for the second season but no release date given lol. 2 less episodes this time.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/25/st...-episodes-in-season-2-give-production-update/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's because they are trying to be edgy. It's dark and edgy with that game of thrones crap. Here is the scene that was removed. Pretty mediocre scene. I see that shaky cams are still there. Sigh... :rolleye0014:

This show is just awful. Section 31 storyarch won't save it. It's because they've hired the wrong people and the wrong characters. Respect to the people who do act and write shows, it's tough, but they are not star trek writers. A star Trek writer needs to be a visionary, a real scientist or physicists that loves to write and has a great imagination.

I find it supremely amusing that the black Starfleet pin was even created. Sure, for a SECRET organization, why not distinguish them visually by giving them a black pin? Maybe the FBI and CIA should create special pins they wear so everyone DOESN'T know who they are, right? Great idea. Oh, and did they really allow mirror Empress Georgiou to just wander the galaxy to Quo-nos and open a bar there, right after the war? Really?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey Discovery writers, there are more easter eggs you guys might want to use! They will be pointless since we already know Discovery is not Star Trek.

Trellaine
Nomad
The Mark 5 (M-5) computer, as well as Dr. Daystrom
Zephram Cochrane and the Companion
The Organians

I would not be surprised if they threw the Borg in there (in their spiffy new pyramid shaped ships). Maybe even some Cardassians or Ferengi. :) By the time even the first three episodes are aired, the original Trek fanbase will be carrying torches and dragging this thing like toilet paper caught in your belt.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have ExpressVPN which allows me to watch Euro Netflix and that means I can watch all of the Discovery episodes too. They are truly awful. They literally are unwatchable in their entirety. I could not make it through any of them, going from one to the next, skimming through, nothing looks interesting. Does anyone want an episode by episode review of them? If so, I will watch them. Anyone else interested or should we just continue on with the discussion?

I have ExpressVPN which allows me to watch Euro Netflix and that means I can watch all of the Discovery episodes too. They are truly awful. They literally are unwatchable in their entirety. I could not make it through any of them, going from one to the next, skimming through, nothing looks interesting. Does anyone want an episode by episode review of them? If so, I will watch them. Anyone else interested or should we just continue on with the discussion?

Honestly when I heard they did a disco episode I lost all interest in this show completely. No legit Star Trek writer would ever do that so it told me all I needed to know about the people producing this turd. There's no need, at least for me, for you to go through them all. On the other hand I'm always up for a "hate watch" sort of review so go for it if you truly want to.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Honestly when I heard they did a disco episode I lost all interest in this show completely. No legit Star Trek writer would ever do that so it told me all I needed to know about the people producing this turd. There's no need, at least for me, for you to go through them all. On the other hand I'm always up for a "hate watch" sort of review so go for it if you truly want to.

I got the VPN for a different reason, and discovered I could stream Netflix outside of the US without geoblocking, so I can watch all the episodes at my leisure, but I really don't want to! They are a hard watch. That Tilly character is a complete mystery to me. She literally giggles most of her lines. I bet somebody writing for her part has a rubber stamp with [giggle] on it. And they just randomly stamp her script with it. Saru tries to be deep and philosophical, and he does his part well, but he might as well be lecturing a daycare full of preschoolers. He does not fit in with the dumb drama going on around him. The other characters are forgettable too. And although the graphics are beautiful, they are no better than The Orville. Just more explosions and frantically moving cameras and angled shots.

I got the VPN for a different reason, and discovered I could stream Netflix outside of the US without geoblocking, so I can watch all the episodes at my leisure, but I really don't want to! They are a hard watch. That Tilly character is a complete mystery to me. She literally giggles most of her lines. I bet somebody writing for her part has a rubber stamp with [giggle] on it. And they just randomly stamp her script with it. Saru tries to be deep and philosophical, and he does his part well, but he might as well be lecturing a daycare full of preschoolers. He does not fit in with the dumb drama going on around him. The other characters are forgettable too. And although the graphics are beautiful, they are no better than The Orville. Just more explosions and frantically moving cameras and angled shots.

BTW, how much does ExpressVPN cost? I tried to look it up but couldn't find it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, and didn't you know? They actually showed a Klingon peeing. And they gave all Klingon males TWO dicks (look at the streams in lower right)

twodicks-head.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Last edited: