Fringe Binge.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
I'm on a Fringe binge. Bought the first season and am on the fifth disc now. The graphics are alright but there is a little too much use of virus graphics. This is a great series but isn't a replacement for the stargate series. I would give this series an 8 out of 10.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Dedicated Fringe Addict here...

I love my weekly dose of Walter. Walternate can be stuck in a chunk of amber, for all I care. Scary bastard.

I was thinking the other night, as I watched the most recent episode, that actually, both Walters went insane. It's just that Walternate got scary-crazy, as opposed to Walter. By that, I mean that Walternate is one of those people who only appears to be sane. When you get down deep, you realize that there is an insanity there that has twisted and blackened his soul.

John Noble has done a splendid job giving us both Walters. They are very much very different people.

And SO glad that Olivia is back where she belongs. That whole magic marker thing all over her body actually made me feel nauseous.

I'm wondering what's going to happen with Fauxlivia now that she's back. Considering that she's seen that people on "this" side aren't the monsters that Walternate has portrayed them to be. Alterbroyles certainly did. ( It broke my heart when they killed him) The expression on her face when she realized that Alterbroyles was gone was certainly interesting, wasn't it?

Dammit..and now I want some delicious, strawberry-flavored death...

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I still have not watched Fringe, even though I like Joshua Jackson. I realy must buy the discs, it gets a good write up from what I see.

You should definitely buy the dvds. My husband and I started watching the show mid-season 2. So we are now catching up on season 1 by dvd. It's such a great show. We love it. I got my sister hooked on it too. Hopefully the move to Fridays will not kill it. I'm definitely a Fringe addict now too.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I love my weekly dose of Walter. Walternate can be stuck in a chunk of amber, for all I care. Scary bastard.

I was thinking the other night, as I watched the most recent episode, that actually, both Walters went insane. It's just that Walternate got scary-crazy, as opposed to Walter. By that, I mean that Walternate is one of those people who only appears to be sane. When you get down deep, you realize that there is an insanity there that has twisted and blackened his soul.

John Noble has done a splendid job giving us both Walters. They are very much very different people.

And SO glad that Olivia is back where she belongs. That whole magic marker thing all over her body actually made me feel nauseous.

I'm wondering what's going to happen with Fauxlivia now that she's back. Considering that she's seen that people on "this" side aren't the monsters that Walternate has portrayed them to be. Alterbroyles certainly did. ( It broke my heart when they killed him) The expression on her face when she realized that Alterbroyles was gone was certainly interesting, wasn't it?

Dammit..and now I want some delicious, strawberry-flavored death...

My sister and I were having a very similar discussion this weekend. We were also discussing how different the two Olivia's are and how someone should have noticed sooner. I'm so happy Olivia is home! Hopefully Fauxlivia (hilarious) will make people on her side realize that this side isn't the evil place it's made out to be.
I love Fringe. I will be really sad if it doesn't survive after this season. There are so few good sci fi shows to watch. And once again I came late to the party.

I only wish they had moved the show sooner!

Thursday was clearly not working out, but they left it there to wither away. Especially when Fringe has great DVR numbers. People are definitely watching this show, just not when Fox wanted them to. This season and last have really ramped up the storylines and I'm enjoying it more than ever.

I can still remember watching the X-Files on Friday nights! And since Supernatural seems to be doing well on Fridays, I don't think this is a doom and gloom move at all. If the show is worth watching, people will find the time, regardless of what day it's on. I think Fringe will pick up some viewers.

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
I bought season 1 of Fringe on Black Friday as my Christmas present for my self. I am watching Transformations as we speak (I am going back and forth that is) I remember how AWESOME the first season is/was.

I feel bad for both Walters I really do.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
They did the video as a response to those people who are saying that Fringe is destined to be killed by Fox because it's being moved to Fridays starting January 21st.

I think it's a very clever way to address the situation.

And I can't pass the PopTarts in the store without giggling. It's gotten me some awfully strange looks, believe me.

Cristina

GateFans Noob
I really like Fringe and although I watch a few other shows, none of them have grown on me like Stargate did. Anyways, back to the subject at hand - Fringe. I think John Noble (Walter) is an amazing actor, his character is very believable and although he has a lot of quarks, he never comes through as being ridiculous. For the entire first season, I couldn't figure out where I had seen him before and why I had trouble liking him and then I had a "eureka" moment and realized I had seen him in "The Lord Of The Rings". Let's just say Denethor, his character in LOTR wasn't exactly likable. I do hope the show stays on air for as long as possible.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I really like Fringe and although I watch a few other shows, none of them have grown on me like Stargate did. Anyways, back to the subject at hand - Fringe. I think John Noble (Walter) is an amazing actor, his character is very believable and although he has a lot of quarks, he never comes through as being ridiculous. For the entire first season, I couldn't figure out where I had seen him before and why I had trouble liking him and then I had a "eureka" moment and realized I had seen him in "The Lord Of The Rings". Let's just say Denethor, his character in LOTR wasn't exactly likable. I do hope the show stays on air for as long as possible.
My explanation for Walter's loopiness has been that Gandalf jogged his memory a little too hard with that staff of his...

fumblesmcstupid

GateFans Noob
I was like Who IS the dude playing Walter.5 fucking episodes later and still no clue. Then in a Light bulb over my head I was like OMG, I ran and IMDB'd him (i don't know why I didn't do that in the first place) then it was like Holy SHIT.

Dave_H

GateFans Noob
I just got in to this show, in a big way. My brother had the dvd sets for season one and two, and I've borrowed them. Problem is now I liked it so much that I'm totally caught up, and I need to catch the nine episodes from S3 I wasn't watching. Heh. I figured I could just watch them and wait for the next set to come out. Turned out I was wrong. :)
I figured I'd throw the question out there and find out if anyone has been into the show enough to record it, as I could use a temporary copy of those S3 episodes on disc until the season is released.

P

phronsie

Fringe finally made it to the top of NF queue, and I should be getting the 1st disc, Season 1 tomorrow. I've heard good things about this show around the net, but have luckly stayed pretty un-spoiled. That video seemed to have a lot of horror elements, so I'm wondering if that's a strong element of the show. Don't mind ghosties and ghoulies, but kinda squeemish about torture and genetic mutilation.... Urgh!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Fringe has apparently survived its move to Friday nights. And we all know that ratings will always suck for a show on Friday nights, because no one will watch...riiiight...

According to the final ratings info, it was UP 12% in the ratings from it's last first run airing.

Fox has stated that if it can at least hold onto the numbers it had on Thursday nights, they'd renew it for another season. Of course, I'll believe that when I see it, but I can hope.

All hail Delicious Strawberry-Flavored Death!! ;)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Best sci-fi out right now

Yes, I think that Fringe is the best sci-fi hell best show out right now to me. Of course I don't watch a lot of tv. But it really is extremely well done. I recommend it to everyone. Very hard sci-fi but not so scientifically dense as to alienate viewers. Good amounts of humour and intellectually pushes the boundaries. Doesn't treat its audience like idiots.

RedRing

GateFans Noob
Yes, I think that Fringe is the best sci-fi hell best show out right now to me. Of course I don't watch a lot of tv. But it really is extremely well done. I recommend it to everyone. Very hard sci-fi but not so scientifically dense as to alienate viewers. Good amounts of humour and intellectually pushes the boundaries. Doesn't treat its audience like idiots.

...or like randy teenagers.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I like the fact that it's serious, but also has a very healthy dose of humor to it...

I see Walter more as an irritable scientist than a "mad" scientist.

I was reading something last night that posited that "brilliant" people tend to be those who march to the beat of their own accordions. They tend to be nonconformists and may even be mildly autistic.