Fringe Binge.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I noticed my last post didn't make it over with the switch. Oh well.
I said something like, I'm really happy that this last Friday's episode was back in our universe. And the ratings went up a little. Yay! Next week's episode looks like it could be really interesting too. Hopefully the ratings will stay up.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I noticed my last post didn't make it over with the switch. Oh well.
I said something like, I'm really happy that this last Friday's episode was back in our universe. And the ratings went up a little. Yay! Next week's episode looks like it could be really interesting too. Hopefully the ratings will stay up.
The very cool part is that they got a very nice rating share with the even more coveted 18-35 demographic. That one is considered to be even harder to achieve.

So, keeping the piddies crossed for a renewal.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Past episode was ok, did not like the emotional connection thing becoming a source of the science fiction, that's just pushing it. At least, they're together now and hopefully don't have to deal with the relationship for a while, I hope. I'm liking the alternate universe cast right now a bit more for some reason.

B

Backstep

I hope 'they' hurry up and finish with the AU theme, its getting boring now with the "love triangle" and now a baby:facepalm:. Time to get back to what the show was in season 1.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So....I think Ill pass on Fringe. Never seen it!

I hope 'they' hurry up and finish with the AU theme, its getting boring now with the "love triangle" and now a baby:facepalm:. Time to get back to what the show was in season 1.

Um, I think Ill just pass on Fringe! I havent seen any of it and I havent seen Merlin either! But I may try them.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
It's still really good for three seasons, and this was just a mini-arc thing. Hopefully it has been resolved. Just watch the first season and see if you like it. Season 3 though has been fantastic, it really is the best sci-fi out right now. Can't honestly think of anything that's out right now that's better. And yes, have watched the new Doctor.

zzbeach

GateFans Noob
Um, I think Ill just pass on Fringe! I havent seen any of it and I havent seen Merlin either! But I may try them.

Fringe is a very good show. I do think the first two seasons are best. But really Overmind, try it, you'll like it. Merlin is good if you disregard the liberties they take in with the Arthur mythos.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
The last couple of episodes have been really good. It seems to be getting back on track. I am hopeful that they will wrap up the soapish storylines quickly. The first two seasons are fantastic. I agree that Fringe is the best sci fi on tv right now.

I definitely think you should try out Fringe Overmind. You'll get hooked.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
aw maaaaaaaaaan, there was no new episode last friday, but there will be on today. Wonder what happens. Shouldn't they have announced if they're going to renew or not?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
aw maaaaaaaaaan, there was no new episode last friday, but there will be on today. Wonder what happens. Shouldn't they have announced if they're going to renew or not?
I believe that network up-fronts are next month (April), so we may not know until then. I'm really hoping they get renewed. What would I do without my lovely Walter Who Gives Fresh, Homemade LSD to Giant Cold Virii?

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
He also got an erection once when he had to pee, lol! That was hilarious. I should go back and watch some of the episodes again, lots of little bits of humour.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
haha, yeah.

Last night's episode was fantastic. Especially towards the end, wonder if spock will return.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
haha, yeah.

Last night's episode was fantastic. Especially towards the end, wonder if spock will return.
The last I heard on that subject, negotiations were underway.

I would love to see Leonard Nimoy return as William Bell. :)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
The last I heard on that subject, negotiations were underway.

I would love to see Leonard Nimoy return as William Bell. :)

I must have missed an episode or something because what happened to him? I gathered he died but how and when?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I must have missed an episode or something because what happened to him? I gathered he died but how and when?
He died in the process of that whole going to the other side and back thing to retrieve Peter. A self-sacrifice, as it were.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Then I definitely missed that episode. Did Olivia seem too bubbly in this episode to you? Like they're making her seem really happy to build up to a part where they take that away. I mean I like Olivia happy and stuff but it seems like they're lulling us into a false sense of security thing. I wish Astrid would play a bigger part, she seems to be mostly cabinboy for Walter.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I don't know about you guys, but I'm so excited about next week's episode. What a fantastic twist. I can't wait. It seems like they're trying really hard to get back to their roots. Last Friday's episode really felt like classic Fringe.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm really looking forward to this next Fringe episode. Olivia is downright creepy. LOL

And with Nimoy having just stated that he's decided not to retire just yet, that leaves the door open for more William Bell in the flesh. ;)