Star Trek 4 Fate Still in the Air.

It will be a great loss if it DOES happen. They have Quentin Tarantino tapping his fingers on an r-rated Star Trek script waiting impatiently in the wings.

Unfortunately I think we have no choice but to just wait it all out. I'm not seeing anything worthwhile on the horizon with ST, either in movies or TV shows, so I'm done getting my hopes up. And truly the best thing that could happen to Trek now is to go into complete hibernation the way Stargate has. It needs to lie fallow for awhile. All these attempts to milk the story are doing nothing but draining it of blood. Better to have a new Trek in 10 years than to keep it limping along anemically.

I don't want an R rated and especially that blithering idiot touching star trek. He'll turn it into some violent gore fest. No thanks. I hate his movies

Yes, his movies are bad and stupid and I highly doubt his take on Star Trek will be that good. The fact that we've reached the point where Tarantino is directing an ST movie pretty much proves that no one is serious about respecting the franchise any longer. And if they don't care then I don't care. Let them all do their worst. The sooner they drive the franchise into a coma the sooner it can be revived by people serious about respecting it again.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, his movies are bad and stupid and I highly doubt his take on Star Trek will be that good. The fact that we've reached the point where Tarantino is directing an ST movie pretty much proves that no one is serious about respecting the franchise any longer. And if they don't care then I don't care. Let them all do their worst. The sooner they drive the franchise into a coma the sooner it can be revived by people serious about respecting it again.

Since they keep ignoring the pot of gold waiting for them at the end of the REAL Star Trek rainbow, they will drive Star Trek into the mud, hopefully they will consider selling it off. Then without the shackles of Paramount and CBS, it could be revived. With it would have to come licensing concessions to allow the original aesthetic.

Since they keep ignoring the pot of gold waiting for them at the end of the REAL Star Trek rainbow, they will drive Star Trek into the mud, hopefully they will consider selling it off. Then without the shackles of Paramount and CBS, it could be revived. With it would have to come licensing concessions to allow the original aesthetic.

You're right, they'd have to sell it off completely, none of this malarkey where Paramount or CBS hangs onto some control. That's a big part of the problem right now. The other part of the problem is that the people in charge at both Paramount and CBS either don't know what they're doing with the story or don't care. The best thing that can happen to ST at this point is for it to go dormant and then in a few years be sold to a completely new entity.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At this point the Kelvin-verse just needs to be put to bed. It just has too much illogical baggage (mostly from Star Trek Into Darkness) so that it is all but impossible to write stories in the setting that can avoid the nonsense. In addition the shackles of the Paramount license basically mean they can't write real Trek because of the stuff they are not allowed to use. It is the same thing that in part ruined STD (although with Orci in charge I think even with correct licensing it would have been wrecked).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At this point the Kelvin-verse just needs to be put to bed. It just has too much illogical baggage (mostly from Star Trek Into Darkness) so that it is all but impossible to write stories in the setting that can avoid the nonsense. In addition the shackles of the Paramount license basically mean they can't write real Trek because of the stuff they are not allowed to use. It is the same thing that in part ruined STD (although with Orci in charge I think even with correct licensing it would have been wrecked).
Even if that merger thing happens and the licensing is once again under the same roof, they have Kurtzman in charge which means no Star Trek. They have to dump Kurtzman, and anyone who leans towards the Kelvin concepts and stories. This includes any influence from JJ Abrams. No more movies at all. Concentrate on TV series, and make them without Kurtzman. Get some veteran writers. Let Bryan Fuller go with it.

Even if that merger thing happens and the licensing is once again under the same roof, they have Kurtzman in charge which means no Star Trek. They have to dump Kurtzman, and anyone who leans towards the Kelvin concepts and stories. This includes any influence from JJ Abrams. No more movies at all. Concentrate on TV series, and make them without Kurtzman. Get some veteran writers. Let Bryan Fuller go with it.

This is why I keep saying the franchise needs to lie fallow for a few years. People need time to forget the Abrams movies and this lousy TV show.