Hayden-the man-Christensen rumored for EP VIII

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Reportedly, he has been working out with trainers from LUCASARTS to get him buffed up

If true, will he be in a flashback? Or perhaps a cloned Anakin? If so, he would have to be re-corrupted and we wouldn't see him in any traditional DV suit IMO

Another possibility is that he will be in ROGUE SQUADRON/ROGUE ONE instead and
we will see Christensen when Darth removes his helmet and face mask while in his chamber (like the shot in Empire Strikes Back)?

http://www.techinsider.io/star-wars...ments_page=1#comment-5604af46e009cdd036b33fb3

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Personally, I am holding out for a live action Jar-Jar to make a return! :icon_lol: It was the SFX that ruined that character--if not for the use of them, Jar-Jar would have been magnificent!!!

(your sarcasm detector should be going off now)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
O M G ! :facepalm:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That article didn't sound very firm or like they knew what they were talking about.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That article didn't sound very firm or like they knew what they were talking about.

yup

but,couple thoughts

-they have been keeping a tight set and keeping production security high to quell rumors/plot/characters,etc

-EP 8 comes out in 2017 so, at this point in the ep 7 timeline, we were getting very similar rumors--like about original trilogy cast members possibly being in ep 7,etc

and if he is going to be in ROGUE ONE/ROGUE SQUADRON (it seems no one knows just what the movie will be called). it would make more sense as RO/S takes place in the time between REBELS and EP 1. Darth/Anakin would look pretty much like he is in real time now (with appropriate burn marks,etc).

Could also be tha the will be in RO/S AS WELL as one of the "anthology" movies, like the one for Han Solo and the one for Boba Fett-also in the time between REBELS and EP 1

OR-given Christensen's current open schedule- he just might be in everything!!!! SQUEEE, SQUEEE, SQUEEE!!

(just think who they might dig up for EP 9)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
seriously though

the character of Darth Vader is one of he biggest money makers in the SW franchise

toys, knick nacks, halloween costumes and ppl walking around trying to mimic his voice-all make DV the most recognizable and therefore money making character-even to ppl who have never watched SW-they know who DV is

it would be a grand money making scheme TO HAVE Darth Vader,as cloned (therefore non suited as he would be uninjured), in flashback for EP 8 and 9, or in all of the anthology movies to come (Hayden got to be getting excited!) which of course, take place before the time of EP 1.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They junked the EU in part to get rid of nonsense plotlines like the clones (Dark Empire twaddle). I doubt they will bring it back as what they want to do is make new marketable characters.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
They junked the EU in part to get rid of nonsense plotlines like the clones (Dark Empire twaddle). I doubt they will bring it back as what they want to do is make new marketable characters.

clones are still an integral part of the canon--the clone troopers are canon as is Boba Fett,who is a clone--and still alive

one of the most marketable characters is a proven money maker-DARTH VADER--not just the movie experience but all of the after products as I listed above

I think we just may be stuck with Christensen, how much we'll find out

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
There is a clone in the thrawn trilogy as well................

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
clones are still an integral part of the canon--the clone troopers are canon as is Boba Fett,who is a clone--and still alive

one of the most marketable characters is a proven money maker-DARTH VADER--not just the movie experience but all of the after products as I listed above

I think we just may be stuck with Christensen, how much we'll find out

I do not see how they can continue Star Wars without referring to (or resurrecting) Darth Vader. I think that the original story is already ended with the 6 movies, and that Abrams is just milking the cow for more (for Disney). Disney will take Star Wars and turn it into a thing to sell toys, rides and merchandise. What if they bring him back?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Abrams is only on board for one movie. Episode VIII is in the hands of Rian Johnson (Looper). Darth Vader likely will appear in the standalone Rogue One film, as it is set just before the events of the Original Trilogy.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Abrams is only on board for one movie. Episode VIII is in the hands of Rian Johnson (Looper). Darth Vader likely will appear in the standalone Rogue One film, as it is set just before the events of the Original Trilogy.

Abrams only needs ONE movie to ruin the franchise (or severely damage it). Unlike the way he butchered Trek, there is no timeline loophole to use to fix it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We'll see. So far all evidence points in the opposite direction. Nothing that has come out about Episode VII sounds anything but good.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
CLARITY:

Hayden Christenson will be in this next film, and every Star Wars film after this one, and he WILL be Darth Vader. But what he is going to be is Darth Vader's force ghost, replacing the original Sabastian Shaw's character as the ghost.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0159789/news

In the trailer for The Force Awakens, we see Darth Vader's helmet in there. Not surprised, since the prequels fill out Darth Vader's identity and Christensen is the guy to play him. This is not confirmed, but is highly likely.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We'll see. So far all evidence points in the opposite direction. Nothing that has come out about Episode VII sounds anything but good.

In your opinion. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You realize that the site you linked calls it a highly dubious rumor?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You realize that the site you linked calls it a highly dubious rumor?

IMdB? I dont think so! This rumor had already reached the threshhold by the time IMdB got wind of it. The Industry folks are buzzing about it.

At some point, you are going to have to understand Abrams and the way he teases his movies. The Millenium Falcon was not going to be in the movie. Kahn was not the villain in Star Trek Into Dumbness...just two major ones which proved to be false (but many already knew the rumors were true). This one is even easier to take as truth because of the circumstances. It wasnt exactly found in a fortune cookie....

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
CLARITY:

Hayden Christenson will be in this next film, and every Star Wars film after this one, and he WILL be Darth Vader. But what he is going to be is Darth Vader's force ghost, replacing the original Sabastian Shaw's character as the ghost.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0159789/news

In the trailer for The Force Awakens, we see Darth Vader's helmet in there. Not surprised, since the prequels fill out Darth Vader's identity and Christensen is the guy to play him. This is not confirmed, but is highly likely.

from the "rumors" this Kylo Ren character and the "knghts of ren" are,in some way, admirers/worshipers(?) of DV and the Sith

I am thinking that he will not appear as a ghost--don't think its JJ's style--he likes flashbacks or straight out appearances

I am still betting he will be in EP8 as a cloned Anakin--BUT , that doesn't mean he will be evil. he would have to be turned evil--JJ could have Anakin on the good side (you know how JJ likes to rewrite "history" and all/ create alternatives)

And I am hedging that if he is not in EP8 then he will be in Rogue One OR the Han Solo and Boba Fett anthology movies--in these we would see the masked DV as well as the face of Christensen while Vader is on his down time in his pod.

and like I said, dont forget what could be the real driver behind these possibilities--COLD CASH DISNEY BABIES!

Just think of all the new DV stuff they can make as toys--DV in full costume, DV figure with a removable helmet showing us Christensen with the appropriate burn marks, video games, etc,etc

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
from the "rumors" this Kylo Ren character and the "knghts of ren" are,in some way, admirers/worshipers(?) of DV and the Sith

I am thinking that he will not appear as a ghost--don't think its JJ's style--he likes flashbacks or straight out appearances

I am still betting he will be in EP8 as a cloned Anakin--BUT , that doesn't mean he will be evil. he would have to be turned evil--JJ could have Anakin on the good side (you know how JJ likes to rewrite "history" and all/ create alternatives)

And I am hedging that if he is not in EP8 then he will be in Rogue One OR the Han Solo and Boba Fett anthology movies--in these we would see the masked DV as well as the face of Christensen while Vader is on his down time in his pod.

and like I said, dont forget what could be the real driver behind these possibilities--COLD CASH DISNEY BABIES!

Just think of all the new DV stuff they can make as toys--DV in full costume, DV figure with a removable helmet showing us Christensen with the appropriate burn marks, video games, etc,etc

They do not have to clone him considering how the prequels played out. Canon-wise, Christensen's Anakin replaces the original Sabastian Shaw. We only saw his face in RoTJ just before he died, and then as a force ghost at the end. The voice of Vader has always been James Earl Jones. In the prequels, the whole trilogy centered around Anakin (Christensen) and his face. It's a no brainer for his face to be the face of Vader's force ghost and no need to clone or resurrect him. He will be there like Obi-Wan. His voice might also be used, since Vader's voice was always run through the processor in his helmet.