FOUNDATION series.. APPLE TV

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
have you watched BOSCH LEGACY yet?

I do not know why they just didn't continue on with more seasons as is with BOSCH, its the same show, just with a few different characters since he quit the police. I does so, continue on with the same 'long play' story lines, like him trying to solve the murder of that young mexican girl we see him trying in every season

Its on AMAZON PRIME, via their newly acquired FREEVEE network, where of course, everything is free.
I started the first few eps. It makes me miss when he was a cop, but I will get back to it at some point.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I have started watching Foundation now. Done two episodes so far. Thought the first one was quite intriguing. The second one to be honest a lot less so. I'll see where this goes. Great production quality though, and good acting.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks pretty but should just ditch the name Foundation - it has zero to do with the books.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have started watching Foundation now. Done two episodes so far. Thought the first one was quite intriguing. The second one to be honest a lot less so. I'll see where this goes. Great production quality though, and good acting.
Season 1?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Won't matter. The show is what it is, which is something that appropriated the title and some character names from Asimov but tells a very different story. Really I wish his estate had not done the licensing with people they knew would not respect the story.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Thankfully, having not read the books, I am able to thoroughly enjoy the show. Stick to shows you haven't read the books of, or you will always be disappointed. Better not to read the books at all I guess. Otherwise, just read books and don't watch shows.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's not always true. For example both the books and the show were good for The Expanse. Likewise the TV adaptation of the Harry Dresden books. The key in both cases was respect for the written material.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, season 1. Should I have started with a later season? :D
the beginning is usually a good place to begin, for most shows. Maybe something like DARK should be watched in different order.. you EVER finish watching that? ;) :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
the beginning is usually a good place to begin, for most shows. Maybe something like DARK should be watched in different order.. you EVER finish watching that? ;) :)
:drunk::drunk::drunk: Nope!

Still at the same spot. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
:drunk::drunk::drunk: Nope!

Still at the same spot. :drunk::drunk::drunk:
you KNOW you will have to start over, right?

how about 1899? same ppl who made DARK,, very good show as well, not what one thinks it is. too bad NF axed its second season, it could have been very good

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
you KNOW you will have to start over, right?

how about 1899? same ppl who made DARK,, very good show as well, not what one thinks it is. too bad NF axed its second season, it could have been very good
Nope, not watched it. I don't get around to watching a lot of shows anymore. We are doing TNG, but we're going quite slow on that. We're also watching SG-1 again, but also going somewhat slow, but quicker than TNG. @Quetesh just started Criminal Minds from scratch, so that is also taking up viewing time. I spent a lot more time watching Youtube than TV shows these days to be honest. Although I've been getting tired of that, with Youtube algorithm keeping on trying to force the same damn videos down my throat.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
This is a great show. Ten episodes in now, just about to finish the first season.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Nope, not watched it. I don't get around to watching a lot of shows anymore. We are doing TNG, but we're going quite slow on that. We're also watching SG-1 again, but also going somewhat slow, but quicker than TNG. @Quetesh just started Criminal Minds from scratch, so that is also taking up viewing time. I spent a lot more time watching Youtube than TV shows these days to be honest. Although I've been getting tired of that, with Youtube algorithm keeping on trying to force the same damn videos down my throat.
i watch a lot of YT as well, mainly for news from alternate sources-- no,, NOT "alternative news" :) just not from the typical mainstream sources

example for UKR war, I have about a dozen YTr both in UKR and out who I watch. they do both aggregate news and others do first hand accounts of their experiences on and near the front

still watch the good atypical travel vloggers when they have new content, like Harald Baldr, he is now back up in the Nepal mountains. Bald and Bankrupt, Backpacker Ben, Kei,Kei,Kei, a few others

but watching all those RERUNS! YOU GUYS ARE GETTING OLD!!! :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
i watch a lot of YT as well, mainly for news from alternate sources-- no,, NOT "alternative news" :) just not from the typical mainstream sources

example for UKR war, I have about a dozen YTr both in UKR and out who I watch. they do both aggregate news and others do first hand accounts of their experiences on and near the front

still watch the good atypical travel vloggers when they have new content, like Harald Baldr, he is now back up in the Nepal mountains. Bald and Bankrupt, Backpacker Ben, Kei,Kei,Kei, a few others

but watching all those RERUNS! YOU GUYS ARE GETTING OLD!!! :)
Reruns??? Who's old now! :D

We don't watch any broadcasts whatsoever mate. We only watch things by choice.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Reruns??? Who's old now! :D

We don't watch any broadcasts whatsoever mate. We only watch things by choice.
and BTW, why is no one watching new sci fi? We all used to here. There is A LOT of it out there, some of it is genre crossing, granted (example FROM crosses with drama- horror. Outer Range genre crosses with drama/ modern western ) but it's all fairly good

we used to have some good discussion here on new shows

surprised no one else has watched SILO, also on APPLE TV for example , that is a very good sci fi/ future fi show

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I can only speak for me. Earlier this year I took a new position with what is called a System Integrator. It is a very "ground floor" position and we are building the practice. It also however is VERY time consuming. I've been buried but also out of town a fair deal. I only was able to do Strange New Worlds and Picard S3 by binge watching. Once things settle down (probably in November) I'll be able to watch more.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
and BTW, why is no one watching new sci fi? We all used to here. There is A LOT of it out there, some of it is genre crossing, granted (example FROM crosses with drama- horror. Outer Range genre crosses with drama/ modern western ) but it's all fairly good

we used to have some good discussion here on new shows

surprised no one else has watched SILO, also on APPLE TV for example , that is a very good sci fi/ future fi show
But I am watching new sci fi shows. Foundation is it. Doing the last episode of season two now. Love this show. I was just about to mention considering watching Silo next. (there was an ad for it before I started this episode)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I can only speak for me. Earlier this year I took a new position with what is called a System Integrator. It is a very "ground floor" position and we are building the practice. It also however is VERY time consuming. I've been buried but also out of town a fair deal. I only was able to do Strange New Worlds and Picard S3 by binge watching. Once things settle down (probably in November) I'll be able to watch more.
ugh!!! no excuses!!!

kidding good luck!

check out SILO if and when you get a chance ;)