I can't wait for December!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'll try some pics tonight. So far a very nice trip. Food has been great and the service is top notch. We're in heavier seas right now and QM2 is showing her creds as an ocean liner and sea boat as opposed to cruise ship. We're in Sea State 7 and it's just a very gentle roll. Sea states:

http://completeguide.rnli.org/sea-state.html

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
First pics, speed slow as this is satellite.
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
More goodies
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0094.JPG

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Hey ,how come your not hanging off the bow !!!

A color photo of a gone by era reborn . Is that a wooden deck or a composite ? I am guessing composite as it would last forever but is tres expensive omg . Just wow either way ...

;) ;) ;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
10 mins later and I am still staring at that bow pic . I swear I can see the waves moving now ,,,

;) ;) ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Most of the decking is Teak with the traditional caulk work.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Got to do three seminars ( geopolitics, aviation and naval engineering) plus a really good Broadway style presentation in last two days.

Something else I have noticed. In talking to crew and staff I always try to "nut out" whether they like their work. These men and women do, they have an infectious attitude that this is a cool place to work and it rubs off on the passengers - seeing the crew and passengers goofing around together is a nice sight.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
More seminars but also a lot of time on deck and exploring and trying for additional pictures and video. Great ship and crew who are fiercely proud of their ship and Cunard. Lots of fun.
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Homer is an Easter Egg in one of the elaborate bronze tapestries that line the halls leading from the Grand Lobby.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Funny . It looks like wood tho ...

And all that modern tech on the mast's are pretty cool too ...

;) ;) ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'll be heading back tomorrow which means back on high speed connections. I have a bunch of pics, video and observations.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I was tempted to climb it too, but it is behind a security fence. Oh well...

In the meantime, I am almost recovered from jet lag, so I will shortly start organizing all the photos and videos.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, I have a slideshow but it is 322MB. I need to figure out a good way to get it uploaded and hosted. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Here we go!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The slides got scrambled a little but it still shows the trip pretty well!