Independence Day: Resurgence (ID4:2)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Oh yeah-Will Smith aint in it because his character died while test flying a alien/human hybrid fighter in 2007

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks cheap and silly. No mention of the elephant in the room which is that they said in the first film that the ship that was destroyed was their whole civilization.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Looks cheap and silly. No mention of the elephant in the room which is that they said in the first film that the ship that was destroyed was their whole civilization.

THAT one is huge. Also, it seems to me that they would have an arsenal of biological weapons as well as technological ones. With so many of their resources destroyed in the first movie, where did the aliens get the resources to build even BIGGER ships and have more formidable weapons? Why would the aliens even attempt s second run given what happened to them the first time?

Cheap and silly, Im not so sure from what I see in that clip. :) Story wise, I don't think it is any more silly than Star Wars or Star Trek (the new versions).

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
THAT one is huge. Also, it seems to me that they would have an arsenal of biological weapons as well as technological ones. With so many of their resources destroyed in the first movie, where did the aliens get the resources to build even BIGGER ships and have more formidable weapons? Why would the aliens even attempt s second run given what happened to them the first time?

Cheap and silly, Im not so sure from what I see in that clip. :) Story wise, I don't think it is any more silly than Star Wars or Star Trek (the new versions).

It is their intergalactic cousins coming for revenge

these aliens are like Sicilians---they never forgive and they just keep coming back for blood...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
who are these 'screen junkies'? Trope librarians?

Well, I can stomach them much better than the way too long and boring Plinkett reviews. :) He is up to over an hour on some of them!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Here is the trailer CGI looks cheap

After seeing the Star Trek trailer and hearing about Star Wars, this movie is one I am looking forward to because it seems to remain true to the original premise, even if a sequel seems silly. I fully expect much of what was in the first film, only updated. Im sure I will love it. Silly and all...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yaaawwwn - brent spiner's character died in the first one (I applauded did you?)... no wil smith...and their civilization was destroyed....yawwwwn. a bit of pew-pew for the millenials!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
anyone actually check out their warof1996.com site?

in it there are a bunch of tidbits for, again "required reading (?)", that tells the why's of no Will Smith, and why Jeff Goldblum is on the moon.

also, seems this story is going to have a sort of alternate history "of stuff"

in the timeline on the site, we see where all of our current techy gizmos (that which has been developed/released since 96 in real time) is attributed to using the aliens tech

not cheerleading here, but the have been crafty in using the web to explain away a few things

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Yes but that could very well have been a mistaken assumption. It's not like they went to Galapagos and killed off all the indigenous Marine Iguanas and concluded, with full knowledge, that they had wiped the entire species.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You guys just really do not want to go to the website (and get some answers) do you?

:icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes but that could very well have been a mistaken assumption. It's not like they went to Galapagos and killed off all the indigenous Marine Iguanas and concluded, with full knowledge, that they had wiped the entire species.

Or the Congo

just saying!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the aliens were in the congo for yrs after '96, they may have been the ones to call for back up

an alien DELTA FORCE for their BLACKHAWK DOWN :stung:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the aliens were in the congo for yrs after '96, they may have been the ones to call for back up

an alien DELTA FORCE for their BLACKHAWK DOWN :stung:

seriously, the "War of the congo" is a part of their backstory

advanced militaries struggled to defeat them in 96, but, the Army of the Congo, with old AK's and war wearied (their civil war is like 50 yrs old now or something) could handle them?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
seriously, the "War of the congo" is a part of their backstory

advanced militaries struggled to defeat them in 96, but, the Army of the Congo, with old AK's and war wearied (their civil war is like 50 yrs old now or something) could handle them?

Yeah, but you are forgetting that the last movie implied that ALL of them were on that massive ship they arrived on. Once that mothership blew up, the other ships lost their shields and communications. They will cover this I am sure, and I will lap it right up because the ID story is timeless. That is why they stole it from War of the Worlds in the first place. :) The earth invaded by aliens trope is fun and timeless. It does not pretend to be realistic scifi. I can forgive this because it is not trying to be dark and serious and dramatic. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
trailer 2

more details revealed

also, Spiner's character Dr Okun, never died--we all just assumed he did :)

tumblr_inline_o5yo7sy3JT1t6wivs_1280.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/brent-spiner-explains-how-his-1412050054438966.html

True enough, we never saw Dr Okun die and I am glad he is back! Still, they are going to have to explain how this "resurgence" happened, and why there are even larger more massive ships than before with even more powerful weapons. I am sure the aliens now have Space Antivirus installed on their computers now. :) What about the centralized shields control? I hope we have shields now too.

I am looking forward to this movie.