Renewal and Cancellation news

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ESA -- Curious here about FOX's The New Normal. Last I heard it was on the bubble but I suspect it got the axe. Let me know if you hear anything.

Oddly enough I just saw a promo for Primeval: New World. SyFy is running it in June. How weird to watch a show that has already been axed. I'll give it a try though. It has Andrew Lee Potts from the British original, and he's always good. It does have that boring guy from Eureka in it though, the one who played Jo's boyfriend. I know some people think he's handsome but really he has all the appeal of a bowl of melted vanilla ice cream. Even with beer goggles on I'd be hard pressed to bring him home at bar closing time.

yeah but if you watch P:NW you may like it and want more with no hope of getting it. Like some suffered with OUTCASTS.

I wonder how much SYFY paid for it? $.99?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
yeah but if you watch P:NW you may like it and want more with no hope of getting it. Like some suffered with OUTCASTS.

I wonder how much SYFY paid for it? $.99?

That's SyFy for ya, cheap and cowardly to the bitter end.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I know. I'm just being facetious. :icon_lol:

Silly fanboi, you probably got that show already DVR'd even though it has yet to be produced. :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Silly fanboi, you probably got that show already DVR'd even though it has yet to be produced. :P

If my DVR had that kind of power over space and time, I'd be recording the damned lottery drawings. :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
If my DVR had that kind of power over space and time, I'd be recording the damned lottery drawings. :icon_lol:

It doesn't do the lottery. It's a magical DVR for a magical show. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm not surprised that W13 is going off. Really the stories were starting to get a little repetitive and adding Jinks really did nothing - the center of the show was always Pete and Myka. At least they get to wrap it up properly.

Bluce Ree

I'm not surprised that W13 is going off. Really the stories were starting to get a little repetitive and adding Jinks really did nothing - the center of the show was always Pete and Myka. At least they get to wrap it up properly.

Friday the 13th: The Series.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Friday the 13th: The Series.

Sorry. W13 is FAR superior to Friday the 13th: the Series. It actually has good actors in the leads with chemistry together and also mostly knows to inject a healthy dollop of humor in the stories (at least until the last season when they got too dark).

Bluce Ree

Sorry. W13 is FAR superior to Friday the 13th: the Series. It actually has good actors in the leads with chemistry together and also mostly knows to inject a healthy dollop of humor in the stories (at least until the last season when they got too dark).

I'm not comparing the quality, acting or story writing. However, the concept is the same.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Doesn't surprise me that WH13 is getting the axe. I found it odd that it was over-hyped as being such a big hit for SyFy only a season and a half ago as I find the show rather insipid and just "meh". It always seemed like they were trying to get the engine of this show running but never managed to get it to turn over, let alone get up to speed.

And wise cracks and sarcasm only gets you so far but this show relies far too heavily on that dynamic between characters. They make Pete out to be a cartoon character, that's how extreme they've gotten with the writing of wise cracks and stupid behavior. It's gone from being cute to being lame.

I don't hate the show, rather, I just am bored by it. It's not exciting or memorable. The characters are uninteresting and dumb. Suffice to say I won't be signing any petitions to get it renewed any time soon. ;)

Bluce Ree

Doesn't surprise me that WH13 is getting the axe. I found it odd that it was over-hyped as being such a big hit for SyFy only a season and a half ago as I find the show rather insipid and just "meh". It always seemed like they were trying trying trying to get the engine of this show running but never managed to get it to turn over, let alone get up to speed.

And wise cracks and sarcasm only gets you so far but this show relies far too heavily on that dynamic between characters. They make Pete out to be a cartoon character, that's how extreme they've gotten with the writing of wise cracks and stupid behavior on his part. It's gone from being cute to being lame.

I don't hate the show, rather, I just am bored by it. It's not exciting or memorable. The characters are uninteresting and dumb. Suffice to say I won't be signing any petitions to get it renewed any time soon. ;)

The premise is nothing more than a polished, rehashed "Friday the 13th: The Series". That's what kept me from enjoying this show. I have caught maybe 6 or 7 episodes its entire run and could not get past the "reimagined" perception I had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Series

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The premise is nothing more than a polished, rehashed "Friday the 13th: The Series". That's what kept me from enjoying this show. I have caught maybe 6 or 7 episodes its entire run and could not get past the "reimagined" perception I had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Series

Yeah, I remember Friday the 13th the Series. It was darker than WH13, but that might be why it worked so well compared to WH13. F13 was far less cartoonish and buffoonish. There was always a sense of real peril for the characters in that show. But with WH13 there is no such concern for the characters. Even when they killed off Leyla in WH13 no one cared (the viewers I mean). Why would anyone feel concern for the death of cartoon characters?

poundpuppy29

Scifi & Fantasy Junkie
can't wait for the 3rd season of Once Upon a Time

poundpuppy29

Scifi & Fantasy Junkie
I am looking forward to S.H.E.I.L.D. hope it is good

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" pilot they showed at SDComicCon this year was just awesome. I can't wait to see it again. LOL