Renewal and Cancellation news

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
All I can say is: WHY?

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/nbc-sean-saves-world-gets-order-five-more-003948915.html

NBC’s ‘Sean Saves The World’ Gets Order For Five More Episodes

NBC has given a Back 5 order to Sean Saves The World, bringing the first season of the multi-camera comedy starring Sean Hayes to 18 episodes. The move comes as Sean Saves The World posted a 28% ratings gain last night to match a series high (1.4 in adults 18-49) with an original Voice as a lead-in. NBC previously had ordered four additional scripts from the show, created by Victor Fresco. Fresco, Hayes and Todd Milliner executive produce for Hazy Mills and Universal TV. Megan Hilty, Thomas Lennon,Samantha Isler and Linda Lavin co-star. Of NBC’s three freshman comedies to launch this fall, The Michael J. Fox had a 22-episode order from the get-go, Sean Saves The Worldhas received a back order, while Welcome To The Family has been cancelled. Sean joins breakout freshman drama The Blacklist, which also has received a back order, a full-season 22-episode pickup.

I'm sorry but this is a shit show no matter how you slice it. It's not remotely funny in the least. NBC seems to be trying to milk Sean Hayes' schtick as "Jack" from the inane Will & Grace which died out years ago, thank God! Personally I'm sick and tired of NBC exploiting the gay thing and turning all of us into cartoon characters. What's worse is that NBC has a history of claiming that characters are gay but never showing it. I don't mean graphic sex but rather, the simple mundane parts of gay relationships. They do have a history of making gay characters wise-cracking clowns though. :rolleyes:

So anyway, this show is a diseased lump of shit that isn't funny and needs to be flushed. Whoever was dumb enough to order more episodes of this turd deserves to get virulent, raging ass cancer.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
All I can say is: WHY?

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/nbc-sean-saves-world-gets-order-five-more-003948915.html

NBC’s ‘Sean Saves The World’ Gets Order For Five More Episodes

NBC has given a Back 5 order to Sean Saves The World, bringing the first season of the multi-camera comedy starring Sean Hayes to 18 episodes. The move comes as Sean Saves The World posted a 28% ratings gain last night to match a series high (1.4 in adults 18-49) with an original Voice as a lead-in. NBC previously had ordered four additional scripts from the show, created by Victor Fresco. Fresco, Hayes and Todd Milliner executive produce for Hazy Mills and Universal TV. Megan Hilty, Thomas Lennon,Samantha Isler and Linda Lavin co-star. Of NBC’s three freshman comedies to launch this fall, The Michael J. Fox had a 22-episode order from the get-go, Sean Saves The Worldhas received a back order, while Welcome To The Family has been cancelled. Sean joins breakout freshman drama The Blacklist, which also has received a back order, a full-season 22-episode pickup.

I'm sorry but this is a shit show no matter how you slice it. It's not remotely funny in the least. NBC seems to be trying to milk Sean Hayes' schtick as "Jack" from the inane Will & Grace which died out years ago, thank God! Personally I'm sick and tired of NBC exploiting the gay thing and turning all of us into cartoon characters. What's worse is that NBC has a history of claiming that characters are gay but never showing it. I don't mean graphic sex but rather, the simple mundane parts of gay relationships. They do have a history of making gay characters wise-cracking clowns though. :rolleyes:

So anyway, this show is a diseased lump of shit that isn't funny and needs to be flushed. Whoever was dumb enough to order more episodes of this turd deserves to get virulent, raging ass cancer.

Hey, welcome to the club. :) Blaxploitation has officially given way to Gaysploitation. They have already played out the strong female feminist thing with Xena, Wonder Woman, Bionic Woman, Cagney & Lacey, etc. Now, it is gays. I find it really odd that some of the "gay" characters being played on TV are actually straight. They cant find enough gays to play these parts?

poundpuppy29

Scifi & Fantasy Junkie

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well thankfully Sean Saves the World has been axed. How it even made it this far is beyond me. No doubt Sean Hayes had a development deal in his contract from when he was on Will & Grace (a shit show if ever there was one). Now maybe NBC will replace this one with something worth watching -- but I won't hold my breath.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well thankfully Sean Saves the World has been axed. How it even made it this far is beyond me. No doubt Sean Hayes had a development deal in his contract from when he was on Will & Grace (a shit show if ever there was one). Now maybe NBC will replace this one with something worth watching -- but I won't hold my breath.
At least, as one of the owners of "Grimm", he's still got income from something fresh. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
At least, as one of the owners of "Grimm", he's still got income from something fresh. :)

Yes, smart move to diversify and produce other things, I agree. My problem isn't so much with Sean Hayes the person, but rather, the gay cartoon characters that he plays as an actor.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yes, smart move to diversify and produce other things, I agree. My problem isn't so much with Sean Hayes the person, but rather, the gay cartoon characters that he plays as an actor.
I've met a few "real life" cartoon characters from the Los Angeles gay community. People who would make his characters seem demure.

Really.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've met a few "real life" cartoon characters from the Los Angeles gay community. People who would make his characters seem demure.

Really.

Oh I'm sure those people are out there. And I'm fine with them living their lives however they see fit. But with Sean Hayes, the characters he plays become caricatures and eventually they become tedious and annoying.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Oh I'm sure those people are out there. And I'm fine with them living their lives however they see fit. But with Sean Hayes, the characters he plays become caricatures and eventually they become tedious and annoying.

John Inman said that some gays would complain about his portrayal of Mr. Humphries, but he knew of some fellow gays that made Mr. Humphries seem sedate.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Well, they are bringing back heroes. Can't say I am excited. I was never a fan.
NBC is re-engaging the “Heroes” team, ordering 13 episodes of an event miniseries to air next year with series creator Tim Kring at the helm.

NBC teased the plan to revive the franchise with a promo spot that aired during Saturday’s telecast of Olympics coverage.

The brief spot featured a fade-in on the “Heroes” logo with the word “Reborn” added along with “Coming 2015.”

There had been rumors last year that the Peacock was looking to revive the mystery-fantasy drama that aired from 2006-2010. Kring is set to exec produce 13 new episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56839773/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Guessing they're trying to cash in on the comic book extravaganza.

:facepalm: Marvel/Disney has that locked down. What a waste...they can bring back Heroes, but not Firefly?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm heartily disappointed by this lazy-ass attitude of the networks (all of the buggers) to simply bring back or "re-imagine" old, successful shows.

Are there no creative souls left in the Industry?

Ye gods!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Guessing they're trying to cash in on the comic book extravaganza.

It says nothing about the actors or who the characters would be. Keep in mind some of those original actors now command larger paychecks. But, if it's a mini series it might be worth it to produce simply as a monetary investment because obviously people will tune in, cynical as that is (and it is cynicall). But will they tune in for long??? Personally I think 13 episodes is stupid and I can tell you right now I won't sit thru them all. I learned my lesson on that last Torchwood series. Talk about a turd slowly working its way down a pipe 10 episodes too long, oy! :rolleyes:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
There are actors from it who will be hungry to be in it, as they currently have no other work, but there are others who are happy to be away from it and who won't come back.

Masi Oka is in a series on another network entirely, so I seriously doubt that Hiro will be back. "The Cheerleader" is on another show as well, so...

But the cop and others like him need money right now, I'm thinking, and they're probably already working hard to ingratiate themselves with the producers of the revived one.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The producers will probably blanch at the salary request of Zachary Quinto. So that means "Sylar" will be a no show probably, and from what I remember about Heroes is that they milked the crap out of that character. (Personally I hate bad guys that never die, ugh!) As it is though that character was woven pretty deep into the story (and even became another character in this weird way -- hard to explain).

So I won't be holding my breath on this one, especially if "Hiro" isn't in it as he was a good character that made the show worth watching.