NCIS Fan Extravaganza!!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm watching the same marathon.

It's a guilty pleasure...and they just don't get old.

:)

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
Cracked

I have mixed feelings about this latest ep. I enjoyed the arc about Lt. Thoreson, but it strikes a little close to home for me, like it did for Abby, I guess. My family has its share of brilliant and unstable people in it. Still, I always enjoy Abby & Gibbs' relationship and this episode was no exception. Abby really tugged at my heartstrings when she said, "You raised your voice at me. You never raise your voice at me. " It's interesting how Gibbs is a father figure for both Abby and Ziva, but in VERY different ways.

SGU could take lessons from NCIS on how to write characters. It's possible to do it in the middle of a great action/adventure plot- development doesn't have to be the focus of the story for characters to interact and evolve. To me, this is more like real life- our lives are nearly always played out against a series of events. Just not really exciting ones like these!

But if I were Michael Weatherly, I would have refused to do this episode. Every time I think Tony's about to take a step forward, it's always two steps back. I was actually embarrassed by this episode and I'm glad I watched it by myself. If this were a lesser show, I'd call that Travolta gag worthy of shark-jumping.

Also, does anyone else think we're overdue for a Gibbs episode? He hasn't done much more than bark out orders for a while. I need my Gibbs fix!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'd love a Gibbs fix.

Any time you learn a wee bit more about the man, it just makes you like/love him more.

I also love his relationship with Abby. It's been suggested elsewhere that she'd be close to the age his daughter would have been now, had she lived.

And yes, as far as Ziva's concerned, there was something so sad when she told Gibbs that he was the closest thing to a father that she had. Says something particularly terrible about her relationship with her own father (the cold blooded bastard).

I think that Gibbs is a father figure to all of his younger team members, and a very good (and tolerant) friend to Ducky. ;)

I think the whole Saturday Night Fever outfit (thank GOD disco is dead -- it was difficult enough to live through that time) was great for Hallowe'en. Tony KNEW that the outfit was stupid for him, but had apparently gotten himself in awfully deep with old Ethel.

There's something especially nice about being able to watch NCIS on CBS, USA and/or Chiller. It's also great for background noise (the good kind).

And your "Gibbs fix" comment makes me remember that I've gone entirely too long with my "Walter fix".

Only Walter can yell about "delicious strawberry flavored death!" and get away with it.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I didn't think much of their Beautiful Mind episode. I wish they'd get back to blowing stuff up and filming on aircraft carriers.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I didn't think much of their Beautiful Mind episode. I wish they'd get back to blowing stuff up and filming on aircraft carriers.
It was an Abby episode. The character is obviously ADHD. She also cares a lot. She saw a person who was into the scientific/technical stuff and fell hard for the case.

I'm sure the blowing up and stuff will start again soon. It'll be alright. ;)

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob

Didn't you like Royals and Loyals last week?
I was really impressed with that shot inside the hangar with all the Jeeps and modified Hummers all in a (very long!) row. And we got to see the inside of HMS Sparrowhawk. ;). Granted, it wasn't an aircraft carrier. Well I don't think it was- but there hasn't been a real HMS Sparrowhawk for a while, I think. So maybe you should just think of it as an aricraft carrier. :)

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Didn't you like Royals and Loyals last week?
I was really impressed with that shot inside the hangar with all the Jeeps and modified Hummers all in a (very long!) row. And we got to see the inside of HMS Sparrowhawk. ;). Granted, it wasn't an aircraft carrier. Well I don't think it was- but there hasn't been a real HMS Sparrowhawk for a while, I think. So maybe you should just think of it as an aricraft carrier. :)

Yup that was a good one. I haven't gotten around to doing a serious watching of it. Right now I sort of watch but I'm doing other things and not really paying attention when it's on live with commercials.

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
Yup that was a good one. I haven't gotten around to doing a serious watching of it. Right now I sort of watch but I'm doing other things and not really paying attention when it's on live with commercials.

Heh. I know. :) That's why I'm only just posting about Cracked today- I watch on hulu.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Eye candy advisory

Oh, don't get me wrong. I did like him.

:)

Okay so I confess to watching Vampire Diaries (guilty pleasures, what can I say). Anyways, I just watched the latest episode online, and Malloy showed up! Well, not Malloy, but the actor who played him, of course. This time he plays an evil, sexy vampire! I approve of his character on Vampire Diaries much more than his character on NCIS :smiley_squee: So, anyone in need of a dose of eye candy, check it out :)

*End of Eye Candy Avisory*

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Wagner's Back

One hour till NCIS. I see Robert Wagner will be back. Has anyone heard that Dinozzo/Weatherlee is playing Wagner in a biopic? What's up with that?

Remember — don't waste your time watching SGU I hear it sucks.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Great episode. Wagner + Bruce Boxleitner (BB5). Didn't even recognize him. It was the voice. Wagner almost reminded me of scenes out of it Takes a Thief when I was a kidling. No wonder this show get over 20X the viewers SGpoop gets. They keep us geezers entertained. And it was in colour too! :icon_razz:

F

Frumenta

I want to sit down and watch (and rewatch) this show from beginning to the last episode someday. I have only caught bits and pieces of it on TV.

I love the characters so much that I rarely pay much attention to the mystery. I can't believe that a show i couldn't stand (JAG) has such a cool spinoff. I see the similarities between the real Stargate in the sense that the Team has become a family. The Gibbs and O'Neill parallels are also pretty obvious.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Great episode. Wagner + Bruce Boxleitner (BB5). Didn't even recognize him. It was the voice. Wagner almost reminded me of scenes out of it Takes a Thief when I was a kidling. No wonder this show get over 20X the viewers SGpoop gets. They keep us geezers entertained. And it was in colour too! :icon_razz:
Same here. Once I realized it was Bruce Boxleitner, my first thought was MAN, he's gotten gray...and he's starting to get Old Person Face.

And I'm so glad i wasn't the only person to think of It Takes A Thief. I used to watch that show all the time. Loved it! Such a fun show. I wonder how long it'll take for CBS to "reimagine" that show. :P

I loved last night's episode. I was still swearing at the television when Tony's Dad would pull more bullshit, but that's what the character's designed to do, I think. LOL

I love how much of a Dad Gibbs is to his people, whether he realizes it or not. A friend mentioned last night (in our weekly "How'd you like this week's NCIS" phone call) how she thinks that Gibbs is in Dad mode for everyone because of Kelly. Since he never saw her grow up, he tends to parent his team members in her place. Not that that is a bad thing. He's a much better parent than any of them seem to have (whether through loss or uselessness), for one reason or another.

And I wasn't a fan of JAG at all, either. I discovered NCIS only a couple seasons ago and didn't take long to catch up on what I'd missed. Almost rabidly. LOL

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Abby is a VERY well written character. She is very sensitive and affectionate and also hyperactive. The funny thing is that those qualities are not what one usually sees in Goth Girls (who usually are pretty torpid and have issues with both affection and sensitivity). The clash of the two helps set her character as being really unique.

Other good aspects are her relationship with McGee (that's a "ship" it would be good to have) and also how both times they had her in literaL, direct danger when it came down to it she handled the assailant with ease.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Abby is a VERY well written character. She is very sensitive and affectionate and also hyperactive. The funny thing is that those qualities are not what one usually sees in Goth Girls (who usually are pretty torpid and have issues with both affection and sensitivity). The clash of the two helps set her character as being really unique.

Other good aspects are her relationship with McGee (that's a "ship" it would be good to have) and also how both times they had her in literaL, direct danger when it came down to it she handled the assailant with ease.
Oh god...when she repeatedly tazed that fucker in the van...high comedy...and one of those times you find yourself yelling "You GO GIRL!!!!", when you don't normally say things like that.

And yes, the Abby/McGee ship...I mean, he DID get a tattoo for her...