Sanctuary Ratings Discussion

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
nope sgu was a "new" show and didn't have an already established audience following it. Sanctuary has been around several years and the fans have followed it. sgu was bleeding fans from the start. I still don't beleive it should have been given the second season from the start. :P

Since SGU carried the Stargate moniker it shouldn't have been given a first season until it had been properly vetted. Giving it two seasons sight-unseen was insane. Sanctuary is a whole different animal from start to finish. The ratings issues both series had aren't because of the same thing, as you state. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
One thing I never liked about the move was that it was too fast, within, like, 3 days of it's last episode on Fri, and with little promotion. For about 3 weeks now, the ratings for UL haven't been out, which I wish they were so we could see them.

I want the show back on Fri, it always did good there, it's the shows home, and it's easier for a lot of people I know to watch it on Fri, than on Mon. Does anyone know the ratings for UL? I mean if it gets canned, or whenever the season ends, I WANT Syfy to put Sanc back where it belongs in the fall. WITH a proper lead in.

Urban Legends finale was on 5/23 I think. No idea if it is coming back.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It was a joke, based on reasons why SGU failed to succeed :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Solar flares as a reason for why something works or doesn't? Bah! That's hokum! Now, if we're talkin' about choking a chicken or two, well, that's been known to work -- or at least make things more pleasant. ;)

G

Graybrew1

Solar flares as a reason for why something works or doesn't? Bah! That's hokum! Now, if we're talkin' about choking a chicken or two, well, that's been known to work -- or at least make things more pleasant. ;)

Did you just say what I think you did? :eek:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The joke was missing some emoticons to let you know it was one. LOL. :icon_lol:

Ahhhh...I am still working on this humor aspect....:icon_e_wink:

S

Stonelesscutter

Solar flares are ********.
Gamma ray bursts, that's what it's all about. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Solar flares are ********.
Gamma ray bursts, that's what it's all about. :)

I think if we get hit with a gamma ray burst the ratings will be a big goose egg. :D