Sons Of Anarchy

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Well, we didn't get Vic Mackey but at least we got Chiklis

I thought the series ended pretty well--none of the bad guy does good stuff and forgiven crap

What do you think Bluce?

And, like the SHIELD, ended with the possibilities of follow on (movie or show)-whether Sutter does this intentionally or not, don't know-but he does show that there are those left behind who continue on (in both shows)

Wonder what kind of show he'll do next? You know he will--probably can't stay away. Hopefully it will be as good as SHIELD and SOA

I thought the end was poetic, if not a bit cliche in that Jax followed his dad's footsteps right to his demise. I liked how Jax cleaned up shop at the end, though. No elaborate scheme, no well thought out plan, just good ol' bullet to the head to each and every one of the remaining enemies without regard to himself.

I'm disappointed we didn't get Vic Mackey but I am delighted we did at least get a nod of sorts with Chiklis' cameo. Chiklis was brought in most likely because of the overwhelming cries of The Shield fans who were all but begging to see Mackey in the finale.

Sutter's next project is a period piece called "The Bastard Executioner" and his wife will be starring in it again. After The Shield and SOA, I'm not sure I can sit through a Sutter story based in the dark ages. :(

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I thought the end was poetic, if not a bit cliche in that Jax followed his dad's footsteps right to his demise. I liked how Jax cleaned up shop at the end, though. No elaborate scheme, no well thought out plan, just good ol' bullet to the head to each and every one of the remaining enemies without regard to himself.

I'm disappointed we didn't get Vic Mackey but I am delighted we did at least get a nod of sorts with Chiklis' cameo. Chiklis was brought in most likely because of the overwhelming cries of The Shield fans who were all but begging to see Mackey in the finale.

Sutter's next project is a period piece called "The Bastard Executioner" and his wife will be starring in it again. After The Shield and SOA, I'm not sure I can sit through a Sutter story based in the dark ages. :(

given that no other SHIELD cast member was in SOA as there SHIELD character, I kind of fig that if chiklis was in it, it would not have been as Mackey

though it would have been awesome

his ICE office could have been carrying out a whole sep op investigating SAMCRO and in the end just popped in and arrested everyone with no warning (to us or the cast)

but that his just my fantasy i know

hey but at least i was kind of close when i said that if chiklis was in it as some "random guy" on the road who lost it after seeing samcro on the road, pulled out a ar15 and started blasting...

well at least i got the part of the chiklis character being involved in Jax's death

then i thought, hey "did i miss something?" didn't Gemma and the Chiklis trucker say how he had been driving that road for a long time? did i miss some subtle point in which he could have been the same trucker involved in Jax's dad's death?

then i remembered no they did say he had been driving a long time but said nothing about how he had any accident long ago. but we could read in between the lines and fantasize some more though,,,i just like those unlooked for deeply buried connections

---------------------------------
Sutter or the other SHIELD TPTB's ever mention any type of return to Farmington? Like I said before, I would love to see a SHIELD movie--you just know Mackey has manipulated and seduced or killed his way to the top of the food chain again...

and besides, IMO Chiklis hasn't been very good at anything else :sulkiness:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
well at least i got the part of the chiklis character being involved in Jax's death

I suppose it was fitting to have Chiklis end the SOA legacy. His character in The Shield was already a grim reaper of sorts, having destroyed so many lives right up to the end. I suppose, in some poetic sense, his incarnation here fits.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I actually watched some of this show recently, as alluded to in another thread.

To me, SoA is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Not that the show is not well acted, well written and directed because it is. The train wreck is watching SAMCRO spiral down into the sewer and Jax do the same.

SAMCRO started the series as gunrunners and thugs but ones with a code (for example they would not allow drugs into Charming) and a sort of vigilante justice approach (ask the clown rapist in Season 1). As the show progressed, that code went by the wayside as not only did SAMCRO engage in more and more murders they also started doing the very things they previously had forbidden (like drug running).

Jax started out as the troubled character who was starting to understand that what SAMCRO was doing was wrong and ended up becoming as bad a monster as Clay turned into (which was pretty bad). And Clay himself started out a little less repellent but as the show progressed became a monster. And then there was Gemma, who was ultimately responsible for the corruption of Jax and the downfall of Clay, Jax and indeed herself.

In that context the finale made some sense as Jax kind of came back to his senses, and realized that the only way SAMCRO could have a less demented (not necessarily legit but less demented) future was to clear out all the enemies and other such to give them a way to have a clean start. And he did that with a killing spree starting with Gemma (who should have been shot probably in Season Two). And by doing all the killing himself after the Mayhem vote he gave the club cover. Chibs as President may not take the club fully legit but Jax cleared the playing field out so there is nothing compelling him to do mayhem out of the gate.

Last edited: