SGA Extinction And other movies 2011

Nani

GateFans Noob
I tend to agree with you on this. If they had actually planned for an SGA movie they would be jumping thru hoops at this point to get it made because it's obvious the gravy train has run out with SGU and an SGA paycheck is better than no paycheck at all. Both Mallozzi and Wright are unemployed right now as the final SGU episodes are finished and in the can so to speak, so it doesn't make sense that if they truly had this SGA card up their sleeve that they wouldn't play it to keep their careers going. Their bluff has been called and now we're seeing that it was all just one big lie to what had been a very loyal fan base.

And any talk of an SGA movie without Sheppard is laughable. It would be a dismal failure. He's arguably the main character and unlike O'neill's character in SG1, he hasn't been "divorced" from the SGA storyline. An SGA movie without him wouldn't work.

Maybe they'll make a SG-mush-up movie, with Mallozzi's "dream team" of Grear, McKay, Vala & Ronon. :facepalm:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Maybe they'll make a SG-mush-up movie, with Mallozzi's "dream team" of Grear, McKay, Vala & Ronon. :facepalm:

I'd have thought his dream team would have been Greer, McKay, Keller & Vala.

Nani

GateFans Noob
I'd have thought his dream team would have been Greer, McKay, Keller & Vala.

So have I, until he posted this recently (you have to scroll down a list of desserts he had in one sitting before you get to it):

Anyway, in my sugar-addled state, my thoughts turned to Stargate. I wondered: Given a most unlikely scenario in which I was given carte blanche to assemble a dream team from the franchise’s three incarnations (SG-1, SGA, and SGU) and write a script based on their adventures, what might that team look like? Well, in my case – pretty darn crazy. So crazy, in fact, that I doubt they’d let them off the base.​

Team leader?​

Master Sergeant Ronald Greer.
Tough, capable, dependable, courageous, yet totally unpredictable. His out-of-the-box approach to most any situation would make for some very interesting developments.​

Team science expert?

Dr. Rodney McKay.
He’s snarky, smug, and annoying as hell but – damn – he is good at what he does. And what he does is use his smarts to save the day.​

Team strategist and quick-thinker?

Vala Mal Doran.
If you’re in a tight spot, there’s no one with better improvisational skills – or a talent for self-preservation (so stick close!). Guaranteed to make any off-world outing VERY interesting.​

Team muscle and survivalist?

Ronon Dex.
Sure, he’s big, strong, and driven, but he’s also smart and shown he’s capable of weathering the toughest of challenges, surviving the most daunting of scenarios. He never gives up and he’s always got your back.​

Overseeing operations back on Earth and occasionally joining the team for the odd off-world jaunt?

Richard Woolsey.
Sometimes, the biggest threats are not alien in nature but hail from more familiar surroundings like, say, the corridors of power right here on planet Earth. That’s when you want a guy like Woolsey in your corner. Diplomatic when he wants to be, ruthless when he needs to be, the former lawyer and company man has the savvy to keep operations running smoothly on the home front.​

Out of all the capable SG team leaders (Jack, Cam, Samantha, Shep, Lorne to name a few), he picks unhinged Greer??? :puke: Seriously???

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

So have I, until he posted this recently (you have to scroll down a list of desserts he had in one sitting before you get to it):

Out of all the capable SG team leaders (Jack, Cam, Samantha, Shep, Lorne to name a few), he picks unhinged Greer??? :puke: Seriously???

I have to commend JM as 60% of the people he put in his dream team are from SGA & only one of them is a person who he "can write for". Makes me wonder if he really does hate SGA that much or if it's that he hates himself & is ashamed for loving it as much as he secretly does!

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Something wierd must be going on with Stargate, but take a look at the Production List that was published today:
http://teamsters155.org/WebDocuments/rptProdACtiveList.pdf

It lists Atlantis as being in production, but the dates are from 2008!?
Verrrrry odd.

ETA: Just in case they delete it here is the text:
ATLANTIS STARGATE V​
Episodic​
PEGASUS PRODUCTIONS V INC for MGM
Prod Manager: JOHN LENIC
Contract: Last year TV rate less 5%​
Co-ordinator: DAVE ANDERSON
Captain 1:
Captain 2:

CoCaptain: Unassigned
ASC Captain: JOE FAIRBANKS
Steward: CLINT WHEELER​
Schedule: Feb 19, 2008 to Oct 10, 2008
2400 BOUNDARY ROAD
BURNABY, B.C. V5M 3Z3
604-292-8500 FAX: 604-292-8550​

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It could be an Atlantis movie!

Something wierd must be going on with Stargate, but take a look at the Production List that was published today:
http://teamsters155.org/WebDocuments/rptProdACtiveList.pdf

It lists Atlantis as being in production, but the dates are from 2008!?
Verrrrry odd.

ETA: Just in case they delete it here is the text:
ATLANTIS STARGATE V​
Episodic​
PEGASUS PRODUCTIONS V INC for MGM
Prod Manager: JOHN LENIC
Contract: Last year TV rate less 5%​
Co-ordinator: DAVE ANDERSON
Captain 1:
Captain 2:

CoCaptain: Unassigned
ASC Captain: JOE FAIRBANKS
Steward: CLINT WHEELER​
Schedule: Feb 19, 2008 to Oct 10, 2008
2400 BOUNDARY ROAD
BURNABY, B.C. V5M 3Z3
604-292-8500 FAX: 604-292-8550​

Pegasus Productions V is the production company that handled Atlantis. This looks to me like an Atlantis movie! Considering the interval is 8 months, its too short for a series, but just right for a movie. The production company for SGU is Stargate Productions I, and I was told by an MGM employee that no money is going to go to any more SGU from MGM. But that has nothing to do with Atlantis :). I imagine that news is coming about this soon...we are watching them like a hawk, and we will most likely know before other sites do. This is EXCITING!!!!

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Pegasus Productions V is the production company that handled Atlantis. This looks to me like an Atlantis movie! Considering the interval is 8 months, its too short for a series, but just right for a movie. The production company for SGU is Stargate Productions I, and I was told by an MGM employee that no money is going to go to any more SGU from MGM. But that has nothing to do with Atlantis :). I imagine that news is coming about this soon...we are watching them like a hawk, and we will most likely know before other sites do. This is EXCITING!!!!

God I hope so! :)

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Extinction Script Cover

Joe M put a photo of the script for Extinction (supposedly) on his blog tonight.
He has a little caption under the photo:
And, of course, THAT script. For what it's worth, it involved a return mission to Pegasus, the tragic end of one relationship, the beginning of another, and a surprising progression in the alliance between one man and one wraith.
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/img_2533.jpg
People are saying in the comments they can see some dialog from an Astronaut or Astonomer.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
When you look at the photo, when it is big, you can see through the title page and see some of the writing of the next page. One character mentioned is definitely an "astronaut". There are a few more words readable, but not enough to make sense.

Right under the word Production # I think I can make out:
Astronaut 2 (cont):
That should be good enough for now. We may have to come back out to make some adjustments and to get the first batch of readings.

Down at the bottom someone says:
Quite a sight, isn't it

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
F

Frumenta

I'm reading

ASTRONAUT 1 (CONTINUED)
That's good.
[...] readings [...] device mounted to the wrist of the space suit

ASTRONAUT 2
Try boosting the gain a little.

Astronaut 1 makes [...]

then what Serenity made out:

ASTRONAUT 2 (cont):
That should be good enough for now. We may have to come back out to make some adjustments and to get the first batch of readings.

then Astronaut 1 says something I can't make out

ASTRONAUT 2
I know what you mean.

Then I'm not sure which Astronaut says

It's quite a sight, isn't it.

Any speculation on which relationship ended tragically? My guess would be McKeller since it's not like we gave a damn about Ronon and Amelia or Teyla and Kanaan.

I'm so sad the movie will never be made. Even though it was Mallozi's script :(

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Would they have actually gone and killed Keller? That would have been a pretty bold (and good in terms of ending that relationship) move.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
TPTW are so in love with Keller, that they would never kill her! Maybe they would have ended the relationship without Keller or McKay dying. But personally I think Mallozzi is speaking about Teyla/Kanaan or Ronon
/Amelia. I think it is
more probable that one of those relationships break up than McKeller. I wouldn't even be surprised, if the Extinction script ends with a marriage of McKay and Keller. :icon_mad:

Errrr....worst relationship in the history of Stargate imo. Best case scenario if they wouldn't kill her off is to leave her behind when Atlantis goes back to pegasus. Then have it cut off from Earth for so long that Mckay moves on - a good year or so.

Also everyone forgets about her and gets used to Carson again :icon_razz:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
TPTW are so in love with Keller, that they would never kill her! Maybe they would have ended the relationship without Keller or McKay dying. But personally I think Mallozzi is speaking about Teyla/Kanaan or Ronon/Amelia. I think it is more probable that one of those relationships break up than McKeller. I wouldn't even be surprised, if the Extinction script ends with a marriage of McKay and Keller. :icon_mad:
:puke: :puke: :puke:

Sorry, that's all I have to say about that...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
NO!!!!!!

TPTW are so in love with Keller, that they would never kill her! Maybe they would have ended the relationship without Keller or McKay dying. But personally I think Mallozzi is speaking about Teyla/Kanaan or Ronon/Amelia. I think it is more probable that one of those relationships break up than McKeller. I wouldn't even be surprised, if the Extinction script ends with a marriage of McKay and Keller. :icon_mad:

Uh no...just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! that would be obscene, disgusting, revolting, sickening, almost as bad as an sgpoo ep! :puke:

THX1138

GateFans Member
Why is everyone assuming a romantic relationship?

Consider the source! Then think of anything barely linked to a relationship of any kind I say ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Why is everyone assuming a romantic relationship?

Consider the source! Then think of anything barely linked to a relationship of any kind I say ;)

So can I assume you are talking about the team itself being ended?

THX1138

GateFans Member
So can I assume you are talking about the team itself being ended?

No, I was just trying to get people to widen their field of speculation from romantic relationships. I generally ignore hints from Mallozzi because they are always deliberately misleading.