Game of Thrones with Jason Momoa...the series starts tonight!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
What this show needs is more interesting plotlines. :P
For the most part, it's inter-family and political rivalries, even up to the fourth book, it's mostly drama, why HBO went for it I guess. The fantasy element is kind of a backdrop. You're better off reading for interesting plotlines, I'm sure GF can recommend some.

Yep, they're gonna add quite a few more characters. Well they did in the book, I don't know what they're doing in the show. Maybe there'll be media stuff addressing that.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
For the most part, it's inter-family and political rivalries, even up to the fourth book, it's mostly drama, why HBO went for it I guess. The fantasy element is kind of a backdrop. You're better off reading for interesting plotlines, I'm sure GF can recommend some.

Yep, they're gonna add quite a few more characters. Well they did in the book, I don't know what they're doing in the show. Maybe there'll be media stuff addressing that.

If you are into "hard fantasy" Try the Magician series, for complex plotlines, try "The Empire Trilogy" Both are written by Raymond E Feist (the Empire trilogy with Janny Wurts, strangely enough, he thought as the main character was female he might benefit from a womans aid :D )

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yeah, the books really aren't that good. They were basically picked because of the sexual content I think.

Basically the books are a D&D ish fantasy very loosely based on the historical War of the Roses.

green for a good catch with the Wars of the Roses. ;)

Tropicana

Council Member
Just watched the news, thousands in Belfast queued for the casting call for the next season of Game of Thrones.

LadySciFi

GateFans Noob
I can't believe we have to wait until Spring of 2012 for the next season. Sundays has become so lonely without it. :icon_cry: