Random Banter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The part I've shown on that image is basically the only part of Gatefans I ever use. Well that and scrolling down a bit. It has all the threads that I haven't read on the right side and the chatbox on the left and all other stuff which could be of importance is available on the menu bar along the top, including notifications. Basically I just navigate using that sidebar. Same on my phone. The only time I use any other part of the site is when I'm looking for a specific sub-forum to create a thread in, which can be a bit of a hassle I must say.

Okay, then I think I can help you there. :) I will have it in place before the day is out.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah the thread indeed moves down in the "New threads" section. That kinda defeats the purpose of a stickying function. If it is a sticky it doesn't seem to work very well. Either that or it's only intended to be stickied in the sub-forum the thread is posted in and it has no bearing on the "New threads" section whatsoever. The problem is I never use the actual forum structure here. It's just so much easier going on the New threads. Thanks for the effort though. :)

The glitch appears to be gone by the way.

Regarding uploading attachments, I must say I have been noticing an issue over the past few weeks. Maybe it was there before that, I'm not sure. When I choose to attach an image, the file upload pop-up remains on my screen after uploading until I click on the close button. Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work. If I remember correctly though in the past it used to automatically disappear. This is not a real issue for me by the way, but I thought I'n notify you. The real problem is that after I close the pop-up box, the buttons for putting the image in the post are not there at all. I mean the ones where you can choose to insert a thumbnail or a full image. They only appear after reloading the page. I'm using Opera now (version 51.0.2830.55 but after restart it will update to version 52.0.2871.40) but I think I noticed this same issue before when I was still using Chrome/Firefox.

BTW, this kind of information is EXTREMELY valuable to me. Without anyone telling me anything about site performance and issues, I don't know when to address them. :) I wish everyone here would tell me the moment they see stuff going wrong!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I can't even see the intermittent fasting thread. Also there are threads I posted in the past that have disappeared....

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Makes me think there is an issue with my profile.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I can't even see the intermittent fasting thread. Also there are threads I posted in the past that have disappeared....

Nothing is gone. Where are you looking? Maybe I need to re-index the threads?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I tried searching and also looking in folders - several threads are not visible to me. for example....

http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/thr...-lake-and-before-the-flood.28061/#post-890691

And I created the topic and it had conversation in it.

Wait...you're right. I cannot find it anywhere, and I cannot see any deletions in the Admin logs or Moderator logs. I did an extended search, and do not see it. Do you have a list of other threads? The more the better as they may indicate a pattern that can be reversed. I have never seen this before.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I was able to give that link because the link was in a different post I can see. I know others are missing as well.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Why, is your husband divorcing you? :icon_rotflmao:

never- after nearly 38 years of marriage we are of one mind...it's a little freaky at times, we DO finish each other's sentences.

My dishwasher started leaking a couple of months ago...so haven't been using it! ;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I found this an interesting read. At least, I remember I found that when I originally read it last year. Came across it again on my Twitter. It's regarding questions at job interviews at Google.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Okay, then I think I can help you there. :) I will have it in place before the day is out.

I guess it didn't quite work out. Or you're on a calender which uses really long days. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I guess it didn't quite work out. Or you're on a calender which uses really long days. :P

I could not do it last night and I literally fell asleep at my desk (at home)!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I could not do it last night and I literally fell asleep at my desk (at home)!

It's alright bro. You just sounded like it would be a simple thing done in a jiffy. I didn't expect it would be, if even at all possible.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Makes me think there is an issue with my profile.

Can you try with different browsers and see if it is happening across them?