SGA Extinction And other movies 2011

julie1927

GateFans Noob
I hope MGM and Spyglass will give the green light for SG1 and SGA Extinction. I also hope they will pair Shepperd with one of the Characters.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That would be nice...

I hope MGM and Spyglass will give the green light for SG1 and SGA Extinction. I also hope they will pair Shepperd with one of the Characters.

I hope they greenlight some sort of Stargate movie. But I no longer want them to use J Mozz or Brad Wright to do them. What Im really hoping for is a cancellation of the SGU soap opera for a new Stargate show which is action/adventure/drama...sorta like they are doing with BSG: Blood and Chrome. I think if that show does well, they will do the same for Stargate :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think that's how it's gonna go down. SG needs to chill a bit while BSG "Blood and Chrome" brings the action and excitement back to sci-fi. This drama shit is played out and I think the peeps what be producing this shit know it. Give it a good year or two and SG will be back in some form with some cool ass story lines, not to mention they'll probably turn the lights back on too. Yo!

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
I just read that if there is an SGA movie, Sheppard won't be in it.

What the FUCK? :facepalm:

If this is true...then Mollazzie truly is a twat over his butthurt from Flanigan, because Flanigan (asking on behalf of the cast) had asked him (Mollazzie) to stop taking photos of the leads all the time and posting the pics on JM blog.

I swear to GOD himself these PTB are a bunch of fucking BABIES!!! :mad:

OH MY GAWD!

If I were the cast of SGA, I'd tell those idiots to go fuck themselves!!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

If this is true...then Mollazzie truly is a twat over his butthurt from Flanigan, because Flanigan (asking on behalf of the cast) had asked him (Mollazzie) to stop taking photos of the leads all the time and posting the pics on JM blog.

OH MY GAWD!

I sure hope that is just a sgusqueedrone rumor! Where did you find that my friend?
SGA w/o sheppard is not my SGA! :P

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
GW the Extinction thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthre...and-eventual-spoilers&p=12195427#post12195427

Big fucking Babies.

Whines: You were mad cause we canceled Atlantis for our BABY WE ACTUALLY DO LOVE.... SGU.
Then *snottily* you didn't even watch it (stamps foot) Now that you Fuckerheads got OUR MOST TRUE LOVE canceled WE WON"T EVER MAKE AN SGA MOVIE....SO THERE! (Sticks his tongue out at us)

Why am I not shocked????

ASSHOLE producers!!

Not that I wanted a movie, with their Keller obsession and Rodney/Keller Obsession and forgetting everybody else.......It is a good thing.

I am just pissed at their lousy attitude.

Here is the actual post:

Scroll down a bit it is the last at the bottom.

http://abbaskarimjee.wordpress.com/2008/08/15/stargate-movie-2009-2010/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Where did you read that?

OH MY GAWD!

I think a new thread needs to be started. Joseph Mallozzi, Brad Wright, Robert Cooper, Martin Gero, et al....

THEY DO NOT CALL THE SHOTS!

Its simply not up to them. If MGM wants him in any SGA movie, then he will be in it. Mallozzi has nothing to say about it or anything related to Stargate anymore. Why are the squeedrones acting like TPTB of this failed franchise are somehow in charge of Stargate's future? THEIR part in it as writers (employees, actually), is OVER.

Im really getting tired of the doomsayers talking about Stargate going into mothballs for 10 or 20 years. Just LOL! Its not gonna happen. If the new MGM mothballed one of their most profitable TV properties like that, it simply wouldnt make fiscal or business sense. What DID make sense was to fire the burned out writers and producers and clean house. I do expect a couple of few years to pass, but not much more than that. Especially with a whole new slew of science fiction movies in the pipelines in other studios.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I saw that.

Joe M had written SGA:E almost right after SGA ended. When all the talk about a movie was going to happen.

Now there is this: scroll down a bit. NO MOVIE. From Joe M.

Yes, thank you for the page...but that changes nothing as far as who is calling the shots. Who says Stargate Extinction is going to be the next Stargate movie? For all Mallozzi and Co know, MGM may have already hired writers to write a different Stargate movie. MGM can hire new writers to finish Atlantis, and they wouldnt have to make a single call or send a single email to Mallozzi or any of the others or "check with" them in any fashion whatsoever.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

GW the Extinction thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthre...and-eventual-spoilers&p=12195427#post12195427

Big fucking Babies.

Whines: You were mad cause we canceled Atlantis for our BABY WE ACTUALLY DO LOVE.... SGU.
Then *snottily* you didn't even watch it (stamps foot) Now that you Fuckerheads got OUR MOST TRUE LOVE canceled WE WON"T EVER MAKE AN SGA MOVIE....SO THERE! (Sticks his tongue out at us)

Why am I not shocked????

ASSHOLE producers!!

Not that I wanted a movie, with their Keller obsession and Rodney/Keller Obsession and forgetting everybody else.......It is a good thing.

I am just pissed at their lousy attitude.

Here is the actual post:

Scroll down a bit it is the last at the bottom.

If JF were to not be in a potential SGA movie then that would show that Mozz & the other PTB had made it personal.

Incidently I don't see any reference to JF specifically on that abbaskarimjee website you gave the link for (only that there will be no SGA film) I only see a reference to the JF issue that YOU posted on that GW thread. Where is the original source info that JF would be excluded from an SGA movie? Or did you start that incendiary rumour yourself?

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
I don't start rumors!

I read this: by Hyndara71

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78835-Will-there-be-a-season-6/page10

Unlike YOU, I don't think people are liars. I tend to take them at their word.

YOU don't know me. You don't get to make ASSumptions about WHAT I say.

I am waiting for a link by Hyndara71. If there isn't a link then YOU can call them a liar. I just believed what they said.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I don't start rumors!

I read this: by Hyndara71

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78835-Will-there-be-a-season-6/page10

Unlike YOU, I don't think people are liars. I tend to take them at their word.

YOU don't know me. You don't get to make ASSumptions about WHAT I say.

I am waiting for a link by Hyndara71. If there isn't a link then YOU can call them a liar. I just believed what they said.

I never accused you of being a liar - maybe a little quick to take people at their word who may not be in full posession of the facts & maybe even misrepresenting the truth (sometimes mistaken as lying) but not as a liar, merely a rumour generator.

Although you provided links, neither of those links actually made reference to the statement you made. I would suggest that you physically check the links you provide in future, as making such remarks without evidence can make you wind up looking a dick & can also make the people in question look like dicks (ergo JF, JM, BW etc).

Once you/Hyndara provide link(s) to legitimate source material then I will formerly apologise to both of you for any offence caused.

Kind regards.

Dobbie_Pocket_Lance (also known as Penis)

Edit - On closer inspection of your most recently provided link http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78835-Will-there-be-a-season-6/page10 Hyndara does indeed state that at some point in the past, JM stated that Shepard would not be in a new Atlantis movie (although a link to that original source material is still required for peace of mind). This fact however I am not disputing - but rather that the links you first provided had no reference at all to this exclusion of JF.

As previously stated - I await a link to the source material from JM purely for peace of mind.

S

shanahan may

sadly they think something that didnt even pull 1 million viewers in some episodes will do better pmsl (i meant sgu by the way) bw and joseph mallozzi are egotistical bastards.

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
Okay here is a link talking about the turn over rate on Atlantis:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...s-in-worlds-best-dog-dad-and-a-mucho-mailbag/

This also from Hyndara71

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?78835-Will-there-be-a-season-6/page12

So lesson learned! I will read and report, with link next time.. END OF STORY!

The link I posted about no more movie had no mention of there being no Sheppard....your right.

I never said it did.

Now seeing as there is no movie...dosen't really matter now huh.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
They never planned a movie.

It was a ploy to get the fans of SG1 and SGA to watch SGU. They KNEW they would have to hold some kind of a carrot out to get "us" to watch, and so they did.

They figured they would have plausible deniability when the time came to produce a movie, when they could claim they'd done all they could and argued themselves blue in the face, but that MGM refused to finance one.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They never planned a movie.

It was a ploy to get the fans of SG1 and SGA to watch SGU. They KNEW they would have to hold some kind of a carrot out to get "us" to watch, and so they did.

They figured they would have plausible deniability when the time came to produce a movie, when they could claim they'd done all they could and argued themselves blue in the face, but that MGM refused to finance one.

I tend to agree with you on this. If they had actually planned for an SGA movie they would be jumping thru hoops at this point to get it made because it's obvious the gravy train has run out with SGU and an SGA paycheck is better than no paycheck at all. Both Mallozzi and Wright are unemployed right now as the final SGU episodes are finished and in the can so to speak, so it doesn't make sense that if they truly had this SGA card up their sleeve that they wouldn't play it to keep their careers going. Their bluff has been called and now we're seeing that it was all just one big lie to what had been a very loyal fan base.

And any talk of an SGA movie without Sheppard is laughable. It would be a dismal failure. He's arguably the main character and unlike O'neill's character in SG1, he hasn't been "divorced" from the SGA storyline. An SGA movie without him wouldn't work.