Is it just me....

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I'm glad you could by the CD in time ;)

The series has some awesome real scifi episodes (as well as some duds). I just opened a subforum to discuss it here.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Did you put of your promised Hope review to watch entreating tv? Shame on you, I needs to crack the whip harder

:tealc-gun02:

Goawaaror!!
Yes it's done, now get of my arse you two!!
Geez, I only saw the ep for the first time 3 days ago........

S

Stonelesscutter

Goawaaror!!
Yes it's done, now get of my arse you two!!
Geez, I only saw the ep for the first time 3 days ago........

And you didn't put a little linky in here for easy navigating...
Making me put work into it ey.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I've just watched that ep.
Had never seen an Outer Limits episode before.
Man this was good.
Hey Stoneless, then check out the other episodes in that subforum: linky.

I'm only listing the best and most of my posts have a direct link to where you can watch the full episode on YouTube. Some of them aren't legally available on YouTube, but they're all there to find... ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

I may just do that.
Right now however I find myself immersed in Eureka.
GF's right. That show is really great. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes Eureka is quality work. Also the writers definitely have guts, as they took a big risk with the time travel plotline and the permanent effects it had on the whole town (it turned out to work well but doing big resets on successful shows is always risky).

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
My fave part of Eureka is although the storylines might be a bit "soft" sometimes and "drama-centric" The actual science is well used and explained for the most part, Tech doesn't exist because it's "conveniant", it exists because it has been reserched and developed by members of the community for a specific reason. I also love the character of Carter because if any character from any show represents me (metaphoricly) the best, it's him. I cannot for the life of me debate "high Science" because I just don't have the knowledge or training to do it, I am however fairly good at understanding "how stuff works", and how you could fix problems that arise from it.

S

Stonelesscutter

Yes Eureka is quality work. Also the writers definitely have guts, as they took a big risk with the time travel plotline and the permanent effects it had on the whole town (it turned out to work well but doing big resets on successful shows is always risky).

I'm still hoping that they'll manage to turn the timeline back into it's original state though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My fave part of Eureka is although the storylines might be a bit "soft" sometimes and "drama-centric" The actual science is well used and explained for the most part, Tech doesn't exist because it's "conveniant", it exists because it has been reserched and developed by members of the community for a specific reason. I also love the character of Carter because if any character from any show represents me (metaphoricly) the best, it's him. I cannot for the life of me debate "high Science" because I just don't have the knowledge or training to do it, I am however fairly good at understanding "how stuff works", and how you could fix problems that arise from it.

Okay, I blazed through Primeval like gangbusters and I need a new show addiction! Is this show gonna hook me quickly like Primeval did? I am trying very hard to love Dr Who, but it takes a bit of getting used to. Im looking for a bit more realism. You have described this show as "very hard scifi" with drama...sounds appealing. If YOU like it, it must be not half bad. :) Do you recommend it as a "must watch" or do you have another suggestion? I havent seen Eureka at all.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I always think of the old show "Northern Exposure" when I watch Eureka. It has something like the same vibe to it. I like it rather a lot.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I blazed through Primeval like gangbusters and I need a new show addiction! Is this show gonna hook me quickly like Primeval did? I am trying very hard to love Dr Who, but it takes a bit of getting used to. Im looking for a bit more realism. You have described this show as "very hard scifi" with drama...sounds appealing. If YOU like it, it must be not half bad. :) Do you recommend it as a "must watch" or do you have another suggestion? I havent seen Eureka at all.

Yes, I do think Eureka is "must see" TV for a Scifi fan, and yes it should hook you in pretty quickly (I've been caught quicker I must admit) but Eureka as a concept is an extremely good construct. It's not "Stargate" big and will probably never will be, but the writing, even when it's going full "dramafest" is tight and clean. If I were to relate it to a "Mainstream" show, my comparison would be Boston Legal, Immensely deep concepts with a "fun" covering on top that just works.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Doctor who gets better as the seasons progress(IMO). I have been meaning to get onto Eureka for a while though the first episode didn't really grab my attention.However, it is only one episode I've watched.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
For all you Tesla fans

I was having a crappy day the other day so in order to "cheer me up" Mrs GF bought me S3 of Eureka (not inspired that she likes it as well of course......) and guess who shows up, your favorite Sanctuary vampire, Tesla. except, in this he is human and is called "Edison" instead :laughing:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Jonathon Young is a very accomplished actor both on TV and the stage (he even runs a theatrical troupe).

Meanwhile, can't wait for July 11th, which is return date for Eureka!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I wound up watching the Eureka Mother's Day marathon, and it reminded me of one thing I thought worked especially well this last season, and that was the growth in Fargo. His character has been kind of static since the start, but this season by throwing him into the seat of power with no warning he has had to mature "on the job" as it were. And they wrote it well - he is still Fargo with Fargo's eccentricities, but is also more of an adult leader.

I also thought both crossover episodes (Eureka-Warehouse 13 and vice versa) worked very well, and in fact gives them an opportunity/dilemna. Fargo and Claudia play very well off each other and have real on screen chemistry. He is a "geek's geek" and she loves geeks. Played properly there is potential for a good type of "ship" there.

G

Graybrew1

I am definitely looking forward to the return of Eureka. Hate to have to wait for July though. :(