SG-1 movie would have revealed the Stargate

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/05/sg-1-movie-would-have-revealed-the-stargate/

Oh god why would you want to reveal to the world??? That ruins the whole feel of it IMO.

This chatter he is throwing out there is moot. I think its to drive traffic to Gateworld and nothing more. The Stargate franchise of Brad Wright is dead because of the cancellation of Stargate Universe, which means there will be no SG-1 movie, no Atlantis movie, and probably no more Stargate based in our familiar canon. Im not sure how this would have worked, revealing the stargate to the world...there is no way it could be workable (portrayed on TV). I agree with you, it would have ruined the whole feel of the show.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
This chatter he is throwing out there is moot. I think its to drive traffic to Gateworld and nothing more. The Stargate franchise of Brad Wright is dead because of the cancellation of Stargate Universe, which means there will be no SG-1 movie, no Atlantis movie, and probably no more Stargate based in our familiar canon. Im not sure how this would have worked, revealing the stargate to the world...there is no way it could be workable (portrayed on TV). I agree with you, it would have ruined the whole feel of the show.

True, that's very true :(

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Mallozzi said that, even after those shows’ sets were taken down and key pieces auctioned off, he still held out hope that Revolution and the Atlantis movie (titled Stargate: Extinction) might still be made. (Wright announced last month that both were effectively shelved for good.)
It's funny how JM said this and then brad wrong goes and tries to say oh I am going to mix the 3 franchises together...:roll:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
As much as I would love the movies, a large part of me is glad they can't mess it up anymore.

Yep I find I am RELIEVED tptw can't ruin the sg1 and sga movies! :P yeah that is what I ahve long worried they would do! :P

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
This is all basically "see how you're being punished because enough of you fans of the other shows didn't watch SGU?".

It's a moot point and has no basis in reality, as I doubt any more movies will be made.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This

This is all basically "see how you're being punished because enough of you fans of the other shows didn't watch SGU?".

It's a moot point and has no basis in reality, as I doubt any more movies will be made.

Exactly. It's all just nonsense being spewed from people who know the party is over but they still don't want to leave yet.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Joe said he's post info on what the movies were about and he has. I don't see the big deal here, I'm interested to see where they would have taken it.

In fact I'd be far more interested if they compiled this stuff into a book. Thoughts on the franchise past, present and potential future. There's a load of interesting stuff in Joe's blog alone so it would be really interesting to get loads of people involved.

MGM - get on that while we wait for you to do something other than refinance yourself.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Joe said he's post info on what the movies were about and he has. I don't see the big deal here, I'm interested to see where they would have taken it.

In fact I'd be far more interested if they compiled this stuff into a book. Thoughts on the franchise past, present and potential future. There's a load of interesting stuff in Joe's blog alone so it would be really interesting to get loads of people involved.

MGM - get on that while we wait for you to do something other than refinance yourself.

As much as I want more gate, methinks MGM is gonna be a bit gunshy over SG for a few years :(
I think they will really reaserch the crap out of any idea or showrunner who wants to take up the concept this time around.

G

Graybrew1

As much as I want more gate, methinks MGM is gonna be a bit gunshy over SG for a few years :(
I think they will really reaserch the crap out of any idea or showrunner who wants to take up the concept this time around.

I knda hope they do, don't you? I would not want another mess like this to ever happen again! :facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I agree with GB. I think a little caution going into the next Stargate incarnation is a good thing. Using SG-1/SGA/SGU as a template of both what went right and what went wrong will actually be helpful in the long run.

Ideally, for me, it would be great if they were able to do a reboot along the lines of JJ Abrams Star Trek. I'm sure some people might disagree but I think he revitalized the Star Trek concept and it would be really cool if someone was able to do the same thing for Stargate. I'm not ruling out Devlin and the others involved with the original movie I might add.

In short, I'm actually optimistic about Stargate at this point. Yes it needs to rest a bit but with someone new at the helm in the future it could turn out really good.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I knda hope they do, don't you? I would not want another mess like this to ever happen again! :facepalm:

No, I don't want a repeat of this, but I don't want good idea's to go to hell simply because they are too scared to try them and this can be just as bad as going off "half-cocked"

G

Graybrew1

No, I don't want a repeat of this, but I don't want good idea's to go to hell simply because they are too scared to try them and this can be just as bad as going off "half-cocked"

Yes, Okay I can agree to that. level headed GF. LOL

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I mean, sitting back and OBJECTIVELY looking at SGU, there were some fine ideas in there, and the "Darker tone" was fine imo, but the execution, timing, pacing, PR et al were just stupid. Alot of people have spoken very highly of the last 10 eps of SGU, hell, we even had people "convert" to the SGU cause, but really, how much better were they? Sure they picked up pace, but as noted elsewhere, that to me seems to be an artifact of smashing storylines togeather to make the series "appear" faster. More action? sure, but that detracts from the original slower premise that the series started with. (hence you now have SGU stalwarts proclaiming S1 the best and S2 was going down for being more SG1/SGA in format.)

A silly waste of some good ideas :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I agree with GB. I think a little caution going into the next Stargate incarnation is a good thing. Using SG-1/SGA/SGU as a template of both what went right and what went wrong will actually be helpful in the long run.

Ideally, for me, it would be great if they were able to do a reboot along the lines of JJ Abrams Star Trek. I'm sure some people might disagree but I think he revitalized the Star Trek concept and it would be really cool if someone was able to do the same thing for Stargate. I'm not ruling out Devlin and the others involved with the original movie I might add.

In short, I'm actually optimistic about Stargate at this point. Yes it needs to rest a bit but with someone new at the helm in the future it could turn out really good.

Oh, I'm not "down" on SG, far from it, I just don't want good idea's to go to waste because of MGM being too gunshy.

G

Graybrew1

I mean, sitting back and OBJECTIVELY looking at SGU, there were some fine ideas in there, and the "Darker tone" was fine imo, but the execution, timing, pacing, PR et al were just stupid. Alot of people have spoken very highly of the last 10 eps of SGU, hell, we even had people "convert" to the SGU cause, but really, how much better were they? Sure they picked up pace, but as noted elsewhere, that to me seems to be an artifact of smashing storylines togeather to make the series "appear" faster. More action? sure, but that detracts from the original slower premise that the series started with. (hence you now have SGU stalwarts proclaiming S1 the best and S2 was going down for being more SG1/SGA in format.)

A silly waste of some good ideas :(

You know my outlook on this. I was looking very much forward to the idea of a additional SG that would lead us into the next set of shows for the future. I continually defended the show right up until Hope. I was really looking forward into finding out more about the Ancients and Destiny in general. I had hoped for the addition of many new various alien species both friend and foe with all the cool gadgets and special effects that go along with that. I guess after Hope I got tired of waiting for the writing to get better, and realized that the show might not be redeemable anymore.

I still consider SGU to be canon to SG. I know a lot don't , I do. The idea of a movie with the three series to me would be something that would have to be handled by the likes of a James Cameron quality. Maybe HE could make it worth. I try to never say never, so I am trying to keep an open mind about it. But the series as it ended was a huge disappointment to me.