Hayden-the man-Christensen rumored for EP VIII

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Except there aren't even rumors that he is in VII.

No, but he may be in that too. The point here is that Hayden Christensen will be coming back to Star Wars as Vader/Anakin. Be it Star Wars VII, VIII or Rogue. The problem is that he is coming back at all, not the minutiae of which one. :) You are discounting the entire rumor, arent you?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
oh,yeah,, didn't say that the rumor was for christensen to be in ep 7

but that, at this time frame in the production of ep 7, it was still rumor that the original cast would be in ep 7--so at this point for ep 8, it will be nothing but rumor for quite some time

He may be in Star Wars VII as a force ghost as well (or a flashback). We will know soon enough. Abrams is not dumping the prequels or any of it's characters.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
He could be in as a mentor role like Obi-wan was...................

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I've looked at that teaser too. It seems he is handing the lightsaber to Leia but it also could be to Rey. The way it is shot it could be either one.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I am rewatching it and being geeky about it, it looks like the girl with the ex stormtrooper is giving the LS to Leia.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've looked at that teaser too. It seems he is handing the lightsaber to Leia but it also could be to Rey. The way it is shot it could be either one.

The dialogue when that scene happens as Luke is talking specifically about the Force, and comes after this is said: "My father had it, I have it, my sister has it (hands Leia the lightsaber at that moment)". It could have been another person giving it to her, but it makes the most sense for it to be Luke.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The dialogue when that scene happens as Luke is talking specifically about the Force, and comes after this is said: "My father had it, I have it, my sister has it (hands Leia the lightsaber at that moment)". It could have been another person giving it to her, but it makes the most sense for it to be Luke.

Why?
They -find- the LS, it is the one Luke lost at Bespin Vader hacked his hand off.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

We must also allow for the possibility that Rey, is a child of Luke who he hid on Jakku as Obi-Wan hid him on Tattoine

And if true, it would be a nice irony and a good way to get part of the original EP4 story -as written by Lucas and only in the book--where at the beginning, Luke is out in the desert with his buddies and they are watching the battle up above Tatt between Leia's ship and the Star Destroyer

the irony I speak of would be IF Rey is seen doing something similar on Jakku as she see s the battle between the rebels/first order/imperial remnant that brings Finn to her

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I might accept that she is a skywalker -if- she has the force, but I don't think there is any evidence of it.
JJ -did- however say that her lack of surname is intentional, so it's a possibility.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Her surname is.....HUTT!!! It's the big reveal...

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well, for those who wondered why Jabba had Leia in the scanty clothes now we know - he was having some action there!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We're just spicing things up....it turns out Leia did not strangle Jabba because she wanted to escape him but rather because she found out he was two timing on her with...The Rancor!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I might accept that she is a skywalker -if- she has the force, but I don't think there is any evidence of it.
JJ -did- however say that her lack of surname is intentional, so it's a possibility.

well JJ turned ST inside out and upside down so....

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the one with the Force is Finn.