Lost Girl - Season One General Discussion

G

Graybrew1

I watched this last night. I liked it. It is not exactly a family show. There is cuss words and lots and lots of sexual innuendo. I found it too be quite interesting and I am already liking the idea of the Fae and the two factions. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I watched this last night. I liked it. It is not exactly a family show. There is cuss words and lots and lots of sexual innuendo. I found it too be quite interesting and I am already liking the idea of the Fae and the two factions. :)

Told ya you would like it :P

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Meh, I will keep an eye on this show but everyone already knows that succubi can be destroyed by singing Maureen McGovern's song The Morning After backwards. ;)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I enjoyed the show and look forward to seeing more of it.

I will admit to being more intrigued by the male lead than Bo, but whatever.

Interesting to see that it's actually been around since 2010.

G

Graybrew1

I enjoyed the show and look forward to seeing more of it.

I will admit to being more intrigued by the male lead than Bo, but whatever.

Interesting to see that it's actually been around since 2010.

I think it was an Aussie show.
I agree the male lead seemed to be a better actor than the lead actress that plays Bo.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think it was an Aussie show.
I agree the male lead seemed to be a better actor than the lead actress that plays Bo.

Nope, it's another Canadian show, we just got it before you folks somehow :P
Anna Silk (Bo) does get better fortunately :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Can anybody give a premise? Funny, they lost me at the title of the show. But I will watch it if somebody can say whether it is scifi, drama, horror, soap, whatever. :). If you guys are buzzing about it, then I am listening! I ignored Warehouse 13 and now I am hooked. :)

G

Graybrew1

GF knows it much better. I can try, I just saw the first ep. There are these people and they are called the Fae. The all have all different powers. They are divided into two different factions. The Light and the Dark. This one chick is alone on her on and not aware of any of it. She is a Succubus. She sucks the life out of people when she kisses them and she can make them do whatever she wants by touching them. Now, let me warn you. Both the kissing and the touching are very sexual. She is equally sexual with men and woman and their are cuss words for it. There is lots of sex and violence in even just the first ep. I am hooked. I won't give out any more info on the premise. It is more like fantasy/horror. It is truly unique, imo. I think it came from Aussie land.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
GF knows it much better. I can try, I just saw the first ep. There are these people and they are called the Fae. The all have all different powers. They are divided into two different factions. The Light and the Dark. This one chick is alone on her on and not aware of any of it. She is a Succubus. She sucks the life out of people when she kisses them and she can make them do whatever she wants by touching them. Now, let me warn you. Both the kissing and the touching are very sexual. She is equally sexual with men and woman and their are cuss words for it. There is lots of sex and violence in even just the first ep. I am hooked. I won't give out any more info on the premise. It is more like fantasy/horror. It is truly unique, imo. I think it came from Aussie land.

Wow. :) Perhaps I will check it out! But right now I am really into Warehouse 13. I wish Netflix had a playable playlist which would allow programming your shows to play automatically.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I noticed that Jay Firestone is a producer on Lost Girl. If that was his work he did some wild things on the original La Femme Nikita and Mutant-X.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
La femme Nikita is on my list of things to watch as well, as well as the new one. i'm still massivly behind on Alias though :(
(been catching up on GoT, SPN, Grimm and soon Once apon a time.

G

Graybrew1

This show did not disappoint last night. I think it was even better than the pilot, I have really high hopes for this show. The sidekick is a bit over the top but tolerable.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I shall have to add them to my list as well. :)

I had the privilege of re-watching the original pilot for “la femme Nikita” the other day. It was as good as I remembered it. Peta Wilson made some ‘classic’ moves as usual. Even after two shows Don Francks role is pretty set. Micheal’s character was still in developmental mode, yet you could see where the role was going to take him. Alberta Watson was only introduced to us but I could see where the producers were thinking that ‘Josephine’ was a younger version of Madelaine.

Even though some of the writing is questionable. With lots of guns, snappy looking outfits, and a high dead body count. What more could you ask for?

G

Graybrew1

I had the privilege of re-watching the original pilot for “la femme Nikita” the other day. It was as good as I remembered it. Peta Wilson made some ‘classic’ moves as usual. Even after two shows Don Francks role is pretty set. Micheal’s character was still in developmental mode, yet you could see where the role was going to take him. Alberta Watson was only introduced to us but I could see where the producers were thinking that ‘Josephine’ was a younger version of Madelaine.

Even though some of the writing is questionable. With lots of guns, snappy looking outfits, and a high dead body count. What more could you ask for?
Not much these days. It is not like we have a lot of choices to choose from. ;)

G

Graybrew1

Okay, I am really enjoying this show. Dyson is just super hottie Wolf man and Bo is an interesting character. The sidekick still annoys me, but the complex levels of the Fae are already on my list of cool new things to watch on TV this year.

G

Graybrew1

That's why I also said it could be just me. Sometimes a show just does not work for some people.
Indeed, I would be curious to see which specific scenes and characters you take issue with. Which lines and plot points you did not like. Which storylines that failed to follow through for you. If you come to a thread and pooh pooh it, I would assume you have full knowledge from viewing all the first three eps and why you feel it "fell flat".

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I really liked the tight black "security" t-shirt in this last episode. This show has much promise IMO.