NETFLIX's "Binge Scale-o-meter"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Kodi makes things free which probably shouldn't be. Kodi does not play commercials, so it is highly undesirable for the developers of Kodi to report anything to anyone or to collect money for distributing it.

besides the networks on cable, sat

just what services/ streamers ARE included in generating viewership numbers/ratings?

for example, on amazon (or hulu) when a FX show (or whatever) comes on 'live' last night then is available for purchase today, is it/ how is it counted towards ratings? just reported sales data or in some other way?

is it counted as 'live' or as a dvr type of thing?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I'll be putting this on my list of things to watch. Which now consists of Stranger Things.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
DARK ,,,uuuuh I tried it but it's too dam slow . Stranger Things moves along so much faster . I may give it another look in the near future . Did 3 episodes only .
;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Did 3 episodes only

and i say the first 3 are the slowest with all the characters and timelines and all the exposition (is that the right word?) needed to intro them

it does pick up and it is, imo, a new and refreshing take on time travel sci fi. its message reminds me just a little of the one given in THE PENITENT MAN

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
what a dumb, "race baiting" and way to drive that wedge that already exists between americans in even deeper with this film

so trope

basically Brooklyn gets invaded by the Michigan (actually a mixture of several militias in 'coalition') Militia

they are trying to force the US govt into allowing several southern states to secede and plan on holding Bushwick Brooklyn as one of their geographical hostages

"why did you pick our hood to invade?" "well sir, we all (the militia) figured that Brooklyn would be a soft tgt because of all the ethnic diversity and that guns are illegal in NYC"

then we get a coalition of gang bangers, hasidic Jewish businessmen, blonde Social justice warriors and regular schmoes picking up guns, bats ,lacrosse nets and the like and counter attack the militia

besides being a dumb and divisive shit show, it is rather well made and seems to have had a decent amount of financial backing, and the spt of the city of NY (clearing streets for filming ,etc)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4720702/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
what a dumb, "race baiting" and way to drive that wedge that already exists between americans in even deeper with this film

so trope

basically Brooklyn gets invaded by the Michigan (actually a mixture of several militias in 'coalition') Militia

they are trying to force the US govt into allowing several southern states to secede and plan on holding Bushwick Brooklyn as one of their geographical hostages

"why did you pick our hood to invade?" "well sir, we all (the militia) figured that Brooklyn would be a soft tgt because of all the ethnic diversity and that guns are illegal in NYC"

then we get a coalition of gang bangers, hasidic Jewish businessmen, blonde Social justice warriors and regular schmoes picking up guns, bats ,lacrosse nets and the like and counter attack the militia

besides being a dumb and divisive shit show, it is rather well made and seems to have had a decent amount of financial backing, and the spt of the city of NY (clearing streets for filming ,etc)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4720702/

Anything with a synopsis like this is not something I am even going to give a second glance:

"When a Texas military force invades their Brooklyn neighborhood, 20-year-old Lucy and war veteran Stupe must depend on each other to survive."

:)

If the American Flag is used as the background photo on any movie along with a weapon, I am just not interested.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If the American Flag is used as the background photo on any movie along with a weapon, I am just not interested.

yeah

usually its something overtly patriotic in a conservative bent

this movie is ALL liberal

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just got through Season 2 of Glitch . Wow this show has some twists ...Looking forward to season 3 ...
:beckett_new049:

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hey OM, have you had a chance to check out GLITCH?

curious is all, something tells me you won't like it

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey OM, have you had a chance to check out GLITCH?

curious is all, something tells me you won't like it

I might like it, Im just in the middle of a Once Upon A Time rewatch and I am just on Season 3 (of 6 seasons) of the show. This show has 22 episode seasons, so we are talking a lot of episodes. Once finished with that I will pick up Glitch. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I might like it, Im just in the middle of a Once Upon A Time rewatch and I am just on Season 3 (of 6 seasons) of the show. This show has 22 episode seasons, so we are talking a lot of episodes. Once finished with that I will pick up Glitch. :)

well...get cracking!!

:whip: