Real music

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's nice. Sort of the same for me. It sounds like a score for a movie. I'm not getting an emotional vibe from it though.

This is a good way to put it. It's tonally perfect, and the harmony is standard and computational, but it is somehow soulless. The first video is more flowing and expressive IMO.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I don't completely disagree, as I said, Beyonce has a voice, I just don't think it's very strong or that impressive. Miley Cyrus on the other hand has no voice. None. Everything we hear from her is modified and autotuned, even the so-called "live" stuff. If you listen to her speaking voice and compare it to her singing voice it's shocking. She has the speaking voice of a cigarette smoking old woman. But her singing voice is high and light and sweet. It doesn't resemble her real voice at all. (I once saw Miley sing a duet with Sheryl Crow and I suspect it was impromptu because Miley's voice wasn't modified thru the PA system and she sounded horrible. Her voice was rough and raspy. I wish I could find a video of it because it really proved she's fake.)

BTW, I was surprised to discover that Lady Gaga does have some pipes. She can actually belt it out acapella if she has to, go figure.

Same here. She did some Christmas songs a few years ago..amazing! then she did the sound of music...wow she was good. )(not Julie Andrews but then no one else is! ;) )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Same here. She did some Christmas songs a few years ago..amazing! then she did the sound of music...wow she was good. )(not Julie Andrews but then no one else is! ;) )

I have been listening to her music a little today, and you are right! The girl does have some pipes. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I admit I still love Barbra Streisand music (even though I can't stand her politics) she's got pipes!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I admit I still love Barbra Streisand music (even though I can't stand her politics) she's got pipes!

I like Barbra's singing only when I can see her singing whatever she is singing (like in movies). I have nothing of hers in my music collection, but I do like her stuff. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I have her Guilty album and then the remake of it...among others. I own the movies: Hello Dolly, Funny Girl, Funny Woman, Yentl, the way we were, and what's up doc. I admit to just loving her voice. She did an album a few years after she married James Brolin (drool....:anim_40:) that is called "A love like ours"...love it!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have her Guilty album and then the remake of it...among others. I own the movies: Hello Dolly, Funny Girl, Funny Woman, Yentl, the way we were, and what's up doc. I admit to just loving her voice. She did an album a few years after she married James Brolin (drool....:anim_40:) that is called "A love like ours"...love it!

Her voice is most definitely unique. And yeah, those are the movies I am talking about. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You realize that the current wave of people who like this music are mostly bots and people that have been brainwashed to believe that it is music? Music is one thing is that it's honest, down to earth and free from bias and agenda. Oh and not all pop and rap is crap. It's only now that we are being fed rubbish that people call it crap, but like any genre, it can be lovely if it's done right.Someone is controlling the market. Unfortunately we don't have a say or control of when it will happen. Only the people with a lot of power and influence that do and money.

not to forget

all of that old european stuff is the creation of a people from a time when they (white europeans) believed they were the only 'real' humans on the planet and that only European (particularly north western aka 'germanic' -yes that includes france and england) and Protestant cultures were the ones worthy and 'correct'

all other "races" classed and ordered,etc,etc

now

rock, country,rap, they all stem from the heartfelt creations of a oppressed group of ppl and have grown into their various forms

and yes, the newest stuff is pretty much just bad. too much digital reliance, autotune, etc

some of the roots of rock, soul, r&b, country and rap, FAR better then the dead music of stuffy old white supremacists in powdered wigs:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Beyoncé is ok - ever see her in Dreamgirls...she can sing but Jennifer Hudson stole the show (and earned an Oscar to boot) - I LOVE musicals...from the classic Howard Keel in the 50's, to more depressing ones like Les Miserable....I have a very VERY eclectic collection! (anyone ever see best little whore house in Texas? ;) )

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Beyoncé is ok - ever see her in Dreamgirls...she can sing but Jennifer Hudson stole the show (and earned an Oscar to boot) - I LOVE musicals...from the classic Howard Keel in the 50's, to more depressing ones like Les Miserable....I have a very VERY eclectic collection! (anyone ever see best little whore house in Texas? ;) )

I assume you have seen Moulin Rouge?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
it was okay, but like Chicago, it missed!

I have a trademarked rant on Chicago.... :P

Does Guardians of the Galaxy count as a musical?

I guess not. Awesome soundtrack though.