Jurassic World

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From the TV trailer I caught today, the basic plot puts a twist on the Velociraptors. Chris Pratt's character apparently raises a group of them and they see him as their "alpha". So, this is gonna be an "OMG their enemy is now their friend and ally" kind of bullshit where we're gonna see Pratt and his adopted velociraptor family save the day together.

No shit and not a joke.

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-trailers-velociraptors-chris-pratt/

F**k this shit.

Holy shit you werent kidding!!!!

This is beyond lame. This is worse than if they had come up with a sensitive zombie in The Walking Dead. This is worse than a married TV werewolf couple having their first domestic squabble. :facepalm:. I guess my decision is made.

:piratebay:

Oh, and I saw a black guy in the trailer! A black guy! A black guy! A real life black guy is actually in the Jurassic Park movie!!! A moment in history! I wonder WHEN he gets horribly eaten by the dinosaurs?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
From the TV trailer I caught today, the basic plot puts a twist on the Velociraptors. Chris Pratt's character apparently raises a group of them and they see him as their "alpha". So, this is gonna be an "OMG their enemy is now their friend and ally" kind of bullshit where we're gonna see Pratt and his adopted velociraptor family save the day together.

No shit and not a joke.

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-trailers-velociraptors-chris-pratt/

F**k this shit.

This normally would bother me but I've come to accept the fact that anything JP will be nothing more than a live action cartoon. As long as I keep that in mind it makes it a little easier to stomach for entertainment purposes.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This normally would bother me but I've come to accept the fact that anything JP will be nothing more than a live action cartoon. As long as I keep that in mind it makes it a little easier to stomach for entertainment purposes.

I guess we should also accept Star Trek is now a live action fantasy shoot-em-up comedy western in space with magic potions and parlor tricks performed by wizards. As long as we keep that in mind it should be easier to stomach. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I guess we should also accept Star Trek is now a live action fantasy shoot-em-up comedy western in space with magic potions and parlor tricks performed by wizards. As long as we keep that in mind it should be easier to stomach. :icon_lol:

Something like that, yes. :( Our Trek no longer has an audience. Most of today's Trek audience could not even spell Dilithium, let alone sit still long enough to listen to a cool and clever explanation of how warp theory is supposed to work. They just want stuff to look cool and shiny and have lights on it an' stuff. Bring on the wizards and space ghosts.

Bluce Ree

Something like that, yes. :( Our Trek no longer has an audience. Most of today's Trek audience could not even spell Dilithium, let alone sit still long enough to listen to a cool and clever explanation of how warp theory is supposed to work. They just want stuff to look cool and shiny and have lights on it an' stuff. Bring on the wizards and space ghosts.

I don't think most people fully realize how badly Abrams destroyed ST in just two movies with the tech he introduced. Between the red matter and the pocket transwarp transporter alone the Federation, as it exists, is moot. They no longer need ships to travel ANYWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE (not just the known galaxy) and they can destroy anything at any distance in the universe from the comfort of an armchair by beaming red matter there with their pocket transwarp transporters.

I think Abrams always intended to use ST as a platform to audition for Star Wars. In doing so, he walked into this glass menagerie swinging a bat and destroying everything as he passed through.

These two movies precluded any further possible story telling involving ships and alien conflict.

Wtf is left in that universe? How about arming the Klingons and the Romulans with transwap? That war would be over in about 10 seconds.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I don't think most people fully realize how badly Abrams destroyed ST in just two movies with the tech he introduced. Between the red matter and the pocket transwarp transporter alone the Federation, as it exists, is moot. They no longer need ships to travel ANYWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE (not just the known galaxy) and they can destroy anything at any distance in the universe from the comfort of an armchair by beaming red matter there with their pocket transwarp transporters.

I think Abrams always intended to use ST as a platform to audition for Star Wars. In doing so, he walked into this glass menagerie swinging a bat and destroying everything as he passed through.

These two movies precluded any further possible story telling involving ships and alien conflict.

Wtf is left in that universe? How about arming the Klingons and the Romulans with transwap? That war would be over in about 10 seconds.

ALL OF THIS. But the red bolded is the real deal. It was his bait to Disney. He even put R2D2 in the damned thing (yes, he really did)!

r2d2startrek.jpg

The other shit he changed has left the Trek universe in ruins and reformed it as an action fantasy romantic comedy. He left nothing untouched. Starfleet of Abrams vision look like NAZI officers to me. This is new the Starfleet uniform, and it now includes a freakin CAP?

nutrek_uniforms.jpg

And he ruined the Klingons too

newklingons.jpg

The Enterprise looks like shit, there is just nothing of our Trek left. The iconic colors which have carried through from TOS to the last real Trek (Enterprise), the classic and specific blue, gold and red uniforms have been Trek. Now, it is Imperial Forces Gray? With a cap too? The cap has never EVER been part of Starfleet uniforms.

Since Earth is now more powerful than anyone in the known galaxy (even the Borg), only the Q present any sort of challenge. But perhaps there are no Q in the new timeline? Earth can now concentrate on creating monarchies and wearing more elaborate clothes and then we can steal scenes from Dune too.

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Don't forget the quantum leap in medical advancement now that they know that Khan's blood can cure just about anything. After all, saving Kirk from radiation poisoning was no small feat as he was essentially dead. So if Khan's blood can resurrect someone from the dead it can be used to do a ton of other things like, basically, eliminating almost all physical maladies that humans experience.

So there ya go: red matter, transwarp and perfect health/super-strength/longevity. Three things that completely alter the ST universe in terms of story telling. Yay for us! :moody:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Actually there's two reasons for "stomaching" Jurassic World and nuTrek (and neither has to do with the quality of the story ;) ):

chris-pratt-jurassic-world-trailer.jpg
tumblr_mj3ozfB5rq1r5a08so2_250.gif

Bluce Ree

Don't forget the quantum leap in medical advancement now that they know that Khan's blood can cure just about anything. After all, saving Kirk from radiation poisoning was no small feat as he was essentially dead. So if Khan's blood can resurrect someone from the dead it can be used to do a ton of other things like, basically, eliminating almost all physical maladies that humans experience.

So there ya go: red matter, transwarp and perfect health/super-strength/longevity. Three things that completely alter the ST universe in terms of story telling. Yay for us! :moody:

Yeah, all part of the potions and wizardry. :icon_lol:

Damn. They can even cure death now. Wtf IS left? All they need now is to figure out how to materialize their thoughts into reality and we are now Q.

Bluce Ree

Actually there's two reasons for "stomaching" Jurassic World and nuTrek (and neither has to do with the quality of the story ;) ):

chris-pratt-jurassic-world-trailer.jpg
tumblr_mj3ozfB5rq1r5a08so2_250.gif

Shoot, Chris Pratt looks older than I do and Chris Pine looks like he's about to blow Spock.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Shoot, Chris Pratt looks older than I do and Chris Pine looks like he's about to blow Spock.

:shep_lol::shep_lol::shep_lol::shep_lol::shep_lol:

:daniel_new_anime021:Oh, and a correction: "Chris Pine looks like he's about to blow Spock....again" :daniel_new_anime021:. Chris Pratt has that workin' man look to him. I can see the appeal he would have on women (and some guys :)).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah, all part of the potions and wizardry. :icon_lol:

Damn. They can even cure death now. Wtf IS left? All they need now is to figure out how to materialize their thoughts into reality and we are now Q.

Earth has become Arrakis. We invented transwarp beaming. That alone makes earth more powerful than the Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Andorians, even the Vulcans (wait...) :facepalm: But that isnt all, we also created Kahn whose blood (easily cultivated in tribbles which are now commonplace throughout the Federation) can cure death. We can escape black holes (but light and matter cannot). With a single drop of red matter, we can destroy an entire planet or a sun or even an entire solar system. And what about that super dooper Kahn Gun which can shoot Klingon warbirds out of space with a single shot? Compared to earthlings on Abrams' Trek, the Borg are weak.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Dune is much more Science Fiction than NuTrek...

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Actually Dune is much more Science Fiction than NuTrek...
Star Wars is more science fiction than NuTrek. Perpetual motion is more science fiction than NuTrek. Space Jesus is more science fiction than NuTrek. The Republican party is more science fiction than NuTrek. My sex life is more science fiction than NuTrek...oh wait.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

How dare you! Chris Pine doesn't blow anyone unless I tell him to. And as for Chris Pratt, he's so buff these days that he could crack you like a walnut between his massive quads with just one squeeze. (But I better not catch you between his thighs! :sour:)

Now get your scrawny ass to the gym before someone kicks sand in your face, little boy!

charlesatlas.jpg

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Personally, I think they put more attention to detail in the very first movie. With and writing, the pacing, setting, the props, the scenes and themes and even the music as well. Just the way it was directed was nicely done. No doubt there were some mistakes but still I just don't see this in this movie. Dear lord that much in the opening weekend, people have too much to waste these days.