SG-1 movie would have revealed the Stargate

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That was a nice point of SGA actually. They came to the conclusion that while highly intelligent the Ancients may have been, wise on a consistent basis they were not.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG I really like some of that!

They could just do a new show. Set it on an outpost created by Earth as they explore a galaxy further away than Pegasus. In fact the whole show could be about humans trying to live up to their title as the '5th race' by exploring, learning and interacting with the Universe. It would be an easy way to include past characters as part of the show as well. Wouldn't interfere with the canon of Atlantis, Universe or SG1 either. It wouldn't really be Deep Space Nine or B5 either since exploration rather than politics would be key.

:joy:

I really like that idea! What I like even better would be to use your outpost idea, but have them find a DIFFERENT city ship (different design if it would facilitate more use of green screen and CGI for sets). I like the idea of exploring the 5th race (us) and then fleshing out how and why humans were the 5th race. Perhaps we could FINALLY see the Furlings. :)

[strike]My other idea would have been to mix all three shows into a miniseries. First act takes place on Destiny, with a new team sent there three years after the finale.[/strike] Stuff happens, we move to the endgame of SGU and the big reveal means big things across the entire Universe (think super powerful race or something).
:icon_eek: :icon_neutral:

Act 2 moves the action to Atlantis/Earth (not in the same place) where the team [strike]plus surviving Universe cast[/strike] return and preparations are made to deal with this incident. Act 3 is the big finale mixing parts of [strike]all three[/strike] BOTH shows.
:) :beckettu:

Either way the show would be called Stargate: Legacy. [Note: Wish Tron hadn't put a sour taste on the name].
I really like that title! Not a bad idea...only there are only TWO real Stargate shows (snicker) ;) :P

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Didn't think you'd enjoy the second idea :icon_razz:. My thinking was that by moving it to the final part of SGU there'd be less drama and more action/payoff though; the introduction of a few new people gives those who aren't fans an entry point. If your going to create a big threat why not have it arise from a massive loose end in the canon.

But anyway that was kind of a pipedream, the first idea with the outpost is something I could actually see them doing.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Didn't think you'd enjoy the second idea :icon_razz:. My thinking was that by moving it to the final part of SGU there'd be less drama and more action/payoff though; the introduction of a few new people gives those who aren't fans an entry point. If your going to create a big threat why not have it arise from a massive loose end in the canon.

But anyway that was kind of a pipedream, the first idea with the outpost is something I could actually see them doing.

I love the idea of SG program going further out into the universe to explore. It also opens the possibility to not have a single nemesis, which does get tiring season after season.