Game of Thrones with Jason Momoa...the series starts tonight!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I've been looking forward to this series for a long time now, and am excited about seeing the first episode this evening.

:)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I had to look at the subforum we're in to realize what you were talking about! :lol:

G

Graybrew1

I have also been looking forward to watching this show, I will be watching it tonight, along with the Borgias.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I have also been looking forward to watching this show, I will be watching it tonight, along with the Borgias.
I love Jeremy Irons.

The man has the most delicious voice. He was a perfect choice to play the voice of Scar in The Lion King. Always makes me think of George Sanders as Shere Khan the Tiger.

I'd be happy to sit back and listen to Jeremy Irons recite particularly rude limericks. ;)

G

Graybrew1

Me too , so much that I started a thread for the Borgia's. Getting back OT. I liked the ep, did not care for the heavy eye makeup on Momoa, such a shame to hide such a pretty face. LOL. But I get why it was needed. I think this might be a really good show.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Me too , so much that I started a thread for the Borgia's. Getting back OT. I liked the ep, did not care for the heavy eye makeup on Momoa, such a shame to hide such a pretty face. LOL. But I get why it was needed. I think this might be a really good show.
I've seen nothing but very good reviews for it -- makes me happy. :)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
first episode was pretty good. I remember liking the series initially. Won't spoil things.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I'd heard about this and got kinda interested... then I saw it was on HBO. I just have a "preferred" cable lineup rather than the premium one. Oh well. :(

G

Graybrew1

I'd heard about this and got kinda interested... then I saw it was on HBO. I just have a "preferred" cable lineup rather than the premium one. Oh well. :(

If it's good enough they will eventually make a DVD.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
last episode was kind of pushing it.
the whole breastfeeding bit, I guess nudity and all that stuff is considered mature tv but it's a bit much
But things are really going downhill now.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Not sensitive, just that its gotten to the point where it has become gratuitous.

G

Graybrew1

Not sensitive, just that its gotten to the point where it has become gratuitous.

Yeah, just teasing. It is almost like they are going out of their way to be "Gritty" , maybe trying a little too hard.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
IMO, this show isn't nearly as gratuitous as Spartacus, but it is trying its best to get there. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the little imp.

G

Graybrew1

IMO, this show isn't nearly as gratuitous as Spartacus, but it is trying its best to get there. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the little imp.

Oh, cool you watch this too. That's the thing the bad guys are too .....plain bad.... I like that the blonde guy's little plan backfired so far.

It is also not as gritty as Borgias. That one makes you want to cringe. And the one's that do the worst things seem to feel justified remorse for doing them.

But I like the show, I know it's been renewed, so I hope that some are the character's start getting a little more three dimensional.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
At this point I'm rooting for the dire wolves. ;)