NASA project ARTEMIS and Marching to Mars

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Twitter? Me? :hide;

hey its an option! i never have used it

but you could have a lively discourse with her,present your questions then fill us in here!

it would be fun!

and who here is better qualified to have this conversation with a person like her than you?

(yes that is flattery :) )

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Who cares? You and I won't be able to afford it. It's just the elite trying to do something with their time and destroy another planet. As if ruining earth wasn't enough, they needed to shit on another planet and spread their disease.

you should watch the film 2036 origin unknown (i made a thread). i think you would like it...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Hey OM1 twitter is fun....especially when you get to laugh at people! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
How is a bunch of isolationists flying a one way trip to Mars going to yield anything useful to normal people here on earth?

don't be so obviously obtuse! :)

useful for space exploration/exploitation/travel of course

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
don't be so obviously obtuse! :)

useful for space exploration/exploitation/travel of course

because even failures can turn out to have use: :) :)

look at lysol, bubble wrap, and kevlar among other things

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
because even failures can turn out to have use: :) :)

look at lysol, bubble wrap, and kevlar among other things

I think that the type of people who would be interested in leaving earth to isolate themselves from the rest of Humanity would not be good candidates for colonization or even for leadership within any society that forms out of a group. They lack empathy and social skills. I would count 99.9% of all billionaires in that group, yet ironically those billionaires would likely be the only ones who could afford to go.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think that the type of people who would be interested in leaving earth to isolate themselves from the rest of Humanity would not be good candidates for colonization or even for leadership within any society that forms out of a group. They lack empathy and social skills. I would count 99.9% of all billionaires in that group, yet ironically those billionaires would likely be the only ones who could afford to go.

Look at the leadership of the first english and spanish colonists to the western hemi

many were very wealthy yet had limited opportunities in europe (different reason for ppl today going to mars but similar in the opportunity/exploitation area) and either were on the first boats to the americas or put their money behind them

especially the english where the groups held charters and the missions received little if any money from the british govt

so, yes, it is the same kind of ppl i agree

but someone, someday will be going. and when they go they are not going to want to do any work when they get there. i can envision some 'forced' or indentured workers/colonists being taken along to do the grunt work for these faulty personalities who will be in charge

but, they better hope they don't get their own version of a CPT John Smith (reference to what he did and who he did it to--look it up--when it came to work) :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so since my last post here, i found the show MARS on netflix

this is the one that aired on natgeo and fx

it is a mixed science documentary featuring current day science and accomplishments in the move to mars

Bezos and spacex are in it quite a bit, but a lot of other real world stuff, like research t McMurdo station and other sites that are working on mars potentialities

the other part of it is the sci fi part set in 2033, where all that occurs is based on today's achievements and from a book written about what would needed to be done from day 1 human touchdown on mars

no buried faces that exude death, no aliens, no plague of martian beatles,etc,etc

a pretty bare bones look at how the whole process would shake out with the involvement of a corporate space company and a international political body dedicated to the mars mission

enjoyable and informative

S1 is NF,apparently S2 has aired on cable

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4939064/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey OM1 twitter is fun....especially when you get to laugh at people! :D

It's really fun when they are really really wrong about something, and then watching parts of twitter warm them like bees to cancel them! :icon_rotflmao: And the short format with GIFs is a quick and sometimes very effective way to communicate. It reminds me of passing notes in high school. LOL.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Pres Biden has so far shown approval for continuing NASA's project ARTEMIS

a planned return to the Moon with a man and a woman. They will land on the surface and begin survey work and further explore the surface and composition of the Moon

all as part of laying the ground work for a PERMANENT PRESENCE on the Moon. the mission will also include a Moon orbiting "habitation and logistics outpost" with plans to staff it full time as is the ISS

if for no other reasons, we need to be on the Moon and asteroids to mine and extract resources like rare earth minerals and other minerals in short supply on earth

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
OMG! Like the crystals on stargate!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Anyone see any Stargates there?

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Might be alien dog poop too...