NCIS Fan Extravaganza!!

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
Just got caught up with Broken Arrow- like SG-Rocks I did not recognize Bruce Boxleitner until I heard his voice, but I think he looked great (check out that quick scene early on where he's in profile with Mark Harmon). Boxleitner is the about the same age as RDA and MH- IMHO he's fared the best.

I think weight is the biggest enemy of an actor, not age. Unfortunately, the two seem to go together. But not in Boxleitner's case, he totally looked the part of an Admiral (I haven't met many super high-ranking officers but they seem to be in damn good shape for their age- the Right Stuff I guess). Quite frankly, he was a bit chubby in B5. Well, for my taste anyway. ;)

Was that really the Naval Academy they were filming at? Do they really wear those uniforms all day on a regular basis? I bet the plebes got a kick out of it if that was really filmed on location.. and they got to be extras!

I was a little disappointed that Wagner got the bigger part than Boxleitner, I wasn't expecting that but it did turn out fine. I thought we were going to get a little high drama with him sacrificing his life for Ziva, but the ending was okay. Maybe he can save Ziva another day.

Still waiting for a good Gibbs episode!

XCVG

GateFans Noob
I am quite a fan of NCIS. In fact, it is pretty much the only thing on TV I watch nowadays. I don't really like NCIS:LA, but I've only watched a few episodes so it's not really fair to judge (or is it? I hated SGU after the first episode). Anyway, it's interesting, the team is great, sometimes I have trouble figuring out the plot but it always (sort of) makes sense in the end.

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
I am quite a fan of NCIS. In fact, it is pretty much the only thing on TV I watch nowadays. I don't really like NCIS:LA, but I've only watched a few episodes so it's not really fair to judge (or is it? I hated SGU after the first episode). Anyway, it's interesting, the team is great, sometimes I have trouble figuring out the plot but it always (sort of) makes sense in the end.

I feel exactly as you do- there's nothing else I watch and it takes me two viewings to figure out the plot!

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
Enemies Foreign

Wow! What an episode.

Fabulous midseason cliffhanger- I thought Hadar was either going to be the redshirt or the bad guy from the way they panned to him rather more often than warranted by a minor recurring character- turns out he's the former. I just hope that the second part "Enemies Domestic" isn't a let-down- something serious needs to happen here, the NCIS team has been getting away pretty easily for a while, IMHO. I imagine we're going to find out about Amsterdam and perhaps why Leon tore that page out of his file in Judgment Day Part 2. (BTW, I'm one of those people who are not sure Jenny is dead, and it was nice to hear her name mentioned in this episode). That page was from his earliest days, and evidently so was the incident in Amsterdam.

I'm growing to like the character of Leon Vance- & I adore his wife!- but I don't really care for whole eps to be devoted to him, especially when I HAVE NOT HAD MY GIBBS FIX for a long time. :P

FYI these titles are taken from the Oath of Office sworn by all military officers- as in "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." So- who's going to be the Enemy Domestic? Leon?

Also, Malachi was a dead ringer for Zachary Quinto, don't you think?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I was saddened to see Arnold Vosloo's character be killed. You may recall him from The Mummy. I always thought that he and Billy Zane could play brothers.

I enjoyed seeing him play a part where he spoke English and wasn't trying to regain his fleshly self.

It will be interesting to see part two. Zeva's comment to her father about having to explain things, in the clip from part two was very...interesting...to say the least. Her father is an asshole and despite claims to the contrary only seems to care about himself and his own "mission".

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Chic Fight!

S08 E09. Another excellent episode. Too bad SG couldn't do the occasional show looking into people's past. Too busy with alternate universe baloney. Which were always good BTW.

That reminds me I have to go get the parts I missed. Nice when you can get one 350MB file. I'll have to see this one twice.

F

Frumenta

I've decided to watch NCIS from the very begining. It's interesting how in many ways it took a while for the show to hit its stride. So far in the first season I'm missing McGee something terrible and I have discovered that I don't like Kate. I didn't know that, I had seen maybe 2 episodes with her on TV but now that I'm watching her enter the team from the beginning, I liked DiNozzo and Abby instantly, not to mention Gibbs and Ducky and by all means I should like Kate too but I just can't warm up to her character. There's something of a flirtation with Gibbs (eewwww!) and she's downwright nasty to DiNozzo. He deserves it sometimes, of course but it doesn't feel well intentioned ribbing it's more nasty and more like she thinks she has something to prove. Even with this, I could get behind a character like that and sympathise with the insecurity showing through but even though I think Sasha Alexander is a good actress, I'm not really getting that either.

I'll probably get over it and start to like her soon. I wouldn't want to cheer for her death. :/

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I've decided to watch NCIS from the very begining. It's interesting how in many ways it took a while for the show to hit its stride. So far in the first season I'm missing McGee something terrible and I have discovered that I don't like Kate. I didn't know that, I had seen maybe 2 episodes with her on TV but now that I'm watching her enter the team from the beginning, I liked DiNozzo and Abby instantly, not to mention Gibbs and Ducky and by all means I should like Kate too but I just can't warm up to her character. There's something of a flirtation with Gibbs (eewwww!) and she's downwright nasty to DiNozzo. He deserves it sometimes, of course but it doesn't feel well intentioned ribbing it's more nasty and more like she thinks she has something to prove. Even with this, I could get behind a character like that and sympathise with the insecurity showing through but even though I think Sasha Alexander is a good actress, I'm not really getting that either.

I'll probably get over it and start to like her soon. I wouldn't want to cheer for her death. :/

Why don't you do a rewatch thread?

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Erm.... this isn't an NCIS board. Where would I post such a thread?

In this same folder. This may not be a NCIS board, but no-one has cracked the shits at this thread have they?

F

Frumenta

In this same folder. This may not be a NCIS board, but no-one has cracked the shits at this thread have they?

Hehe, I'll think about it, then. Need to beat my natural laziness. I was never more of a casual fan of the show but now that I'm seeing more of it I'm falling madly in love with all the characters (even Kate now :D maybe there's hope for Jenny too if I see more of her)

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Hehe, I'll think about it, then. Need to beat my natural laziness. I was never more of a casual fan of the show but now that I'm seeing more of it I'm falling madly in love with all the characters (even Kate now :D maybe there's hope for Jenny too if I see more of her)

Kate was an acquired like as was Ziva. It's always interesting to got back to the premier to see how Kate was "acquired". As for Jenny, wait unit you see her scene with Ducky in her formal dress showing off her boob job. Most excellent. :D

F

Frumenta

Kate was an acquired like as was Ziva. It's always interesting to got back to the premier to see how Kate was "acquired". As for Jenny, wait unit you see her scene with Ducky in her formal dress showing off her boob job. Most excellent. :D

Not exactly what I meant by seeing more of Jenny, lol. I usually dislike boob jobs, esp. obvious ones but if it's something tasteful I don't object to a little cleavage. I'm still not over Sam in that revealing dress from The Road Not Taken. And I'm a woman.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Not exactly what I meant by seeing more of Jenny, lol. I usually dislike boob jobs, esp. obvious ones but if it's something tasteful I don't object to a little cleavage. I'm still not over Sam in that revealing dress from The Road Not Taken. And I'm a woman.
I never warmed up to Jenny...just never did. I like Vance (the new NCIS head) he's tough as old boots like GIbbs.

a NCIS related funny....one day a year or so ago, my daughter and I were on campus eating lunch together when she started giggling quietly. A young lady walked by us looking just like Abby...from the hair to the miniskirt to the shoes, she even had a few visible tatts. No it wasn't halloween, we saw her several times after that -- she just dressed like abby! :D

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
The Road Not Taken? Had to look that one up. Guess I need to watch S10 again. I wonder if that's one of those I had a baby and still look good things going on.

I thought one of her best scenes ever was 104 Emancipation where she was tricked out in full dress and the team was falling over each other. Ah, those were the days. The SG S1 DVD set has a feature on the costuming worth seeing.

That was also back when they put resources into costuming, instead of making a series of 2-3 million dollar episodes around dirty clothes and stupid tee shirts.

F

Frumenta

I thought one of her best scenes ever was 104 Emancipation where she was tricked out in full dress and the team was falling over each other.

Amanda Tapping was gorgeous in that Mongolian outfit. Easily the only redeeming feature of that episode.

She's always been well-endowed so I don't know whether I should put it down to the baby for Road Not Taken. I'm pretty sure it was filmed way later.

Anyway, enough perving on AT, I love her and Sam and respect her a lot as an actress. I want to find the time to watch Sanctuary at some point.

Back to NCIS, I think I'll just make that rewatch thread. Though in my case it's first watching for many of the episodes and even though I've seen some episodes in all seasons I can still get spoiled.

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
I think you will. :)
I've always been a little skeptical of Jenny's demise, and after Enemies Domestic I'm even more skeptical. There were a lot of funky things about her death- Gibbs never seeing her body, Vance taking over the investigation, the fact that in the end there was one dead female body too many.... And now they've brought her up in two episodes in a row, and especially the very last line of the episode..... I'm like "Holy crap! This guy was after Jenny too". McCallister tried to knock off Vance in his quest to be the Director of NCIS- clearly she would have been his target as well. I wonder if faking her death was the only way to save her, if it was thought there was a deadly threat to her within NCIS but it wasn't known exactly who it was.

Also, does this episode have anything to do with why Vance yanked that paper out of his file two years ago? I think it does, but I haven't connected the dots yet.