Helix: Love it or Hate it? (Awards Given)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG, I watched the second episode of this show and was so bored I found myself nodding off. I kid you not.

I really have no idea as to why I'm supposed to care about these characters and the situation. It's not thrilling. It's not exciting. It's not scary. The writers manage to make what should be a riveting story dull.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG, I watched the second episode of this show and was so bored I found myself nodding off. I kid you not.

I really have no idea as to why I'm supposed to care about these characters and the situation. It's not thrilling. It's not exciting. It's not scary. The writers manage to make what should be a riveting story dull.

You mean episode 3? The first one was two hours I think...if not, it sure felt like it. :moody:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You mean episode 3? The first one was two hours I think...if not, it sure felt like it. :moody:

I honestly don't know. It was the one that aired tonight. I'm hard pressed to describe what happened because not much really did. The doctor chick who got kissed/infected in the shower didn't tell anyone about what happened. The one guy blew up the satellite dish. And there was a really poorly directed crowd scene of panicked base personnel.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I honestly don't know. It was the one that aired tonight. I'm hard pressed to describe what happened because not much really did. The doctor chick who got kissed/infected in the shower didn't tell anyone about what happened. The one guy blew up the satellite dish. And there was a really poorly directed crowd scene of panicked base personnel.

Episode 2 (second part of pilot?). Show sucks doesnt it? It could have been better if it were in a city.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Episode 2 (second part of pilot?). Show sucks doesnt it? It could have been better if it were in a city.

There's something off about the pacing of the scenes and quite frankly the characters don't stand out. I don't even know their names and don't really care to learn them. They just sort of slowly walk around and look at clip boards and talk in a low tone and frown or grimace.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I should probably add that I'm not intentionally trying to hate this show. I know some of us get rapped for being "negative" and cynical, but the truth is I really do want some good scifi to watch. Why else would I invest time into watching this show if I didn't? So it's only natural to point out the disappointing aspects (which are many) in this show. I do admit that I like the premise (for a short series, not for a multiple season show) and I think it could be done much, much better than they've shown us so far.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I'm trying to like this show. I like the premise. Maybe I'm just reaching for any SciFi fix. :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Is it like masturbating/sex but just out of obligation? Doing it just cause it's sci-fi but not cause you expect it'll be any good.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
B

Backstep

STOP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
that is an awful idea and a complete SHITE Project just look at the crap they are trying to pass off as Award winning CG... please just.. NO!

The 50's dated ships? The jet sounds the ships make in space? How would you fix the CGI?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I watched the most recent episode of Helix, and I noticed that when the actual show theme plays, I have an overwhelming feeling to dance in a manner that male homophobic teenagers dance when they are dancing like they imagine homosexuals dancing.

Looks like the evil military man is now dead.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I watched the most recent episode of Helix, and I noticed that when the actual show theme plays, I have an overwhelming feeling to dance in a manner that male homophobic teenagers dance when they are dancing like they imagine homosexuals dancing.

Looks like the evil military man is now dead.

You know, I had actually pushed this show out of my mind after watching the first three episodes, but I will watch this just to see what happened when they found out the test didnt work. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I tried to tune in to tonight's episode but got bored when I saw Billy Campbell whining to the Asian guy. Looks like this one is a pass for me because I don't care what happens. Someone wake me up if they decide to cancel this turd.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I also tried to watch it and it just feels like SGU set in Antarctica.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I also tried to watch it and it just feels like SGU set in Antarctica.

That is EXACTLY what it feels like. Its dark, isolated, and starting with the very first episode, we know more about who the characters are having sex with and who they are in relationships with but nothing about the virus. :facepalm:

The catchy Boomer-era tunes they play during the show dont make it any cooler or easier to watch. Really? Im surprised...really surprised that they haven't played anything from Sergio Mendez' Brazil '66:

How about Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I tried to tune in to tonight's episode but got bored when I saw Billy Campbell whining to the Asian guy. Looks like this one is a pass for me because I don't care what happens. Someone wake me up if they decide to cancel this turd.

Dont you wonder how this shit makes it to the air? Didnt at least SOMEBODY who watched this at the studio say something like "You know, this show kinda drags. Too much drama and not enough about the virus. Perhaps you guys could turn the lights up a bit too?"