Outer Limits 2.0 still holds up today. Great storytelling!

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I definitely think it was the final episode of the series. An atomic blast eviscerates the courtroom. I doubt that it was 'I Robot', whether old or new version, starring Leonard Nimoy.

I read several months back that CBS was trying to reboot "Outer Limits" for one more time.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, Twilight Zone is my favorite too. :) These anthology shows are a showcase for real storytellers. Every year I buy the Best of Science Fiction anthology at Barnes and Noble. You never know what is in there and there are always awesome stories. Since Masters of Science Fiction (which had only one short 6 episode season :() it seems like they are gone for a while. I remember Night Visions too. :) I never got into Tales of the Crypt that much, but the stories were good. I think that one is ripe for a rewatch since I have not seen all the episodes like the others. :)

I like the fact that Outer Limits (my copies) all have Sci Fi Channel and not Syfy. :smiley_joy:

The stories were not sci fi, but there was another show is this vein of stand alones.. remember CLIFF HANGER? I think it was on NBC in the early 80's. From what I remember, the stories were always fairly good--sometimes crime drama, some times fantasy/horror

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The stories were not sci fi, but there was another show is this vein of stand alones.. remember CLIFF HANGER? I think it was on NBC in the early 80's. From what I remember, the stories were always fairly good--sometimes crime drama, some times fantasy/horror

I actually caught that at a friend's house who was into that show. The one episode I saw was crime drama. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh wait--it was actually different then I remembered-it was a late 70's show and in a bit diff. format then I remember

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Oh wait--it was actually different then I remembered-it was a late 70's show and in a bit diff. format then I remember

From what I remember , yongjin, they were trying to replicate the Saturday matinee 'cliff-hanger' shows that some of us got to see at our favourite motion picture theatres at the beginning of the Sixties.

Off the top of my tiny little head, let me suggest that the 'Perils of Pauline' from the Twenties, or how about 'Flash Gordon' in the thirties, were the inspirations for this series. Indiana Jones, surely, must be considered one long 'peril' movie.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
From what I remember , yongjin, they were trying to replicate the Saturday matinee 'cliff-hanger' shows that some of us got to see at our favourite motion picture theatres at the beginning of the Sixties.

Off the top of my tiny little head, let me suggest that the 'Perils of Pauline' from the Twenties, or how about 'Flash Gordon' in the thirties, were the inspirations for this series. Indiana Jones, surely, must be considered one long 'peril' movie.

Geesh-GB-long time no hear :jaded:
Yes, that was it exactly

The sci fi-ish eps stood in (for me) for the lack of sci fi at that time

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Geesh-GB-long time no hear :jaded:
Yes, that was it exactly

The sci fi-ish eps stood in (for me) for the lack of sci fi at that time

Wha-a-a who- o-o! I'm a winner.

Anyways, I have always been here. I check in about 5 times a day to see what's up. For the last couple of months there was no need of me to chime in.

At the moment I am living in a surreal world. There appears to be sun ( 6:30) blasting through my front room window. The end of the world must be approaching, so I should check out TZ or the Outer Limits to find out if there is a clue in one of those long lost shows.

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
don davis was occassionally on Macgyver as well....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow, Season 6 of this ends with the story Final Appeal (Pts 1 and 2). It stars Charlton Heston, Cicely Tyson and a host of other A-List actors...how the hell did Outer Limits do all of this stuff? AWESOME collection of stories. Lots of rewatch value. This is first class, A-List level work here. Look who is in this episode:

Capture.PNG

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Wow, Season 6 of this ends with the story Final Appeal (Pts 1 and 2). It stars Charlton Heston, Cicely Tyson and a host of other A-List actors...how the hell did Outer Limits do all of this stuff? AWESOME collection of stories. Lots of rewatch value. This is first class, A-List level work here. Look who is in this episode:

View attachment 29560

Thats the ep I was thinking of--"tech on trial". What was the context of the ep? Wasn't there a time traveller or some out of cryo involved?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thats the ep I was thinking of--"tech on trial". What was the context of the ep? Wasn't there a time traveller or some out of cryo involved?

Yes. :) You should rewatch it. Brilliant writing in this one. :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

The funny things I find on You-tube, while in search of the older Canadian TV shows; such as Andromeda, Total Recall: 2070, and the long lost "Star Lost".

Some shows were absolute puddle water, while others were totally brilliant. The production values are considered suspect today, but the writing and most of the acting still stands strong even by today's standard. I am of course talking about "Outer Limits", whether the original or the second coming.

A full episode of 'A Stitch In Time": Christopher Plummer's( Tammy Grimes) daughter Amanda gave us a very unusual performance. I like the way how some of the characters( the memorable Dr. Theresa Givens for starts) had a pattern of showing up in a serial type of shows spread out over the length of the series.

For those who are unfortunate to not have Hulu, it appears that the whole episode is available over on you-tube.

I can't find too much of "Final Appeal" but some of my favourite shows such as "Valerie 23" are still available for long peeks.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The funny things I find on You-tube, while in search of the older Canadian TV shows; such as Andromeda, Total Recall: 2070, and the long lost "Star Lost".

Did Star Lost ever conclude? I watched it every Saturday growing up and used to love that show.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Did Star Lost ever conclude? I watched it every Saturday growing up and used to love that show.

OMG!!! Good bless the people who must of uploaded this stuff from their DVDs.

From a time when there was no Sci-Fi on TV we had this show for a short time. Sometimes when you have been caught out in the desert with no water and come across an oasis filled with just dirty water: you just have to take a chance and hope for the best.

I think Kier Dulea brought some Ontario medium cheese to this interview. I thought it had great potential. If only they had tons of money way back there in 1973.

If only Star Gate: Universe started where this show left off!

From what I remember, Harlan Ellison spent his day and all his nights bad mouthing this TV creation. There might be at least 3 of his books( Phoenix Without Ashes) out there, whether it continues from the show is very doubtful. In this promo of "Starlost" I might of seen some "Silent Running".

Incidentally, Harland Ellison's "Soldier" is available on You - Tube in the "Outer Limits" section.

If only someone would upload "The New People" to you tube, now that would be most appreciated.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
OMG!!! Good bless the people who must of uploaded this stuff from their DVDs.

From a time when there was no Sci-Fi on TV we had this show for a short time. Sometimes when you have been caught out in the desert with no water and come across an oasis filled with just dirty water: you just have to take a chance and hope for the best.

I think Kier Dulea brought some Ontario medium cheese to this interview. I thought it had great potential. If only they had tons of money way back there in 1973.

If only Star Gate: Universe started where this show left off!

From what I remember, Harlan Ellison spent his day and all his nights bad mouthing this TV creation. There might be at least 3 of his books( Phoenix Without Ashes) out there, whether it continues from the show is very doubtful. In this promo of "Starlost" I might of seen some "Silent Running".

Incidentally, Harland Ellison's "Soldier" is available on You - Tube in the "Outer Limits" section.

If only someone would upload "The New People" to you tube, now that would be most appreciated.

I just watched the first episode of Starlost. That took me back to my childhood. Still love that show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Some shows were absolute puddle water, while others were totally brilliant. The production values are considered suspect today, but the writing and most of the acting still stands strong even by today's standard. I am of course talking about "Outer Limits", whether the original or the second coming.

A full episode of 'A Stitch In Time": Christopher Plummer's( Tammy Grimes) daughter Amanda gave us a very unusual performance. I like the way how some of the characters( the memorable Dr. Theresa Givens for starts) had a pattern of showing up in a serial type of shows spread out over the length of the series.

For those who are unfortunate to not have Hulu, it appears that the whole episode is available over on you-tube.

I can't find too much of "Final Appeal" but some of my favourite shows such as "Valerie 23" are still available for long peeks.

Ok1 thx, going to finally put my "faithful customer free dvr/genie upgrade" (from directv) to use! It has YT access

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Well,I paid ($1-99 each) to watch FINAL APPEAL on Amazon-none of it is on prime. They are doing a strange thing there-they have 3 seasons listed with a compressed selection from all 6 seasons.

I wonder why they 'retconned' the flashback to have the Dr kill her rapist instead of as it happened with the FBI agent killing him?

THEN-AND now I feel robbed of my $4!- I went to IMDB to look up some actor info from the show to find that every episode of every-actual-season is available in full, to watch on IMDB (They even have a large screen player)

I randomly checked through the seasons and everything is available
Seems it comes from Hulu through IMDB's website
Strange arrangement--charge for it through membership and/or per ep but then have it up for free on a legit website--an oversight perhaps?

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2719548441/?ref_=tt_ov_vi

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
At the end of Season 1 in the last episode, we see Don Davis in a General's uniform. For me, that was the first time ever seeing him on TV. No doubt Brad Wright and Glassener chose him for the role of General Hammond as a result of that episode. It was a compilation episode, taking scenes and snippets from several episodes in season 1...even Sandkings. :)

Watching it on IMDb right now -took a few minutes, but realized "Mr Strong" is Gordon Clapp-haven't seen him since NYPD Blue

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I'm too cheap to pay for some of this stuff we find on the InterNets. If anybody is looking for something that is dark and dreary why not try taking a peak at the one and only series of "Total Recall: 2077" over on You-Tube.

I have no clue what is available down where you guys live: These are not the best shows out of all the episodes, just my suggestions out of all those that were made, or the ones I can remember that had interesting story lines. Repeat! These were my favourites out of the bunch. Humans making stupid decisions, or sacrificing for the common good. What a concept!

and finally

" 'Do not enter upon or cross this area. Do not touch or remove possibly radioactive dirt or rocks. If you have any knowledge concerning this disappearance, please contact your nearest police department.'

It could have happened to any neighborhood. Had those who lived in this one been less human, less brave, it would have happened to all the neighborhoods of the Earth. Feasibility study ended. Abduction of human race: Infeasible."

I was hoping that they would remake some of the best shows from the original series such as "The Sixth Finger" with David McCallum; or "The Man Who Was Never Born" with Martin Landau. That was not to be. At least we got some interesting shows just the same.

Being lazy I'm going to ignore all the typos and grammar mistakes.

Okay, I didn't think that was going to happen!!!