Outer Limits 2.0 still holds up today. Great storytelling!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did Star Lost ever conclude? I watched it every Saturday growing up and used to love that show.

I used to watch it too. Alas, only 16 episodes were ever made and the show did not conclude. :( The premise of that show would still hold up today if they redid it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm too cheap to pay for some of this stuff we find on the InterNets. If anybody is looking for something that is dark and dreary why not try taking a peak at the one and only series of "Total Recall: 2077" over on You-Tube.

I have no clue what is available down where you guys live: These are not the best shows out of all the episodes, just my suggestions out of all those that were made, or the ones I can remember that had interesting story lines. Repeat! These were my favourites out of the bunch. Humans making stupid decisions, or sacrificing for the common good. What a concept!

and finally

" 'Do not enter upon or cross this area. Do not touch or remove possibly radioactive dirt or rocks. If you have any knowledge concerning this disappearance, please contact your nearest police department.'

It could have happened to any neighborhood. Had those who lived in this one been less human, less brave, it would have happened to all the neighborhoods of the Earth. Feasibility study ended. Abduction of human race: Infeasible."

I was hoping that they would remake some of the best shows from the original series such as "The Sixth Finger" with David McCallum; or "The Man Who Was Never Born" with Martin Landau. That was not to be. At least we got some interesting shows just the same.

Being lazy I'm going to ignore all the typos and grammar mistakes.

Okay, I didn't think that was going to happen!!!

Look out! The spam police may get you :icon_rotflmao: See what happens when you don't stay around to hear about GF.net improvements? :jaded: :anim_59:

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I used to watch it too. Alas, only 16 episodes were ever made and the show did not conclude. :( The premise of that show would still hold up today if they redid it.

Just caught an episode guest starring Walter Koenig.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

Humminah! Humminah!

We get to see 'plain Jane' .. Alexandra Bastedo .. in some of these scenes. I will try and modulate my typing by saying if my memory serves me right, she was absolutely 'hot' in the Sci-Fi series "The Champions" several years earlier.

Further on in the day....

I think we have a little bit of synchronicity going on here as SyFy is getting into the space-opera business with this announcement:

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Syfy has given the greenlight to Ascension – created and written by Philip Levens (Smallville), who will also serve as executive producer and showrunner. Universal Cable Productions and Lionsgate Television are co-financing and distributing the project, produced in Montreal, Quebec, by Sea To Sky Studios in association with Jason Blum’s Blumhouse Productions.

Part Battlestar and part Downton Abbey, Ascension takes place on a century-long space shuttle journey, where hundreds of men, women and children left Earth behind at the start of the Cold War. Nearly 50 years after their covert 1963 mission launched with the intention of colonizing a new world, a young woman is mysteriously murdered, prompting the population to question the nature of the mission as they near the point of no return.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/syfy-greenlights-space-travel-miniseries-ascension/

http://thunderbird.tv/2014/03/13/new-miniseries-ascension-gets-the-greenlight/

The before mentioned Mark Stern was one of the original producers of Outer Limits x 2 before he went to work for the earlier version of Sci-Fi.

I think they should describe it as part Battle Star Galactica and part Starlost.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I look back fondly at a lot of scifi/supernatural type shows from the 90's. Compared to the crap produced today I feel like we took the 90's shows for granted. Sure many of them were cheap Canadian productions but they seemed better written and produced than the cheap Canadian stuff today. Some may disagree but there's no comparison to the writing of those older shows compared to the teen angst crapola we get today.

I am so sick of teenagers !!!:tealcanime23::tealcanime23::tealcanime23:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Haha ,,,I also met Robin Ward here in Toronto whilst I was at a restaurant on Queen street in the Beaches . Great guy . He was on our weather channel forever than sadly they took his bit

Only 16 eps ??? That's why I kept seeing the same show over and over :( :( :(

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
This guy scared the crap out of me and still does ,,, . I would have smacked that computer guy over and over ,,,

It would have been nicer if they had a more pleasant computer like this girl :) :) :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
All of STARLOST is on YT. I can now watch YT on my tv (DIRECTV's GENIE)--{like wow I am so advanced right?:SmileyLaughingTears:}

I tried to start watching SL with good intent and an open mind (particularly given my phobia concerning Canadians :icon_lol:)

I fall asleep every ep...

1st ep--Amish in Space

2nd EP--THE WALKING DEAD, in space

3rd ep--seemingly homosexual men (sorry ape) in metallic gym suits doing deep squat benders and other never ending exercise

I have yet to progress any further

:smiley-laughing011:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I was always fond of TekWar which is from the 90s and was part Canadian.

Andromeda was good the first couple of seasons then degenerated into the "Kevin Sorbo ego hour". And then there was "Earth: Final Conflict" - first season rocked and the other four were utter dreck.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I was always fond of TekWar which is from the 90s and was part Canadian.

Another one of my favorite shows . Adapted from William Shatner's Si-Fi books series if I am not mistaken :) :) :)
Did you notice the hands free motor vehicles ?. And what do we have now :) :) :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Another one of my favorite shows . Adapted from William Shatner's Si-Fi books series if I am not mistaken :) :) :)
Did you notice the hands free motor vehicles ?. And what do we have now :) :) :)

I never watched much of it...but what I did see was good. Wasnt it in some weird time slot when it was being aired?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
No accounting for taste!

"El Correcto", there! I find it ironic that over on You-Tube, every third person sharing their opinions with us mention a phrase similar to " I remember it fondly", or such.

"Tek War" might of been based on William Shatner's book or outline of the same name. Tori Higginson in this one....interesting!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Torri Higginson started in this show. So did Lexa Doig. The show also predicted accurately a lot of tech we have today.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It might have been. I have all the episodes, and it wasn't bad at all.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Episode 22, Season 5 "Better Luck Next Time"

WOW! For the first time I can remember in ANY science fiction story, a female mad scientist! I tried to think long and hard about female mad scientists (a la Baltar, Dr Evil, Scaramanga, Dr No, etc). None I can think of. But this episode had one, and she was awesome! The episode also stars the actress who played Ro Laren in Star Trek TNG.

outerlimits5_22.png

applause.gif

Last edited: