Helix: Love it or Hate it? (Awards Given)

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Season 2 was literally thrown together. Its like they decided upon the locale first, and then decided on the look and feel of the thing (by ripping off Lost and some other shows), then went out and got a bunch of new drama graduates from a table at the nearest Starbucks and started making it up as they went along. It was awful.

The show ended last night. They have no intention of producing a third season.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I do not doubt your news, but I cannot find a source to corroborate it. I watched last night's episode last week (my source had it a week earlier). I reviewed it on the previous page. I agree, it will most likely not be renewed purely on the dismal ratings alone, which I also posted. It seems dumb for them to have tried that dumb cliffhanger with Alan and Julia. Does anybody really care if Alan dies? We know Julia didn't because the flash forwards 30 years later had Julia in them, and not Alan. We even saw his grave. The dumb baby in a jar was most likely the "mysterious" guy who was on the islands in the first episode of season 2 ("San Jose"). If so, then basically the world is left in a feral state with dying immortals and some normal humans surviving. Big wow. But I will miss this show more than I would miss Ascension. I think Ronald Moore is out of juice.

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Who in their right mind would actually miss Ascension?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I do not doubt your news, but I cannot find a source to corroborate it. I watched last night's episode last week (my source had it a week earlier). I reviewed it on the previous page. I agree, it will most likely not be renewed purely on the dismal ratings alone, which I also posted. It seems dumb for them to have tried that dumb cliffhanger with Alan and Julia. Does anybody really care if Alan dies? We know Julia didn't because the flash forwards 30 years later had Julia in them, and not Alan. We even saw his grave. The dumb baby in a jar was most likely the "mysterious" guy who was on the islands in the first episode of season 2 ("San Jose"). If so, then basically the world is left in a feral state with dying immortals and some normal humans surviving. Big wow. But I will miss this show more than I would miss Ascension. I think Ronald Moore is out of juice.

The story appeared to be all told. What more is there to tell?

At least one female skeleton was discovered in "Alan's grave." Dr. Julia Walker had to know that Dr. Alan Farragut was turned into an immortal by Dr. Sarah Jordan because he survived a bullet that must have grazed his carotid artery. The mysterious guy on the island in 2045 was revealed to be Soren. Soren's question ("Do you know the way to San Jose?") was an attempt to identify Dr. Julia Walker. If the baby in the glass chamber was able to mature, then he is probably an employee of the Ilaria corporation like his mother.

Ronald Moore never had the juice.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Typical Moore effort - he makes no effort to create an overarching Show Bible and as a result his shows always turn into muddled messes.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Probably no season 3:

http://season-release-date.com/helix-season-3/

Last year the fans of «Helix» television series were informed about the renewal of the show for the second season right after the final episode of the first season. Have the rights holders taken the decision to keep the suspense to the last moment again?

It should be noted, that the chances for the TV-project to get funding for the new episodes aren’t so great, as the number of fans has already reduced to 0,5 million people, while its debut season ended with 1,38 million fans.

th.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This thing ended with a whimper. The story wasnt completely over, but it is so easily pieced together that nothing much is missed. As Jim noted, they basically ended the story. Soren could cure the immortals, but they would no longer really be immortal which gives Humanity a second chance, sort of. Lame story. The fact that they did not truly end it was really pathetic. There is still some story to tell, but not really. Buh bye Helix. :moody:

The first season was it's best. Interesting premise, but the story did not do it justice.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This thing ended with a whimper. The story wasnt completely over, but it is so easily pieced together that nothing much is missed. As Jim noted, they basically ended the story. Soren could cure the immortals, but they would no longer really be immortal which gives Humanity a second chance, sort of. Lame story. The fact that they did not truly end it was really pathetic. There is still some story to tell, but not really. Buh bye Helix. :moody:

The first season was it's best. Interesting premise, but the story did not do it justice.

How sad that Ron Moore has lost it. I was watching the "Times Arrow" episodes of STNG today and was reminded how Moore has been part of some good story telling in the past. So what the hell happened to him?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show has been cancelled. New thread on that here: http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/threads/helix-canceled.27842/

Im not gonna miss this show. I have all the episodes already downloaded, and there really isnt much to watch. They did not REALLY end the story, but I don't really care either. :icon_cool:

Bye Helix!