Interesting stuff online v2.0

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
not offended by the depictions, just offended by the stupidity of it and the notion that is ok to continue to add fuel to long raging social fires

following this woman's thinking then it would be a-ok to show jews gassing germans? to show afr americans whipping whites?

properly designed education for kids is the way to address these issues

sure those were more extreme but it is in the same vein of thought as this

https://www.boredpanda.com/old-school-ads-recreated-in-parallel-universe-eli-rezkallah/

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
not offended by the depictions, just offended by the stupidity of it and the notion that is ok to continue to add fuel to long raging social fires

following this woman's thinking then it would be a-ok to show jews gassing germans? to show afr americans whipping whites?

properly designed education for kids is the way to address these issues

sure those were more extreme but it is in the same vein of thought as this

https://www.boredpanda.com/old-school-ads-recreated-in-parallel-universe-eli-rezkallah/

LOL! I thought that the reversed-role photos did not really convey any message. They just didn't work for the most part.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
LOL! I thought that the reversed-role photos did not really convey any message. They just didn't work for the most part.

they work to make the uber feminists feel better about themselves. any thing else-they are just as effective OR NOT, as the originals

but as i said, it is not just this silly thing that is the problem, but the growing idea of 'payback' by any formerly oppressed group on the oppressor that is a bad sign of things NEVER being healed.

this payback/revenge idea is no better from the religious 'eye for an eye' adage. revenge never does one thing to advance the cause of a better human condition

social and cultural education, including all peoples and their cultures, must be done from an early age instead

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
they work to make the uber feminists feel better about themselves. any thing else-they are just as effective OR NOT, as the originals

but as i said, it is not just this silly thing that is the problem, but the growing idea of 'payback' by any formerly oppressed group on the oppressor that is a bad sign of things NEVER being healed.

Sure, but uber feminists are a minority politically. I am all for the part of feminism which calls for pervy sexually aggressive men to be outed and/or jailed. I have seen many of those types in public and in the workplace, and wondered how they get away with what they do. The bolded part, I disagree. Formerly oppressed groups are actually the VAST majority of Americans, and that includes women. The oppressor in mostly all cases is straight, white, protestant Christian males. It is unfair that all straight white males are being blamed, but that is something that has been happening to members of other groups for decades. One is bad, and the whole group unfairly pays the price socially. Healing cannot begin without identifying where the pain is coming from and why.

this payback/revenge idea is no better from the religious 'eye for an eye' adage. revenge never does one thing to advance the cause of a better human condition

It came from family and social morality before it was part of religion. It is the principle behind Karma, and also our justice system. I agree with the idea that people who commit crimes or intentionally inflict pain (social or physical) resulting in mass suffering should be brought to justice and punished in the severest of ways. When we put people in prison or execute them for crimes, is that "revenge"? In the US, those who commit crimes are not always brought to justice because the system favors them (cops, politicians, members of certain groups). Getting out of prosecution still leaves a debt of Karma that has to be paid one way or another.

social and cultural education, including all peoples and their cultures, must be done from an early age instead

Agreed. But I think that parents and communities should be allowed to do this for their children, not the system. The system is now infected with SJW agendas, and the educators include individuals I personally think are unfit to be teaching children. I see schoolbooks which qualify more as propaganda programs than curriculum that should be part of an education.

Just a mention....this is drifting into politics. ;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Agreed. But I think that parents and communities should be allowed to do this for their children, not the system.

yes, it should!!!

however, with that concept of morality and doing the right thing for all involved (not just for oneself) is a idea longed wrecked and out of practice

there are many parents today-especially the younger millennial ones-that would not have any clue of how to do this as they did not get it themselves

the concept of 'the educated citizen' of T Jefferson was not just about school education ,it was more of educating the whole person to make the right life choices so that they would NOT HAVE to be told what is right/wrong by the government, religion or school

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I understand the author-the mom-has a great reason for focusing on the autism. but what she is missing-unless I missed it- is that WHY are police called, and then respond, just because a kid has messy hair and is wearing clothes that are small for him? Whoever called the police should at least be billed for it and even criminally charged with wasting public resources. And just how did that call go "911 whats the emergency?" "Uh, there is a boy in the park with messy hair..." Seriously?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...autistic-son-until-someone-called-the-police/

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Wow! Seriously? what is this, an "upscale" McDonalds? Is the homeless guy going to kill the vibe? Maybe its a hipster hangout and this is just too real for them to process

And since when does buying food for a homeless man, or anyone, warrant police involvement?

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Not funny or sci fi...just, interesting
-------------------------------------------------
this video was pretty good

I don't know if it is a good measure of intelligence, perhaps more so with perception and processing though. Components of intelligence but not the full package.

these are stupid and are not an indicator of your intelligence.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
these are stupid and are not an indicator of your intelligence.

correct...I did say that in the post

I'll quote myself to reiterate :)

"...don't know if it is a good measure of intelligence, perhaps more so with perception and processing though. Components of intelligence but not the full package."

<<and when I say "don't know if..." doesn't mean I don't know or that I am asking a question. Its just a way of introducing a topic and stating from the outset that I am of an opinion that is contrary to the video. Perhaps it may be a bit of a regional thing? Some people do accuse us around here of speaking "funny" with items of North Central/western Pennsylvania wordage. Things like "Youns" and "nebby" just to name a couple few.>>

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow! Seriously? what is this, an "upscale" McDonalds? Is the homeless guy going to kill the vibe? Maybe its a hipster hangout and this is just too real for them to process

And since when does buying food for a homeless man, or anyone, warrant police involvement?

That gum chewing cop was pathetic. And McDonalds? What do people expect from the company who has been so horrible for so long? I am now avoiding ALL of the corporate food chain stores. I now buy from independent local markets and I do not even eat fast foods anymore. If I do decide to eat some fast food, I will buy it at an independent vendor like a taco truck or independent burger joint.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Me thinks me gonna boycot McDonalds for this. It's not like I go there often anyway, but Burger King and others options are just as accessible and usually more quiet at the counter too.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Me thinks me gonna boycot McDonalds for this. It's not like I go there often anyway, but Burger King and others options are just as accessible and usually more quiet at the counter too.

i was done with McD's a long time ago..their 'grease on grease' with a side of extra lard, was getting way out of hand

when i was a kid in the 70's, at least you could taste the grease. the natural oils that a real burger put out. so you had a notion that although it tasted great it was ultimately bad to eat too much

then, in the 80's they did whatever chemical voodoo to mask this...it seemed to me the more ppl ate the more they craved more.

i haven't been in mcd's for about 19yrs

and if you still may be on the fence about the company's ethics and its guiding principles, despite the current leadership, just watch THE FOUNDER. Ray Kroc, the man behind this, was a despicable human being

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i was done with McD's a long time ago..their 'grease on grease' with a side of extra lard, was getting way out of hand

when i was a kid in the 70's, at least you could taste the grease. the natural oils that a real burger put out. so you had a notion that although it tasted great it was ultimately bad to eat too much

then, in the 80's they did whatever chemical voodoo to mask this...it seemed to me the more ppl ate the more they craved more.

i haven't been in mcd's for about 19yrs

and if you still may be on the fence about the company's ethics and its guiding principles, despite the current leadership, just watch THE FOUNDER. Ray Kroc, the man behind this, was a despicable human being

I remember when McDonald's fries were greasy, delicious strings of potato you could ball up and eat. The burgers would have grease running out of them and the patty was about the size of the quarter pounder, but thicker. The McDonald's Milkshake is not the same product as today's McDonald's "Shake". It was probably just as heinous to health then as today. But the nail in the coffin is Ray Kroc. Despicable is just one of many words which could describe him.

Last edited: