Helix: Love it or Hate it? (Awards Given)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You mean the whole plan is not yours? That's fine, then. Can't complain about something you're getting free. :D

If you're paying, though, dump that service. There is better.

It's a buddy's work account. My brother used to have the same thing but he got rid of it. At any rate, since it's free for now I get to save a few pennies but the other side of the coin is that the service tends to suck. It's good enough to use but it's bad enough to be constantly annoying. Suffice to say if I was paying out of pocket right now I would never get Verizon for anything.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Do they increase the science aspects of it in future episodes, or is the focus still on interpersonal drama?

They do increase the science aspects, but not by much. They show the culprit under the microscope even. But they do not say where it came from and they do not tell why there are two forms of it. They do give a reason why everybody from here on out needs to stay in this arctic base (drama in a can a la SGU). Somebody has sabotaged communications by blowing up the satellite dish, so that signal in the background of space that Dr Rush found.....wait....um, that was a different show, right? :P

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They do increase the science aspects, but not by much. They show the culprit under the microscope even. But they do not say where it came from and they do not tell why there are two forms of it. They do give a reason why everybody from here on out needs to stay in this arctic base (drama in a can a la SGU). Somebody has sabotaged communications by blowing up the satellite dish, so that signal in the background of space that Dr Rush found.....wait....um, that was a different show, right? :P

Let me guess, the Japanese corporate dude is the "Rush like" character?

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
This as a series can't possibly work if they want to remain within the facility. Bio tech facilities such as this have loads of counter measures and contingency plans in case of massive contamination breaches, the final one being a B2 Bomber comes in and drops a big eff-off thermo weapon on the bloody place.

You know I'm getting bored of Mr Moore's complete fascination of sensationalism sciences. We play God and it back fires OOHHHH NOES! Freaking give me a break.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This as a series can't possibly work if they want to remain within the facility. Bio tech facilities such as this have loads of counter measures and contingency plans in case of massive contamination breaches, the final one being a B2 Bomber comes in and drops a big eff-off thermo weapon on the bloody place.

You know I'm getting bored of Mr Moore's complete fascination of sensationalism sciences. We play God and it back fires OOHHHH NOES! Freaking give me a break.

But-but-but, they have rubber gloves and duct tape!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

It would be a drone these days...:) But yeah, this cant work if they are going for the "drama in a can" approach used by SGU. I suspect they will use occasional escapees to create tension...you know, infected escapee hijacks a helicopter and tries to fly to freedom and such. :facepalm:. I wonder when we will see the Evil Cabal element introduced? Do you think the Lucien Alliance is behind this? Wait... :anim_59: :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've only seen the pilot but so far this virus doesn't seem that scary.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What we do in the bedroom together isn't for public viewing good sir.

The producers of Stargate Universe have told me that it is suitable for public viewing and they're creating a show based on it and everything!
:daniel_new_anime021:

It's going to be called Alien Snack Cake, but it won't have anything to do with aliens or snack cakes. It will be allllllllllll about the drama. Additionally, Rubbermaid and 3M have gotten huge orders for rubber gloves and duct tape. Brad Wright and Robert Cooper are sparring no expense when it comes to pathogenic containment in a fictional setting...even though this show won't have any pathogens, just lots and lots of talking -- but it will be angry talking about interpersonal things and such...Are you feelin' me people?...Yeah... :moody:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The whole base can just eject itself into orbit--then a whole new dynamic ensues :psychosga: with no where to "run" :haha:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
B

Backstep

The producers of Stargate Universe have told me that it is suitable for public viewing and they're creating a show based on it and everything!
:daniel_new_anime021:

It's going to be called Alien Snack Cake, but it won't have anything to do with aliens or snack cakes. It will be allllllllllll about the drama. Additionally, Rubbermaid and 3M have gotten huge orders for rubber gloves and duct tape. Brad Wright and Robert Cooper are sparring no expense when it comes to pathogenic containment in a fictional setting...even though this show won't have any pathogens, just lots and lots of talking -- but it will be angry talking about interpersonal things and such...Are you feelin' me people?...Yeah... :moody:

And dimly lit rooms for that Dark feel.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan

Indeed, how can a human scientist play God? If God exists, then how is it possible for a human being in a laboratory to develop a technology that violates the limits on humanity?

I suppose all that would be needed would be a bomb to melt the ice pack. Complete isolation.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Don't forget that you also need a male romantic lead known primarily for acting in movies directed at male homosexuals.

Tom Cruise? :daniel_new004: