Sons Of Anarchy

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I watched the first episode of season one earlier this week. Now I have something to do this summer... :joy:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I watched the first episode of season one earlier this week. Now I have something to do this summer... :joy:

Once you get past the first season, you'll be hooked. This show is like crack. Hands down the BEST show on TV right now. The only other show of this caliber, quality and level of addiction is "The Shield", also created by Kurt Sutter, and both shows take place in the same universe.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Once you get past the first season, you'll be hooked. This show is like crack. Hands down the BEST show on TV right now. The only other show of this caliber, quality and level of addiction is "The Shield", also created by Kurt Sutter, and both shows take place in the same universe.

That good, eh? I see that seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix :netflix:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

My gf and I just did a week long Sons of Anarchy marathon for seasons 1 to 3 and we're totally hooked! Netflix won't get season 4 until August and damned Comcast just pulled S4 from on-demand!

View attachment 7118
glad to hear that it hooked you bro!
also worthy to note is if you guys thought s 1-3 was good then s4 will blow your fricking minds :D shame you have to wait so long for it though but if you catch S4 in august youll only have to wait until september for S5 and as the s4 finale is BETTER then the season 3 finally which imo was EXCELLENT (the last scene in s3 where the guys in the back of the van just laugh... = PRICELESS) but yeah im sure s4 will blow your mind!

OMNI

indeed the first season is a bit "1st season-y" but in s2 it all clicks into place and by s3 the momentum is lost a tad due to the whole irish thing but then s4 picks it up and blows what came before out of the water. And yes i agree its def the BEST drama/action show currently being produced imo, the cast is just brilliant and so is the writing and direction the ONLY other show i think compares to SOA and that is still being made is Breaking Bad but id still place SOA a couple of notches above breaking bad.

btw funfact s5 of SOA started filming this week. :D

here is Kurt Sutters tube channel where he posts weekly Q&A's behind the scenes etc etc

http://www.youtube.com/user/sutterinksoa

check it out!

also Bluce something you have to see between s3 and s4 is the "appisodes" they touch base on some of th things that happen in the 14month time span between the s3 finale and s4 premiere and youll find those on the tube just search for sons of "anarchy appisodes" i think there are 3 or so 4-5min clips that are neccesary to get up to speed for s4.

OMNI

That good, eh? I see that seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix :netflix:
YES! so get off your judgemental ass and watch it already :P

im sure both greybrew and bluce would be more than willing to back me up on how good it really is! ;)

Bluce Ree

indeed the first season is a bit "1st season-y" but in s2 it all clicks into place and by s3 the momentum is lost a tad due to the whole irish thing but then s4 picks it up and blows what came before out of the water. And yes i agree its def the BEST drama/action show currently being produced imo, the cast is just brilliant and so is the writing and direction the ONLY other show i think compares to SOA and that is still being made is Breaking Bad but id still place SOA a couple of notches above breaking bad.

btw funfact s5 of SOA started filming this week. :D

here is Kurt Sutters tube channel where he posts weekly Q&A's behind the scenes etc etc

http://www.youtube.com/user/sutterinksoa

check it out!

also Bluce something you have to see between s3 and s4 is the "appisodes" they touch base on some of th things that happen in the 14month time span between the s3 finale and s4 premiere and youll find those on the tube just search for sons of "anarchy appisodes" i think there are 3 or so 4-5min clips that are neccesary to get up to speed for s4.

Dude, the way they wrapped up all the loose ends in the season 3 finale was just @#$^*%@#*$&%!$(^@$% AWESOME! It's taking everything in me not to spoil it just for this conversation. :(

When Sutter was filming S3, there was no word on S4 yet. So, Sutter took the high road and wrote an awesome S3 closer, just in case, that tied up almost all the knots and could easily be a series finale without precluding the series from being continued. The man is a class act. He should be giving lessons on how to write and produce to all the other crocks of shit who deem themselves "writers/producers/etc" who inject ego into their "art". Compared to Sutter, I see much of the rest of Hollywood television as amateur.

Bluce Ree

im sure both greybrew and bluce would be more than willing to back me up on how good it really is! ;)

My remote became a crack pipe. I could not put it down as long as there was more. If I could smoke that shit I'd have been picked up for possession multiple times.

OMNI

Dude, the way they wrapped up all the loose ends in the season 3 finale was just @#$^*%@#*$&%!$(^@$% AWESOME! It's taking everything in me not to spoil it just for this conversation. :(

When Sutter was filming S3, there was no word on S4 yet. So, Sutter took the high road and wrote an awesome S3 closer, just in case, that tied up almost all the knots and could easily be a series finale without precluding the series from being continued. The man is a class act. He should be giving lessons on how to write and produce to all the other crocks of shit who deem themselves "writers/producers/etc" who inject ego into their "art". Compared to Sutter, I see much of the rest of Hollywood television as amateur.
indeed the s3 finale was AWESOME i remember bouncing up and down like a giddy school girl when opie said "this is what she felt" and blew "someones" brains out :D very well written and very well played out that. s4's finale is right up there man id even like to say its better :D

and yes i read that and i agree Sutter is def great at what he does no doubt about that and he actually gives a f**k about his audience like these appisodes i mentioned and in july there'll be some behind the scenes sneak peeks etc coming out as sort of webbisode stuff to get us in gear for the s5 premiere.. i think he is calling it "before the anarchy" or something.. so he cares for the audience thats for sure.

btw you happen to catch sutters new show on discovery? "outlaw empires"? i think its neat and def a refreshing way to tell those stories.. unlike gangland and the likes which are all one sided..

Bluce Ree

indeed the s3 finale was AWESOME i remember bouncing up and down like a giddy school girl when opie said "this is what she felt" and blew "someones" brains out :D very well written and very well played out that. s4's finale is right up there man id even like to say its better :D

My gf did the exact same thing right at that scene, jumping up and down on the couch cheering like a giddy school girl. :icon_lol:

and yes i read that and i agree Sutter is def great at what he does no doubt about that and he actually gives a f**k about his audience like these appisodes i mentioned and in july there'll be some behind the scenes sneak peeks etc coming out as sort of webbisode stuff to get us in gear for the s5 premiere.. i think he is calling it "before the anarchy" or something.. so he cares for the audience thats for sure.

You can tell Sutter is an artist who shows pride beyond the dollar signs in what he does and how he does it. Maybe they should hand him The Walking Dead before that show tanks spectacularly with its current direction.

btw you happen to catch sutters new show on discovery? "outlaw empires"? i think its neat and def a refreshing way to tell those stories.. unlike gangland and the likes which are all one sided..

I haven't but I am definitely going to give it a look.

OMNI

My gf did the exact same thing right at that scene, jumping up and down on the couch cheering like a giddy school girl. :icon_lol:

You can tell Sutter is an artist who shows pride beyond the dollar signs in what he does and how he does it. Maybe they should hand him The Walking Dead before that show tanks spectacularly with its current direction.

I haven't but I am definitely going to give it a look.
knowing sutter im sure he wouldnt touch it with a 300ft pole ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

You told be before how awesome it was, and I poo pooed you. EVERYBODY who has seen it that I know tells me its great. :) Im gonna watch it! :redface-new:

Bluce Ree

You told be before how awesome it was, and I poo pooed you. EVERYBODY who has seen it that I know tells me its great. :) Im gonna watch it! :redface-new:

Dude, once you get into this series you will find yourself unfairly comparing everything else on TV to it. When I got into Sutter's "The Shield" years ago I was at the same point, everything else sucked, but he truly outdid himself with SoA and sets the bar far too high for anything on TV today to compare.

Bluce Ree

I wonder if anyone noticed that Kurt Sutter plays Big Otto Delaney?

OMNI

now here is the kicker did you know that the guy who plays "Lenny" (the pimp) is Sonny barger? ie Hells Angels royalty? ;)

Bluce Ree

now here is the kicker did you know that the guy who plays "Lenny" (the pimp) is Sonny barger? ie Hells Angels royalty? ;)

Founding member of the Oakland, CA chapter. :)

One of my buddies up north used to be an enforcer for the Montreal chapter.

Bluce Ree

of course i did... he also played the foot fetish "margos" on the sheild
wink.gif

Founding member of the Oakland, CA chapter. :)

One of my buddies up north used to be an enforcer for the Montreal chapter.

When I was going through my party phase during the time I lived in NYC, a bunch of us used to hang out at Scores often and we chatted with Chuck Zito a few times. I recall one incident where Zito kicked the shit out of Van Damme at the strip club. Van Damme was drunk and he and Zito exchanged some words. All I remember is Zito yelling something like "this isn't the movies, van damme" and knocked him on his ass. :icon_lol: