Ratings II

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Thanks for the info! I am one happy Fringe fan. Still don't think it'll get renewed though.

It's close, right now it could go either way. I think the DVR thing is going to help them make a decision in a postive way.

Damn I new i should have called the gardner in sooner to avoid the slurs on my name :P

Oh people are talking about me, was it the good talk or the bad talk? (prays for good)

LOL, it was all good. Someone just said to me on syfy in PM, "Oh yeah I know stclare, he posts on the other site also"

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I see, so it can help because C3 is really important one that we never get to see. Thanks again.

From what I gather as purely a "layman", C3 represents a combination of most of the numbers (live, L+SD,L+7) with some kind of mathematical equation thrown in to work out some median number that represents how many people are watching the ads (which is what they really care about).
But of course I could be wrong....... :P

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
From what I gather as purely a "layman", C3 represents a combination of most of the numbers (live, L+SD,L+7) with some kind of mathematical equation thrown in to work out some median number that represents how many people are watching the ads (which is what they really care about).
But of course I could be wrong....... :P

C3 is what they call a Commercial rating index. They take the live plus the next 3 days of DVR'ing and measure who is watching the commercials or not. Basically when you Fast Forward all of the commercials it will not count. However, if you still capture a second of that commercial it will actually count, believe it or not. This of course if you are a nielsen family.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
keep your eyes covered!

Damn I new i should have called the gardner in sooner to avoid the slurs on my name :P

Oh people are talking about me, was it the good talk or the bad talk? (prays for good)

oh man if stclare starts flashing the forum it's the dog's fault. C'mon pooch, she is obsessed with mckay - of course she's a gal! :P

nemesis- bad talk is always more fun! ;)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
C3 is what they call a Commercial rating index. They take the live plus the next 3 days of DVR'ing and measure who is watching the commercials or not. Basically when you Fast Forward all of the commercials it will not count. However, if you still capture a second of that commercial it will actually count, believe it or not. This of course if you are a nielsen family.
So whereas Live+SD records whether a Nielsen family watches a show, C3 records whether that family in fact watched each commercial (i.e. didn't switch channels)?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So whereas Live+SD records whether a Nielsen family watches a show, C3 records whether that family in fact watched each commercial (i.e. didn't switch channels)?

Yep. Think of any show as the "delivery vector" and the ads as the "payload".

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-the-arena-rise-wizards-of-waverly-more/83372 (thanks ESA for the link)

Couple things,

I'm amazed at the numbers that wrestling is getting on SyFy. Who is watching this stuff?

"Merlin" is holding its own, which is just more proof that episodic shows seem more popular than serialized ones, certainly on SyFy. Give me a beginning, a middle and an end in one hour and I'll be a happy viewer, much like everyone else.

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars", which is a cartoon, is doing well compared to live action shows. Hmm...

As for "Wizards of Waverly Place" I'm still shocked by how well those Disney shows do for ratings. The numbers are gargantuan compared to a lot of the stuff that I watch on cable. It's a shame that certain producers couldn't find a way to tap into the grade school demographic. :D

Just on the Wrestling dude
Last week, the Rock came back to RAW and this week The Undertaker and HHH came back as well. This will push up ratings for the wrestling as people want to see them "in action". Also, Wrestlemaina is on in 6 weeks, which is the Wrestling equivalent of the Superbowl, so I'd say that is also pushing the ratings up as well.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh, that does explain things a bit

Just on the Wrestling dude
Last week, the Rock came back to RAW and this week The Undertaker and HHH came back as well. This will push up ratings for the wrestling as people want to see them "in action". Also, Wrestlemaina is on in 6 weeks, which is the Wrestling equivalent of the Superbowl, so I'd say that is also pushing the ratings up as well.

So Gatefan, can you smell what the Rock is cookin'? :D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So Gatefan, can you smell what the Rock is cookin'? :D

Indeed :D
Love the Rock!!

Before anyone asks, yes I know it's all staged, but thats why it's called "sports entertainment" However, some of the "characters" have far more charisma in one finger than some actors do :P

Here is the clip of The Rock's return to Monday night Raw. If you like the rock but missed it, its worth seeing, if you don't like "that silly wrassling junk", don't waste your time :D

Number 1: In this one The Rock adresses his fans as himself and not "the Rock" and thanks them for all the support his fans have shown him over the course of his movie career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2rdtRg0LM8&feature=related

Number 2: Classic "the Rock" smack-talking. Paying out on the Miz, the ring announcer (Michael Cole) and John Cena. This is the sorta stuff I enjoy, more than the actual wrestling itself :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIcbip5xj4w

Number 3: John Cena's response to The Rock in his own style.

[video=youtube;b1jfaLwrR-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1jfaLwrR-s

I'm not a "hardcore" wrestling fan (thats actually my wife :P), but the actual talent of some of these guys in terms of how to present themselves as a "character" is really quite good. It's actually a pity that most of them, even when given a chance to be in movies, are just used as "Dumb Grunts", cause some of them have got some A grade braincells in thier heads.

Blah, enough derailing :P
(I am however in a better mood after watching those 3 clips again :D)

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Ratings from Australia for Channel 11 Thur 24th Feb - SGU "Time" 160,000

Source : TV Tonight

Up on last week then. Time is supposed to be one of the better episodes from what i gather. im expecying the same kind of number next week then the same drop off that other countries had.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Up on last week then. Time is supposed to be one of the better episodes from what i gather. im expecying the same kind of number next week then the same drop off that other countries had.

I think it will go up as it might bring more viewers in. Of course however, the next ep is "Life" (disco time baby!) so the next 2 weeks should be interesting.........

stclare

I think it will go up as it might bring more viewers in. Of course however, the next ep is "Life" (disco time baby!) so the next 2 weeks should be interesting.........

It will be interesting to see if the Australian ratings copy other country's. The cancellation does not seem to have affected the Aussie ratings. Maybe a sign of the US ratings?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It will be interesting to see if the Australian ratings copy other country's. The cancellation does not seem to have affected the Aussie ratings. Maybe a sign of the US ratings?

Nah, more a function of your "average Aussie" not being bothered to check it out. Scifi Oz is advertising its "double eps" on tuesday night, and I don't really watch "eleven" as most of the "nightime viewing" at my house is determined by the wife, be that TV or watching one or two of the DVD collection. I would say that neither eleven or Scifi are exactly "busting a gut" to get the information "out there" either....... :P

stclare

Nah, more a function of your "average Aussie" not being bothered to check it out. Scifi Oz is advertising its "double eps" on tuesday night, and I don't really watch "eleven" as most of the "nightime viewing" at my house is determined by the wife, be that TV or watching one or two of the DVD collection. I would say that neither eleven or Scifi are exactly "busting a gut" to get the information "out there" either....... :P

:beckettu: a man who lets his wife control the remote, just as it should be :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:beckettu: a man who lets his wife control the remote, just as it should be :P

Hardly, I'm online and see no need to take over the TV and the internet.....:rotflmao:.

Besides, I'm at home with the kids all day, so I do get a chance to watch TV during the day while she's at work. (my boy loves SGA......) Also, it's a side effect of when I was working 5 nights a week as well as taking care of the kids.
Thankfully however, we have similar tastes in tv, so what she chooses would be what I'd choose anyway.