Star Trek Discovery SUCKS.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The writers are focusing on things that are stupid and infantile. They are inherently bad writers. That's why this show is failing.

Each episode is chock full of annoying little things, stemming from dumb easter eggs (usually TOS sounds thrown in at random). One of these annoying things is that NuSarek has appropriated Spock's signature eyebrow raise, but his is not cool like Spock's was:

spock eyebrow raise fail.jpg

All throughout the episodes, you see where bones have been tossed around for Trek fans to chew on, but we are not having it. As if.

Each episode is chock full of annoying little things, stemming from dumb easter eggs (usually TOS sounds thrown in at random). One of these annoying things is that NuSarek has appropriated Spock's signature eyebrow raise, but his is not cool like Spock's was:

View attachment 33982

All throughout the episodes, you see where bones have been tossed around for Trek fans to chew on, but we are not having it. As if.

Exactly. All this little crap that they throw in isn't cool or clever, it's annoying.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Read about that dumb idea about dual dongs for Klingons the writers threw in there here: https://trekmovie.com/2018/02/18/st...ain-pike-klingons-having-two-organs-and-more/

These kind of changes to canon and the Star Trek universe are just unacceptable. They change FUNDAMENTALS, not just appearance.

Apparently they are going towards more exploration route in season 2

We are not at war anymore. It is our hope we are going to be doing more away missions and a lot more exploration. Those people are on the bridge for a reason. They all have special skills and we will start learning more about them.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/26/st...on-2-theme-plans-for-burnham-airiam-and-more/

A little too late to save this series.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The writers are focusing on things that are stupid and infantile. They are inherently bad writers. That's why this show is failing.

Imagine the prep going into the peeing scene. First, they dressed some dude up in latex and that dumb costume, then they ran tubes to his crotch (two of them) and ran water through them to get the shot. Picture stage hands manning lights, the camerman getting just the right angle, the post production sound effects, the scene actually being ON PAPER. All that to introduce a dumb pet scene for one of the writers who took liberties with Klingon anatomy based upon a loose canon reference to Klingons having redundant organs. Now, they will have to be confronted with issues like why don't they also have two heads too? Do Klingon women have two-car coochies? :smiley-laughing021:

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They are trying to be funny with a klingon pissing...Dude seriously? Why did you pay another provider to see this crap?

I didn't pay any provider to see this, I needed the VPN for a different purpose, and one of the side perks of it is being able to watch Netflix UK, or Australia, or Sweden or wherever. It is used for a number of other more technical purposes which is the primary reason for having it. Also, for some reason my eyes see this when the title comes on...

sTARcRAP_dEBAUCHERY.png

:calm: :P

Imagine the prep going into the peeing scene. First, they dressed some dude up in latex and that dumb costume, then they ran tubes to his crotch (two of them) and ran water through them to get the shot. Picture stange hands manning lights, the camerman getting just the right angle, the post production sound effects, the scene actually being ON PAPER. All that to introduce a dumb pet scene for one of the writers who took liberties with Klingon anatomy based upon a loose canon reference to Klingons having redundant organs. Now, they will have to be confronted with issues like why don't they also have two heads too? Do Klingon women have two car coochies? :smiley-laughing021:

In the article they even talked about how one of the director/writers was fascinated by Klingon biological duality and how that must mean the males have two penises. :rolleye0014:

Here's the actual quote:

That was an ongoing writers’ room debate. According to canon, Klingons have two organs, they have two of everything, right? So … we had this debate, when we say two of everything, does that include the penis?… I think this was something that [EP/Director] Akiva [Goldsman] really liked the notion of. He just kept joking, “Klingons have two dicks, Klingons have two dicks.” And then finally showed it on television.

When I first read this I couldn't help but wonder why they had hired a grade school child to write for the show. Imagine my surprise to discover that Goldsman is actually 55 years old. 55 years old and he's fixated on potty humor instead of simply writing a good story. WTF? :facepalm:

I'm getting tired of saying this but these people shouldn't be writing for Star Trek. They aren't fans. They don't respect the ST story. They don't understand the ST story. They are juvenile in their approach and they focus on all the wrong things. At best they should be writing for vapid teen shows like My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend or Jane the Virgin. But Star Trek is clearly beyond their ken and abilities. They aren't furthering the ST story, they're damaging it, and worse, they're doing it with a titter and a giggle. ("Two dicks, Klingons have two dicks, tee hee! I'm 10 years old! I'm 10 years old! Tag, you're it!" :rolleye0014::rolleye0014::rolleye0014: )

Apparently they are going towards more exploration route in season 2

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/26/st...on-2-theme-plans-for-burnham-airiam-and-more/

A little too late to save this series.

More proof that the writers for STD are juvenile idiots who have no business writing for Star Trek. It's like when the kids are left to their own devices and misbehave (STD season #1) then Mom comes home and all hell breaks loose when she sees the mess they've made. Now Mom is punishing the kids and making them clean up their mess (STD season #2). Unfortunately the kids caused so much damage that the house can't be fixed. The repairs are cosmetic at best and it's only a matter of time before the city evicts the tenants and condemns the building.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
More proof that the writers for STD are juvenile idiots who have no business writing for Star Trek. It's like when the kids are left to their own devices and misbehave (STD season #1) then Mom comes home and all hell breaks loose when she sees the mess they've made. Now Mom is punishing the kids and making them clean up their mess (STD season #2). Unfortunately the kids caused so much damage that the house can't be fixed. The repairs are cosmetic at best and it's only a matter of time before the city evicts the tenants and condemns the building.

What an apt analogy! And yeah, the "city" (CBS) is going to evict them for sure because it costs too much and it is just not worth keeping them in the building. They also did not deliver on the promise they were going to bring good paying tenants into the building who would offset the cost of having these dumb loud and destructive kids in there destroying everything.

But now its too late. Too much damage has been done, and of course, we now have The Orville.

Not too long from now, somebody at CBS is going to see just what a shortsighted mistake they have made, and realize they have actually devalued their own franchise IP by creating Discovery and promoting it AND swatting at the "built in" fanbase with it. A whole generation has been lost as potential fans of Star Trek because of this show. I am hearing that the next Star Trek (Tarantino) will be R-rated, and there is still no guarantee that the movie will be made. No more family friendly.

Did you read the comments on the article? You have to scroll down to find the gems but they're there, like these two:

El Chup

No thanks. If it was the Prime version I’d say yes. But the storyline with the mirror version was insulting to anyone with intelligence.

Here’s space Hitler, a genocidal maniac, given command of a starship by the Federation and then, worse still, allowed to escape! Monumentally stupid storytelling that treats the audience like idiots. Plus, the mirror version, unlike her prime counterpart, was little more than a moustache twirling villain (not unlike what Lorca ended up being).

February 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Danpaine

Agreed. That was one of the absolute low points of the finale, IMO. She has been nothing but a distraction since Burnham irresponsibly brought her over from the MU. Bad writing, and just an excuse to get the actress more screen time.

February 20, 2018 6:13 am

https://trekmovie.com/2018/02/18/st...ain-pike-klingons-having-two-organs-and-more/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Here is the Discovery "Visionary" team. 100% hipsters, and not one of them is a science fiction writer.

wc18-pressroom-aarongretchen-4-640x320.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Edgy Neelix poser. He's so cool and edgy! :icon_lol:

I wonder which one has to pick up the pumpkin spiced latte and caramel macchiatos from Starbucks before the morning meeting? I also wonder how many of those in the picture are also the shills posting such glowing praise for the warm turds they created for this show? IMdB user reviews for this show are a SOLID 40 pages and growing, right from page 1. And they are not troll comments or oneline entries just to lower the ratings. They are thoughtful diatribes on EXACTLY why they hate the show.

Last edited:
I wonder which one has to pick up the pumpkin spiced latte and carmel macchiatos from Starbucks before the morning meeting? I also wonder how many of those in the picture are also the shills posting such glowing praise for the warm turds they created for this show? IMdB user reviews for this show are a SOLID 40 pages and growing, right from page 1. And they are not troll comments or oneline entries just to lower the ratings. They are thoughtful diatribes on EXACTLY why they hate the show.

"Devin, it was your turn to pick up Starbucks. How could you forget? You know I can't talk about Klingon genitalia without my pumpkin-caramel-poser berry latte."

"Sorry Brooklyn, I was up late last night indulging in the smell of my own farts and overslept this morning. But don't worry, we're big time Star Trek writers so we can just send a lowly intern to Starbucks while we sit here and talk about anything as long as it doesn't involve Star Trek because truthfully I don't understand it and I've been faking it this whole time."

"Me too, tee hee! -- Oh yeah, don't forget to have the intern pick up some oxygenated water. My purse Chihuahua only drinks the best!"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
"Devin, it was your turn to pick up Starbucks. How could you forget? You know I can't talk about Klingon genitalia without my pumpkin-caramel-poser berry latte."

"Sorry Brooklyn, I was up late last night indulging in the smell of my own farts and overslept this morning. But don't worry, we're big time Star Trek writers so we can just send a lowly intern to Starbucks while we sit here and talk about anything as long as it doesn't involve Star Trek because truthfully I don't understand it and I've been faking it this whole time."

"Me too, tee hee! -- Oh yeah, don't forget to have the intern pick up some oxygenated water. My purse Chihuahua only drinks the best!"

:icon_rotflmao::shep_lol::smiley-laughing024:

The guy responsible for the Klingon double dongs is Akiva Goldsman.

akiva-goldsman-klingon.jpg

I can see some light banter on the subject over a blueberry dream smoothie at lunch or at the ping pong table, but this guy wrote it into a scene, assembled his team of people to do the tubing, makeup, lighting, and sound. The streams did not start simultaneously, which means that somewhere in the scene there was a line that said "start second pee stream". Then, the scene had to go into post production where somebody added the peeing sound. Seriously, how many man-hours and how much money was spent on just that? And why did they even do it in the first place?

:icon_rotflmao::shep_lol::smiley-laughing024:

The guy responsible for the Klingon double dongs is Akiva Goldsman.

View attachment 33986

I can see some light banter on the subject over a blueberry dream smoothie at lunch or at the ping pong table, but this guy wrote it into a scene, assembled his team of people to do the tubing, makeup, lighting, and sound. The streams did not start simultaneously, which means that somewhere in the scene there was a line that said "start second pee stream". Then, the scene had to go into post production where somebody added the peeing sound. Seriously, how many man-hours and how much money was spent on just that? And why did they even do it in the first place?

That's right, the chick on the writing staff basically admitted that Goldsman was obsessed with Klingon genitalia. ("He just kept joking, 'Klingons have two dicks, Klingons have two dicks.' And then finally showed it on television.") The issue here isn't the fact that they showed a Klingon urinating, it's that the writers were more focused on trivial nonsense than on actually writing a good story.

If the main story had been solid no one would give a crap about a minor Klingon piss scene. It amazes me that TPTB don't understand this. How can this many people involved in the production of this show be so damn obtuse? It makes no sense. I can understand millennials being short-sighted and not understanding what ST is about, but the head peeps aren't millennials. They're old men who should know better.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Makes you wonder how B’elanna Torres was able to be conceived with a Human father and Klingon mother...