Fringe Binge.

The role of Walter is simply brilliant

I can't imagine the toll it must take on the actor to portray the eccentric scientist. I absolutely love it when he's on screen! He's just so complex.

It's a great show - not really many more ways you can phrase it. I expect some drop off in the ratings in the coming weeks (you can never judge a premiere), but I'm hoping that it hovers around the 1.7/1.8 range.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I can't imagine the toll it must take on the actor to portray the eccentric scientist. I absolutely love it when he's on screen! He's just so complex.

It's a great show - not really many more ways you can phrase it. I expect some drop off in the ratings in the coming weeks (you can never judge a premiere), but I'm hoping that it hovers around the 1.7/1.8 range.
It's interesting that while OUR Walter is a few blocks off Main Street (I mean, who else would give LSD to a giant cold virus??), Walternate actually IS insane. He's got the people on his side of the Multiverse believing that the people on "our" side are monsters.

I'll be curious to see what happens with Fauxlivia, now that she's found out that "we" aren't indeed monsters. Especially since her side viciously murdered Alterbroyles. :( She actually had feelings for Peter. That much is obvious.

It's interesting that while OUR Walter is a few blocks off Main Street (I mean, who else would give LSD to a giant cold virus??), Walternate actually IS insane. He's got the people on his side of the Multiverse believing that the people on "our" side are monsters.

I'll be curious to see what happens with Fauxlivia, now that she's found out that "we" aren't indeed monsters. Especially since her side viciously murdered Alterbroyles. :( She actually had feelings for Peter. That much is obvious.

This is the reason why I'd wish Fox would have moved this show sooner to a different day/timeslot. There are so many levels to this show, so many plot twists and turns. Even if you're not a hardcore scifi fan, you might be tuning in to see the spy intrigue involving the Multiverse alone.

While I believe she began to develop some feelings for Peter, methinks she is one of the cold-hearted, do anything to get the job done agents, and would ultimately shoot him point blank if it became necessary.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
This is the reason why I'd wish Fox would have moved this show sooner to a different day/timeslot. There are so many levels to this show, so many plot twists and turns. Even if you're not a hardcore scifi fan, you might be tuning in to see the spy intrigue involving the Multiverse alone.

While I believe she began to develop some feelings for Peter, methinks she is one of the cold-hearted, do anything to get the job done agents, and would ultimately shoot him point blank if it became necessary.
I don't know. She was very close to Alterbroyles, and you could see she was affected by his not being there anymore.

She saw during her time here that we DO care about other people. It's difficult to successfully attach the epithet of "monster" to someone feels the same way about others as you do.

Note that she made that one replicator guy destroy himself. Even he saw that she was developing an emotional attachment to the folks on our side. Remember the replicators who began to "love" here? That one story with the replicant cop falling in love with that little boy and his "wife" broke my heart.

I don't know. She was very close to Alterbroyles, and you could see she was affected by his not being there anymore.

She saw during her time here that we DO care about other people. It's difficult to successfully attach the epithet of "monster" to someone feels the same way about others as you do.

Note that she made that one replicator guy destroy himself. Even he saw that she was developing an emotional attachment to the folks on our side. Remember the replicators who began to "love" here? That one story with the replicant cop falling in love with that little boy and his "wife" broke my heart.

That's what I mean. There's something about Fauxlivia. I think she'd silently carry that torch within her (her feelings for Peter) because she's duty-bound to her job first and foremost.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
That's what I mean. There's something about Fauxlivia. I think she'd silently carry that torch within her (her feelings for Peter) because she's duty-bound to her job first and foremost.
Ya, however...

I'm sure that Fauxlivia would have issues with Alterbroyles' wife and kid suffering this terrible loss.

Ya, however...

I'm sure that Fauxlivia would have issues with Alterbroyles' wife and kid suffering this terrible loss.

Well I hope we get the chance to see what should be an inevitable showdown! Will Fauxlivia join Walternate in letting their personal issues be the driving force behind the destruction of our universe? Really, I kinda love this show....

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well I hope we get the chance to see what should be an inevitable showdown! Will Fauxlivia join Walternate in letting their personal issues be the driving force behind the destruction of our universe? Really, I kinda love this show....
Well, if Fauxlivia has "real" feelings for Peter, will she stand by and allow Walternate use that machine to destroy the other universe and destroy himself in the doing? I seriously doubt that he'd survive the encounter.

I suspect that Walternate is no longer emotionally attached to Peter, as he would feel that Peter had been "poisoned" by the so-called monsters on our side of the multiverse. As long as he could destroy those he felt responsible for losing his son, that's all that would matter to him.

Walternate is one of those truly scary crazy people in that they can very calmly, purposefully and dryly explain why their stance on something is the right way to go. You usually don't find out they really are crazy until they've spiked the Koolaid and you've already taken a nice big swallow.

Well, if Fauxlivia has "real" feelings for Peter, will she stand by and allow Walternate use that machine to destroy the other universe and destroy himself in the doing?

I suspect that Walternate is no longer emotionally attached to Peter, as he would feel that Peter had been "poisoned" by the so-called monsters on our side of the multiverse. As long as he could destroy those he felt responsible for losing his son, that's all that would matter to him.

Yes, I will feel cheated if they don't bring these storylines to a head!!

And while Peter may have been the catalyst, I agree that Walternate is long gone and he's only out to destroy those who he feels "wronged" him, which includes the entire universe. Peter's going down with the whole lot now.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I wanna see it all unfold. The ancient race that built that machine. The purpose of the machine. The observers purpose here. The showdown between the two universes. The possibility of other universes. Peter's fate. Oh cruel world, please show me more. I wanna see the alternate universe again. They had some really cool tech and just general atmosphere. Pretty sophisticated. And wanna see all the fallout from everything that's happened.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I wanna see it all unfold. The ancient race that built that machine. The purpose of the machine. The observers purpose here. The showdown between the two universes. The possibility of other universes. Peter's fate. Oh cruel world, please show me more. I wanna see the alternate universe again. They had some really cool tech and just general atmosphere. Pretty sophisticated. And wanna see all the fallout from everything that's happened.

There's so much left to learn. I really hope that it gets at least two more seasons.

Well, Illiterati, it looks like your theory may be correct!

All signs are pointing to Fauxlivia having real feelings for Peter after all. I stand corrected. But WTF is going on with Peter?! I had a sneaking suspicion that he was going to revealed as the mole, but I didn't expect him to go all Jason Bourne. WTF!!!!

Walter was amazingly calm with him. This new Bourne-like Peter scares the beejeebus out of me. Man, the twists and turns with Fringe just keep on coming!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I thought that was already confirmed when she had those pictures of herself and Peter in that bag she had when she was leaving this universe?

Last episode was pretty great even though I didn't like the whole construction of the machine being done in the background. But I do like all the plot progression and interesting new plots arcs introduced. I get the feeling things are going to explode because Peter and Olivia are finally getting closer again, but now Peter has become this take control kind of guy because of that serum thing.

Here comes trouble!

The ratings finally dipped down to 1.6. Time to worry and fret. It was a great episode that set up a lot of drama, but unless it goes back to hovering around 1.7, I'm officially putting my concerned hat on.

And now, after seeing next week's preview, I'm not going to be able to watch it. Had to be bugs, right?

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Went even lower this past friday I think.

I really dislike the love triangle thing they're pushing. But it was nice to see the red universe again.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I can't really read this thread as I currently haven't seen any of Season 3 (So many went by I just decided to have a marathon watch when the season finale airs) but I'm rooting for a Season 4. The show really developed into something special in the second half of season 2 and there really isn't enough of this type of TV out there at the moment.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
Went even lower this past friday I think.

I really dislike the love triangle thing they're pushing. But it was nice to see the red universe again.

I agree. I'm not enjoying the love triangle. I really hope they can wrap the story line up quickly and get on with the show. I really want Fringe to get a season 4. But I really want them to get back to basics a little more. I think most people fell in love with the show the way it started, with them solving creepy, weird crimes.