I can't wait for December!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just a piece of follow up on this, namely how Cunard followed up with me.

I returned from the trip on December 16th and Cunard called me personally on December 19th to ask for time (scheduled time when I would be available) to do a post trip survey/interview. I agreed and we set it a week later.

The interview was a 30 minute call where I was asked about every aspect of the trip. While it had some of the usual "rate 1-10" stuff there was a lot of asking for my impressions on things too. I liked that they went into detail like this. They even sent me bling for my time (I chose a "Queen Mary 2" hoodie).

And of course now I am a "World Club" member complete with discounts on voyages and such....if I didn't know better I'd think they were hoping to get me to be a repeat client...:icon10::icon10::icon10: (then again Cunard has a "repeat sailer" percentage in excess of 95% so I can see why they make the effort).

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
In the vein of a follow up, ever since I took this trip I have REALLY missed the ocean - and yes I mean the winter Atlantic Ocean waves and all. There was something about the spray, cold, motion of the ship and the relative isolation that was very therapeutic. I also very much enjoyed my interactions with the British.

So....this December I am heading back! My usual employee discount plus the discount I now get as a repeat Cunarder put it in my affordability window. Note to Ba'al and Azaliarazor - I'll be in Southampton December 15th as a result. :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
In the vein of a follow up, ever since I took this trip I have REALLY missed the ocean - and yes I mean the winter Atlantic Ocean waves and all. There was something about the spray, cold, motion of the ship and the relative isolation that was very therapeutic. I also very much enjoyed my interactions with the British.

So....this December I am heading back! My usual employee discount plus the discount I now get as a repeat Cunarder put it in my affordability window. Note to Ba'al and Azaliarazor - I'll be in Southampton December 15th as a result. :)

That's like all the way on the other side of the UK!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well it's closer than all the way across the Atlantic! :D

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well it's closer than all the way across the Atlantic! :D

Yeah but it might as well be.

It would require me to book air travel, hotel, car rental and pay for whatever other expenses on top to be able to meet you there. I wouldn't be able to do that.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I understand that. Pity we can't connect as I am in the "general" neighborhood then.

Maybe in 18 I can get enough time off to go up Belfast way :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well if you're in Belfast I can sure meet ya. Even if it meant walking to anywhere in the city.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
STRANGE....the date on this thread is wrong. Did anyone change it?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I moved it to the lounge from Movie Reviews a couple of days ago.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just reminding that December 8th I am back at sea!

I'll setup a thread shortly beforehand to share pictures and observations, and as before it uses Maritime Satellite so the pics will take a bit of time to upload.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just reminding that December 8th I am back at sea!

I'll setup a thread shortly beforehand to share pictures and observations, and as before it uses Maritime Satellite so the pics will take a bit of time to upload.

You get to do this every year? Awesome. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I posted upthread back in July that the combination of my employer discount and a Cunard repeat customer price made it in the wheelhouse.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think trying to hunt whales from this puppy would be a rather interesting experience:

SYZ03_Slideshow_QM2_in_NY.jpg

I understand you have to be a bit of a ship buff to appreciate QM2. She is a true ocean liner and definitely not a cruise ship (much different construction, significantly faster, different block coefficient on the hull, WAY better seaboat).