SGA Extinction And other movies 2011

B

bumble

And, of course, THAT script. For what it's worth, it involved a return mission to Pegasus, the tragic end of one relationship, the beginning of another, and a surprising progression in the alliance between one man and one wraith.

Trying to think of alternate interpretations. Maybe they really are the more obvious ones. But fun to try to think of different twists.

End of one relationship: maybe an ally? The poor Athosians are finally fed up and give the finger to ol' Atlantis! :D

End of the team? TPTB would never kill off Keller or McKay, but maybe Mozzie's final up yours would be to kill off Sheppard. He's been narrowly escaping suicide missions for 5 years now. Maybe he finally gives it all for Atlantis? They certainly made the point of making him alone and tired by the end of season 5... hmmmm. Ugh. How awful would that be? You'd have major fan rebellion!

Maybe Rodney gives up custody of the wee baby turtles back to Carson. :D

Beginning of another: new aliens? although I don't think J.Moz has ever written new aliens, so maybe not.

Kanaan killed = John/Teyla? That would be too bold a move by tptb.

John and Todd and the love we dare not speak? lol. It could be simply Ronan and Amelia really hook up, it was still ambiguous in the show. That's not a very creative answer though.

A man and a wraith.
I actually really think this could be Todd and Woolsey working out the end of the Wraith as we know them. Or it could be John and Todd, gone rogue, the Pegasus Galaxy's version of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. lol. I think I like that version.

Ooo! I know! Chuck becomes the High King of Pegasus. And they all lived happily ever after.
:shepclap:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
And, of course, THAT script. For what it's worth, it involved a return mission to Pegasus, the tragic end of one relationship, the beginning of another, and a surprising progression in the alliance between one man and one wraith.

Trying to think of alternate interpretations. Maybe they really are the more obvious ones. But fun to try to think of different twists.

End of one relationship: maybe an ally? The poor Athosians are finally fed up and give the finger to ol' Atlantis! :D

End of the team? TPTB would never kill off Keller or McKay, but maybe Mozzie's final up yours would be to kill off Sheppard. He's been narrowly escaping suicide missions for 5 years now. Maybe he finally gives it all for Atlantis? They certainly made the point of making him alone and tired by the end of season 5... hmmmm. Ugh. How awful would that be? You'd have major fan rebellion!

Maybe Rodney gives up custody of the wee baby turtles back to Carson. :D

Beginning of another: new aliens? although I don't think J.Moz has ever written new aliens, so maybe not.

Kanaan killed = John/Teyla? That would be too bold a move by tptb.

John and Todd and the love we dare not speak? lol. It could be simply Ronan and Amelia really hook up, it was still ambiguous in the show. That's not a very creative answer though.

A man and a wraith. I actually really think this could be Todd and Woolsey working out the end of the Wraith as we know them. Or it could be John and Todd, gone rogue, the Pegasus Galaxy's version of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. lol. I think I like that version.

Ooo! I know! Chuck becomes the High King of Pegasus. And they all lived happily ever after.
:shepclap:

Yeah I could see Loretta killing Shep...he's envious because JF is an alpha male while loretta is merely a weenie! :P I would love to see the Shep/teyla pairing but I too doubt it would be done. The fave "couple" of TPTW was mckeller...gag! :puke:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Since when did Sony have the rights?

Probably just a mistake although, would it be such a bad thing if SONY did have the rights to it? It might actually get made if that was the case.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Probably just a mistake although, would it be such a bad thing if SONY did have the rights to it? It might actually get made if that was the case.

Agreed with you there.

To be honest it's likely that SG1, SGA and SGU films would turn a profit. MGM just needs to give them a go; at the end of the day I'd say getting those movies out there could help bridge between SGU and a new Stargate show.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Agreed with you there.

To be honest it's likely that SG1, SGA and SGU films would turn a profit. MGM just needs to give them a go; at the end of the day I'd say getting those movies out there could help bridge between SGU and a new Stargate show.

I'm confident that an SG1 or SGA movie would turn a profit but can't say the same for SGU. Unless these final 10 episodes really take off in the ratings and magically build a fanbase I don't see how an SGU movie would do much more than break even.

What I think they will do is try to combine SG1 or SGA with SGU in order to take advantage of the fact that fans of those shows (SG1/SGA) would probably watch an SGU movie then. The writing is on the wall and even BW now has to admit that people are still clamoring for an SGA movie so he will (in his mind) be forced to compromise his artistic vision for SGU and mate it with SG1 or SGA if he expects to be able to have it turn a profit.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I'm confident that an SG1 or SGA movie would turn a profit but can't say the same for SGU. Unless these final 10 episodes really take off in the ratings and magically build a fanbase I don't see how an SGU movie would do much more than break even.

What I think they will do is try to combine SG1 or SGA with SGU in order to take advantage of the fact that fans of those shows (SG1/SGA) would probably watch an SGU movie then. The writing is on the wall and even BW now has to admit that people are still clamoring for an SGA movie so he will (in his mind) be forced to compromise his artistic vision for SGU and mate it with SG1 or SGA if he expects to be able to have it turn a profit.

I'm not so sure. A wrap up movie or two for SGU combined with releases of SG1/SGA movies might work quite well. Plus it lays a solid base to bring all fans along for the ride. After all the DVD movies just say Stargate on the front so the average fan might well pick up either one of the three based on their like for SG1 (for example).

Certainly mixing the two would be a bad idea, that could just annoy everyone.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm not so sure. A wrap up movie or two for SGU combined with releases of SG1/SGA movies might work quite well. Plus it lays a solid base to bring all fans along for the ride. After all the DVD movies just say Stargate on the front so the average fan might well pick up either one of the three based on their like for SG1 (for example).

Certainly mixing the two would be a bad idea, that could just annoy everyone.

Can you imagine if they combined the two movies, one SGA and one SGU, in a box set? Oh the fur would fly! :icon_lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
sgu movie would never make a profit!

ITA!!! there is no way a sgpoo movie would ever make a profit! the season dvds tanked...completely TANKED!!!! I fear they will also try to combine the whos, but that would not work because some of the sg1 & sga fans have a serious dislike of sgpoo! (yep I count myself as one of those!:P)

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Can you imagine if they combined the two movies, one SGA and one SGU, in a box set? Oh the fur would fly! :icon_lol:

It would not be a pretty sight that's for sure. Might save me some money though :P

ITA!!! there is no way a sgpoo movie would ever make a profit! the season dvds tanked...completely TANKED!!!! I fear they will also try to combine the whos, but that would not work because some of the sg1 & sga fans have a serious dislike of sgpoo! (yep I count myself as one of those!:P)

Did the DVD's tank? I know they didn't sell as well as SGA/SG1 but they sold quite exceptionally, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the SGU ones were doing ok.

I honestly haven't looked at any figures on the subject though.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
need proof here!

It would not be a pretty sight that's for sure. Might save me some money though :P

Did the DVD's tank? I know they didn't sell as well as SGA/SG1 but they sold quite exceptionally, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the SGU ones were doing ok.

ok since you insist they sold so well...give us some hard data and PROVE it!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
we need some clarity here!

I meant the SG1/SGA ones sold exceptionally.

that is not what you said:

you need to look for clarity when you post. SG1 and SGA did exceptionally well...sgpoo= not even close! if the series did terrible why would a movie do any better?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm actually trying to be generous to SGU in trying to see a way that movies could actually turn a profit. I'm not an expert in these things but I just don't see an SGU movie or movies doing more than covering the costs of production. Who knows what foreign sales might add to the mix or if that even factors into the decision to green light a movie.

Do we even have numbers for DVD sales for SGU to date? Anyone?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
He's missing some puctuation marks Rac80, I think he meant this:

"Did the DVD's Tank? I know they didn't sell as well as SGA/SG1, but they (implication of SG1/SGA here) sold quite exceptionally. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the SGU ones were doing ok"

It's amazing how much difference a few dots and comma's can make............. :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
He's missing some puctuation marks Rac80, I think he meant this:

"Did the DVD's Tank? I know they didn't sell as well as SGA/SG1, but they (implication of SG1/SGA here) sold quite exceptionally. I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that the SGU ones were doing ok"

It's amazing how much difference a few dots and comma's can make............. :P

good thing we have you here to translate for us. but I dunno.....

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob

I don't see this possible cos SG1/SGA don't have the same style and format than sgu.SG1/SGA could be mixed but I don't see how BW could mix SGA with sgu.Have you see any humor and action in it(sgu)?Have you see any reliable character in sgu that could survive at this failure and go ove SGA.IMPOSSIBLE.
The only way MGM give the go on and fire BW and hire new producers.