So...the soil has settled on the grave of SGU. But Stargate still lives. Its just missing...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
It's all OM1's fault, he made me think it!

Brad raped Trek without remorse. He stole whole concepts lock stock and barrel, right about the time that Enterprise was cancelled (once again, to try to bait in all the orphaned Trek fans who no longer had a series on the air). He is predictable. ALL of the ships, the weapons on the starships, the shields, the beaming...stolen from Trek. None of that is supposed to be part of Stargate, but it was acceptable because the show was still action/adventure science fiction. With SGU, he raped BSG but it was a whole different animal. In order to rip BSG off, he had to change the genre of Stargate to drama soap-fi, and thats why it failed. Why choose BSG to copy? It was no ratings star, thats for sure!

LMAO my mind is being perverse here...so was the rape of ENT
vaginal
and the rape of BSG
anal?
:eek: sorry just HAD to say it!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'd actually like to see a reboot of the whole thing, back to square one. Of course Jack & Daniel would still be there and the Stargate would still be discovered at Giza and now operated by the Air Force, but everything could be different. I don't know about you guys, but between all the ships and superweapons it just felt like a giant Earthwank. Part of the reason I liked SGU was because it was set on a ship far away from Earth with no Daedalus being able to swoop in in the last minute and save the day. Then you can of course discuss the show's many flaws of the show until the end of the world, but I don't know about you guys, but I've got better things to do.

This whole reboot talk actually made me think on which actors I'd like to see playing Jack and Daniel in an eventual reboot. Hmm... I think Adam Baldwin (Firefly, Chuck) would be a good choice for Jack while Gareth David-Lloyd (Torchwood) could play a good Daniel.

I love this post!