Real music

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just heard this in a taxi on the way home. Something about it just grabbed me, so I googled it when I got home. Looked him up on Wikipedia. Sad to see he died at the age of 33 in an airplane fire.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow. I have a Russian friend, who took me to listen to an all-male Russian choir. When he invited me, I was not excited and I only accepted out of courtesy since he has never invited me anywhere before. But WOW. I was unprepared for what I was going to experience. The very first number was the song in the video below. I think hearing it in person had a much deeper impact, as I was literally moved to tears on more than one occasion during the recital. That does not happen often for me. But I feel music very deeply, especially when it is performed in person.

The choir I saw did this one too:

There were shivers going down my back at certain points. I don't think I have heard such rich bass notes in a choir before. I was deeply affected by it. Just wow.

Last edited:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Currently I am indulging in my love of cowboys - Loving my Trace Adkins collection. He has a gorgeous bass voice (like Mr. Rac's) and I love his music. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Does Guardians of the Galaxy count as a musical?

I guess not. Awesome soundtrack though.

Hubby loves the soundtrack of guardians of the galaxy! He's big into 80's & early 90's music (and 70's too).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Scott Grimes can sing his ass off. After seeing him singing on The Orville, I became curious about his singing background. I found that he has been singing since Age 11, and he has an AWESOME singing voice. This is him before The Orville. A singing voice like this never needs autotune. A real talent.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
@Lord Ba'al @Overmind One - Still rate oblivion the most imersive game I have ever played. I totally got lost in it and the music really did made it even more special. Gorgeous game. Much better than Skyrim which was terrible.

It is supposedly coming to VR as well. :) Beautiful music.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Any metal fans?

Haiduk

Not bad. Is that considered speedmetal? I played a shooter game while listening to that vid. :) Oh, and WELCOME to GateFans!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Any metal fans?

Haiduk

cookie monster is so 1990's :)

musical part is good though. always makes me wonder, all of these metal bands who seem to be great musicians but they just cant sing, if they only had a singer...

this kind of metal is more my speed

listen to any Volbeat?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Mongol tradition meets western metal style = "Orc music" :)

it does have a certain catch to it though. they toured the US last year I think