Sanctuary Ratings Discussion

B

Backstep

All alone? It could have SD as a lead-in again, and on Mon it has/had no lead-in. If the show is left on Mon in the fall, when all the bigger shows come back, then it'll be downhill for the ratings again. :( At this point, no one I know still thinks leaving it on Mon is a good idea, because it's not.

Calling SD a lead in is referring that most of SD viewers stayed to watch Sanctuary, is that the case? Did the numbers confirm that? Rocky i'm not ragging on you, it's i just don't believe syfy will move Friday night Smack Down to another night, that doesn't leave Sanctuary to have a scifi/fantasy lead in.

WWE Smackdown (SYFY, 120 minutes)
- 2.982 million viewers
- 1.8/3 HH
- 0.9/3 A18-49
Sanctuary (SYFY)
- 1.217 million viewers
- 0.9/1 HH
- 0.4/1 A18-49

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Calling SD a lead in is referring that most of SD viewers stayed to watch Sanctuary, is that the case? Did the numbers confirm that? Rocky i'm not ragging on you, it's i just don't believe syfy will move Friday night Smack Down to another night, that doesn't leave Sanctuary to have a scifi/fantasy lead in.

- 2.982 million viewers
- 1.8/3 HH
- 0.9/3 A18-49
Sanctuary (SYFY)
- 1.217 million viewers
- 0.9/1 HH
- 0.4/1 A18-49

If they continue the relationship between the WWE and Sanctuary, It could be good for sanctuary to be on fridays after SD.

B

Backstep

If they continue the relationship between the WWE and Sanctuary, It could be good for sanctuary to be on fridays after SD.

If syfy does continue the relationship with the WWE for Friday night smack down, then Sanctuary after, as in the past (speaking for myself only) I usually missed watching Sanctuary live, if i get involved in a movie, I'm not changing the channel in the middle of the movie. If the movie ends after 10, I won't watch a show i missed the first 15-30 minutes of then need find it running again to watch what i missed.

I believe it's still to early for syfy to announce the fall line up, we will deffently see then if Sanctuary goes back to Friday or Monday and what it's lead in will be.

Rocky89

GateFans Noob
The later monday slot seems to be ok for it
What is the lineup on monday nights in the states in the fall?

I have no idea, I live in Canada, but that's a good question, you ask on GW.

- 2.982 million viewers
- 1.8/3 HH
- 0.9/3 A18-49
Sanctuary (SYFY)
- 1.217 million viewers
- 0.9/1 HH
- 0.4/1 A18-49

If syfy does continue the relationship with the WWE for Friday night smack down, then Sanctuary after, as in the past (speaking for myself only) I usually missed watching Sanctuary live, if i get involved in a movie, I'm not changing the channel in the middle of the movie. If the movie ends after 10, I won't watch a show i missed the first 15-30 minutes of then need find it running again to watch what i missed.

I believe it's still to early for syfy to announce the fall line up, we will deffently see then if Sanctuary goes back to Friday or Monday and what it's lead in will be.

That's the thing, I don't want SD on another night, it can go ahead a stay on Fri, I have no problem with that, I just want Sanctuary paired with it again, because they did well together. Check out these ratings for the S3 eps up until they moved to Mon, and I got them from GW, posted by Rox.

17-Oct-10...No data..1,787,000
24-Oct-10 1,218,000..1,380,000..+13.3
31-Oct-10 1,286,000..1,479,000..+15.0
07-Nov-10 1,042,000..1,257,000..+20.6
14-Nov-10 1,043,000..1,574,000..+50.9
21-Nov-10 1,061,000..1,259,000..+18.7
28-Nov-10 1,192,000..1,483,000..+24.4
05-Dec-10 1,099,000..1,472,000..+33.9
12-Dec-10 1,471,000..1,410,000...-4.1
19-Dec-10 1,324,000..1,474,000..+11.3
17-Apr-11 1,098,000..1,217,000..+10.8
24-Apr-11 1,069,000..1,424,000..+33.2

Someone said somewhere that one thing that works for Sanctuary is that it's not as expensive. SGU and Caprica cost Syfy a LOT of money, and they weren't bringing in good ratings. Syfy was loosing more than they were gaining with them, whereas Sanctuary funds itself mostly.

When Darren wrote with no competition on Mon, the ratings rebound, it's exactly that. The show had competition on Fri, in the fall, and it always did good. Again, as a little annoyed I am about Eureka and W13, Syfy will ONLY be able to redeem themselves to me by putting it back on Fri. That's it. The show deserves every chance to succeed, and Fri is one of them it has for over 3 years. IMO, SD was a good lead-in, because it's a "Syfy" show, it's not "sci-fi" but it's a Syfy show, and Sanctuary deserves better than what it got on Mon.

Rocky89

GateFans Noob
From MediaSavant-

Ratings are in for last night's finale:

Total viewers: 1.283 million
HH Rating: 0.8
A18-49 Rating: 0.4
Median Age: 49.6

Now can we get it moved back to Fri? :p

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Are you talking abour UL or Sanctuary? :p

Whoa, whoa, Briangate is also a member here? AWESOME! :D
He is since we started a few months ago. Only Briangate hasn't shown up very often lately and when he did he posted mainly in the closed section of this forum (Area 51). I just checked at Syfy and he hasn't logged in even there for a couple of days now. So he's probably taking care of stuff in RL instead of spending time online...
Hopefully he'll come back soon and start posting on this ratings thread. I miss his insights and humor!

Rocky89

GateFans Noob
He is since we started a few months ago. Only Briangate hasn't shown up very often lately and when he did he posted mainly in the closed section of this forum (Area 51). I just checked at Syfy and he hasn't logged in even there for a couple of days now. So he's probably taking care of stuff in RL instead of spending time online...
Hopefully he'll come back soon and start posting on this ratings thread. I miss his insights and humor!

He was on GW like last week, but we haven't seen him around since. I hope he'll be back soon, because his insights were always good to read. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

Let me do everyone a favour and place this reminder that we have this entire thread here that's perfectly suitable for discussing the ratings from Sanctuary. :)

B

Backstep

Found this on TVBTN, it explains the rating system, how only SD+3 only matter in the fate of a show.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...atings-and-your-favorite-shows-future/108263/

Do not fall for the network PR Jedi Mind Tricks trying to convince you that the incremental ratings added between Live + Same Day and Live+7 day ratings matter to the future of your show (or the revenue of the network). They don't!
Those Live+7 day ratings may be interesting for all sorts of analysis on viewership and behavior, and of course are helpful for press release writers, but the additional DVR viewing after the "Same Day" period doesn't make the network any more money or "help" any shows.

THX1138

GateFans Member
Found this on TVBTN, it explains the rating system, how only SD+3 only matter in the fate of a show.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...atings-and-your-favorite-shows-future/108263/

Do not fall for the network PR Jedi Mind Tricks trying to convince you that the incremental ratings added between Live + Same Day and Live+7 day ratings matter to the future of your show (or the revenue of the network). They don't!
Those Live+7 day ratings may be interesting for all sorts of analysis on viewership and behavior, and of course are helpful for press release writers, but the additional DVR viewing after the "Same Day" period doesn't make the network any more money or "help" any shows.

Actually it's the C3 that counts because that is what the networks and advertisers negotiate on.

C3 = Live + 3days of dvr ADS watched (any ad skippers in the DVR numbers are not counted)

Also, generally, the C3 numbers tend to be fairly similar to the Live + SD numbers. Although exceptions have been known to occur. Unfortunately we will never know the C3 numbers.

B

Backstep

Actually it's the C3 that counts because that is what the networks and advertisers negotiate on.

C3 = Live + 3days of dvr ADS watched (any ad skippers in the DVR numbers are not counted)

Also, generally, the C3 numbers tend to be fairly similar to the Live + SD numbers. Although exceptions have been known to occur. Unfortunately we will never know the C3 numbers.

The only true difference between SD+3 and C+3 numbers is the breakdown. The C+3 has a better age demographic breakdown and the to the minute viewer numbers, plus more.

THX1138

GateFans Member
The only true difference between SD+3 and C+3 numbers is the breakdown. The C+3 has a better age demographic breakdown and the to the minute viewer numbers, plus more.

The breakdown?? Those figures are available across the board.

The bottom line is that the only numbers that count are the C3 because that is what the networks and advertisers use to negotiate.