NCIS Fan Extravaganza!!

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Whoopee!

No SGoo until April (if ever) and a new NCIS tonight.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The Christmas episode wasn't very good IMO. It seemed a little preachy and touchy-feely, and very much cliched.
It was a Christmas episode. A lot of them tend to be like that, in whatever show you're watching.

On Human Target last night, however, the main character, the computer/torture guy and the boss lady were all not big on Christmas at all. And there was no end of the episode epiphany. Chance was still the Christmas Grinch he'd been at the start of the episode.

I liked that, for a change of pace from the "normal" television Christmas episode.

And OMFG Mark Valley is GORGEOUS!! (if you're a guy, I understand if that observation makes you twitch a little) As a bit of trivia, he also served in Operation Desert Storm -- and it's interesting to note (after checking out IMDb) that his birthday is tomorrow!

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
On Human Target last night, however, the main character, the computer/torture guy and the boss lady were all not big on Christmas at all. And there was no end of the episode epiphany. Chance was still the Christmas Grinch he'd been at the start of the episode.

I liked that, for a change of pace from the "normal" television Christmas episode.

I know - at the end I totally thought Chance was going to stare cheesily at the tree for a minute, then leave the lights on - but when he yanked out the lights triumphantly I almost cheered! Not that I have anything against Christmas, just they were actually being true to his character instead of unrealistically having him learn some "Christmas lesson" or what not. And Guerrero's appointment with "The Plumber" - too funny. Love the humor in that show. Guerrero is my favorite character - him kicking ass in the mall was priceless, actually the entire mall scene was priceless!

Hmm...I was going to try to come up with something to say about NCIS, so this post would be at least a tiny bit about NCIS, but I can't think of anything to say at the moment. Maybe we need a separate Human Target thread :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I know - at the end I totally thought Chance was going to stare cheesily at the tree for a minute, then leave the lights on - but when he yanked out the lights triumphantly I almost cheered! Not that I have anything against Christmas, just they were actually being true to his character instead of unrealistically having him learn some "Christmas lesson" or what not. And Guerrero's appointment with "The Plumber" - too funny. Love the humor in that show. Guerrero is my favorite character - him kicking ass in the mall was priceless, actually the entire mall scene was priceless!

Hmm...I was going to try to come up with something to say about NCIS, so this post would be at least a tiny bit about NCIS, but I can't think of anything to say at the moment. Maybe we need a separate Human Target thread :)
It terrifies me that Fox might cancel Human Target. It's a fun show, it's great escapism, and the cameraderie is fantastic! (hmmm...I wonder what show didn't have that...lemme think...)

The ratings haven't been fantastic, and that's a real shame. It think that if people actually watched it, they'd find they enjoyed it. Maybe it's the name of the show that keeps people away???

And as an aside...there is nothing like taking your apartment manager out for a couple beers...it's AMAZING the things you learn when he's a few sheets to the wind (yes, we saw him home).

LOL

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Any guy can see that.

It was a Christmas episode. A lot of them tend to be like that, in whatever show you're watching.

And OMFG Mark Valley is GORGEOUS!! (if you're a guy, I understand if that observation makes you twitch a little) As a bit of trivia, he also served in Operation Desert Storm -- and it's interesting to note (after checking out IMDb) that his birthday is tomorrow!

Hmmm....gorgeous? I wouldnt use that word, but Mark Vally is a very handsome man. I loved him in Boston Legal. He looks like a Ken doll. :icon_lol:. Seriously, I dont think any guy would doubt that Mark is a very good looking guy. Im sure he could bed any female he chooses.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Hmmm....gorgeous? I wouldnt use that word, but Mark Vally is a very handsome man. I loved him in Boston Legal. He looks like a Ken doll. :icon_lol:. Seriously, I dont think any guy would doubt that Mark is a very good looking guy. Im sure he could bed any female he chooses.
He was married to Anna Torv (of Fringe) for all of a year at the most. They met on the set of Fringe when he was playing her boyfriend.

Well, from a female perspective, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers in bed.

And yes, he does rather look like a Ken doll, doesn't he? LOL

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob

The fact he looks like a Ken doll actually makes him not that attractive to me. He's too...symmetrical...kind of boring. I mean, he's nice to look at but I don't feel attracted. Watching him on screen is almost like how I would enjoy seeing pretty women on the screen. I'm a straight female but it's still nice to see pretty people on screen, no matter what their gender. But when I see a pretty female on screen I don't feel attracted. If that makes sense. So to me maybe I would could call Mark Valley eye candy in a way but not "sexy" eye candy. Of course, if I met him in person who knows, my opinion could change :P

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The fact he looks like a Ken doll actually makes him not that attractive to me. He's too...symmetrical...kind of boring. I mean, he's nice to look at but I don't feel attracted. Watching him on screen is almost like how I would enjoy seeing pretty women on the screen. I'm a straight female but it's still nice to see pretty people on screen, no matter what their gender. But when I see a pretty female on screen I don't feel attracted. If that makes sense. So to me maybe I would could call Mark Valley eye candy in a way but not "sexy" eye candy. Of course, if I met him in person who knows, my opinion could change :P
Ah, but he has some facial scars that help to break that up a bit.

It's kind of nice to see an actor who doesn't have to be dandied up to make him attractive on the screen.

Nate Fillion appears to have that same talent. When I saw him up close and personal...I discovered that I am, indeed, a dirty old woman.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well put.

Well, Im not sexually attracted to guys so I understand what you mean, but like Mark's Ken doll appearance, I do NOT find the "standard" Barbie doll look attractive AT ALL. I hate fake breasts which are too big, I hate too much makeup, too much pink, too much perfume. I can relate. Nice to gawk at, but not attracted at all. Pretty people (female and male) are nice to look at!

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
New Episode tonight

Something new. Better than fake blue fish aliens.

Episode: Ships in the Night (NEW)
The team partners with a Coast Guard Investigative Service agent to solve the murder of a Marine on a dinner boat.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Take That

Hahahahah best rating in the history of the show 21.93M. And I thought I was killing the show because I'm DL right now.

Proves those SGU excuses are FOS. :rotflmao:

OK episode, nothing spectacular. Just Different.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Hahahahah best rating in the history of the show 21.93M. And I thought I was killing the show because I'm DL right now.

Proves those SGU excuses are FOS. :rotflmao:

OK episode, nothing spectacular. Just Different.

Naw, just apparently, people who watch shows like NCIS are too fucking stupid to DL anything, it's only those evil "tech-savvy" Scifi fans that have the brains to do that..

(sorry, currently having this very discussion on GW)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Naw, just apparently, people who watch shows like NCIS are too fucking stupid to DL anything, it's only those evil "tech-savvy" Scifi fans that have the brains to do that..

(sorry, currently having this very discussion on GW)
How sweet it is...

4.5/12 Share 21.93 Million viewers (raw figure)

Now THAT's a healthy ratings share.

In my happy place...

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
8-12 Recruited

One for Tropicana. Should have been called "fruited".

Didn't keep my attention, even with Bob Newhart as guest star. They take on don't ask, don't tell + alzheimers in one rippin episode of social commentary. A bit much for me.

This one struck me as a typical mid season filler episode, with a small hint of development concerning Rocky Carrol (NCIS Director) although his contract is firm I believe. I sure miss Lauren Holly's tits sometimes.

Gibbs starts a new boat.

Oh well it still got 25 times the viewers that SG Dog Poo would have. I rate this one a "meh".

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Cliff Simon was extremely underutilized in the last episode of NCIS Los Angeles. His screen time was like, 2 minutes :(