FOUND IT! This sub forum was buried in the forums. The Clone Wars rewatch.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
S6 is slated to run on cartoon network shortly, but I am still in S4 somewhere as we watch it as a family. (seriously, my boy came out of his room the other night with his Lightsaber humming the imperial march :lol:)
I have S1-5 on DVD however, but you will pass me by the way you watch stuff. No worries.
Besides, I think we would get into "epic rants" about SW anyway, and I'm really too tired to give a crap about such things. :P

Rants? Prolly not! I like the show a lot. The few stretches where I didnt like it seems to be related to the writers of those episodes. There are elements of the Star Wars universe depicted in TCW which I wish had not been introduced, but they did not overwhelm the rest of it. I did not know Jedi made their own light sabers...how much of the canon created in TCW will make it into the new movies being planned?

I have issues with some of the races depicted in TCW as well as individual characters, but again they did not overwhelm the rest of the series. It is a winner overall. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Rants? Prolly not! I like the show a lot. The few stretches where I didnt like it seems to be related to the writers of those episodes. There are elements of the Star Wars universe depicted in TCW which I wish had not been introduced, but they did not overwhelm the rest of it. I did not know Jedi made their own light sabers...how much of the canon created in TCW will make it into the new movies being planned?

I have issues with some of the races depicted in TCW as well as individual characters, but again they did not overwhelm the rest of the series. It is a winner overall. :)

Awww...Season 5, episode 6. :)

wookie.PNG

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Rants? Prolly not! I like the show a lot. The few stretches where I didnt like it seems to be related to the writers of those episodes.
Dude, stuff like the Dathomir witches (that you like to LOL about) have been in the EU canon for decades, hell Dathomir is supposed to be where Rancor's come from as they are supposedly Sith alchemical experiments. I get you like the stories, but you only like........... what you like. the rest you see as "silly". I can't argue that with you, your mind is made up, it's "force magic", and you will NEVER see it any other way so WHY argue with you??

There are elements of the Star Wars universe depicted in TCW which I wish had not been introduced, but they did not overwhelm the rest of it. I did not know Jedi made their own light sabers...how much of the canon created in TCW will make it into the new movies being planned?
Jedi making their own lightsabres is *not* from TCW, it's from the EU. TCW is more EU than it is "lucas canon" and it's *better* because far more thought has gone into it.

Lucas wanted to make the space version of the fall of the roman empire, and he did well in eps 4-6. 1-3 *should* have been the rise of the empire, but he wasted it on garbage. He went for the "mundane", NOT the heroic, and TCW fills in the Heroic. It's why it speaks to you, to me, and my kids and your grandson. It IS a heroic tale, and the "shitty dark side/light side planet" showed that Annikan would fall to the dark and follow his "Achillies heel", which is but another heroic ideal, the heroic failure.

The Hutts are shithouse, but the rest??

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dude, stuff like the Dathomir witches (that you like to LOL about) have been in the EU canon for decades, hell Dathomir is supposed to be where Rancor's come from as they are supposedly Sith alchemical experiments. I get you like the stories, but you only like........... what you like. the rest you see as "silly". I can't argue that with you, your mind is made up, it's "force magic", and you will NEVER see it any other way so WHY argue with you??

I have to accept them since they are part of the canon, EU or otherwise. I am not in denial. I have simply expressed a dislike for the Dathomir witches (and also the entire planet and race of the Mandolorians). I dont have to like every single element of Star Wars to like it overall. :) And yeah, it is silly. The Dathomir witches can take flotsam and jetsam lying around, use "force magic" to transform it (complete with spells and cool green plasma) into working neuro-mechanical legs complete with circuitry and everything? Yep, silly. There is the Force, and then there is this so-called "Force magic". Why is there a distinction? Why cant the Jedi magically create biomechanical limbs? How come they dont have to utter spells to use the Force, and why does green plasma happen when the Dathomir witches use their Force magic? Yeah, definitely silly. But it is part of this canon. I get that. I dont have to like it.

Jedi making their own lightsabres is *not* from TCW, it's from the EU. TCW is more EU than it is "lucas canon" and it's *better* because far more thought has gone into it.

Wherever it's from it makes more sense to explain the process like they have done with these younglings in season 5. :). It reminds me a LOT of Harry Potter (even specific lines of dialogue). The robot lightsaber character is exactly the same as the wand maker in Harry Potter. :) Im okay with that too, but it is derivative.

Lucas wanted to make the space version of the fall of the roman empire, and he did well in eps 4-6. 1-3 *should* have been the rise of the empire, but he wasted it on garbage. He went for the "mundane", NOT the heroic, and TCW fills in the Heroic. It's why it speaks to you, to me, and my kids and your grandson. It IS a heroic tale, and the "shitty dark side/light side planet" showed that Annikan would fall to the dark and follow his "Achillies heel", which is but another heroic ideal, the heroic failure.

I love it a lot. :) I see what you are saying about the heroic vs the mundane. Good way to put it. :)

The Hutts are shithouse, but the rest??

I love the one Dathomir Sith bounty hunter chick, but I havent seen her in season 5 yet. I also like the reborn Darth Maul and his brother, but they haven't shown back up either.

Last edited:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I have to accept them since they are part of the canon, EU or otherwise. I am not in denial.
I never said you were in denial. Stop, just stop putting words into my mouth, please.
I have simply expressed a dislike for the Dathomir witches (and also the entire planet and race of the Mandolorians).
Why?
I dont have to like every single element of Star Wars to like it overall. :)
Of course not
And yeah, it is silly. The Dathomir witches can take flotsam and jetsam lying around, use "force magic" to transform it (complete with spells and cool green plasma) into working neuro-mechanical legs complete with circuitry and everything? Yep, silly. There is the Force, and then there is this so-called "Force magic". Why is there a distinction?
The distinction is in how you use it, and what you use it for. "The force" is not what the Jedi do, or what the Dathomir witches do, or what the Sith do, it is energy. Why is their a distinction between a nuclear power plant and a nuclear bomb? Both are the same to a certain extent are they not?
Why cant the Jedi magically create biomechanical limbs? How come they dont have to utter spells to use the Force, and why does green plasma happen when the Dathomir witches use their Force magic? Yeah, definitely silly. But it is part of this canon. I get that. I dont have to like it.
Better question, why DON'T they make new limbs, or Star destroyers, or Death Stars. Why do they not wear armour? Why do they consider blasters "cheap"

Wherever it's from it makes more sense to explain the process like they have done with these younglings in season 5. :). It reminds me a LOT of Harry Potter (even specific lines of dialogue). The robot lightsaber character is exactly the same as the wand maker in Harry Potter. :) Im okay with that too, but it is derivative.
Of course it is derivative, SW is derivative.

I love it a lot. :) I see what you are saying about the heroic vs the mundane. Good way to put it. :)
Umm, good??

I love the one Dathomir Sith bounty hunter chick, but I havent seen her in season 5 yet. I also like the reborn Darth Maul and his brother, but they haven't shown back up either.
Dunno, past where I have watched, so I can't comment with any real comparison.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I never said you were in denial. Stop, just stop putting words into my mouth, please.

Well, Im not digging in on the canon of Star Wars like I do for Stargate because Lucas and Disney are 100% behind including all of the EU canon and even fan created characters and stories. Trek did this and I think it is a good thing. But the distinction is the approval of the creators. Emmerich does not consider SG-1 or Atlantis to be Stargate, so I defer to that.

In order for the Dathomir witches to exist, there has to be green plasma, spells and incantations and kooky spooky goblins and demons. IMO, there is no room for witches and fairies and elves and orcs in space opera. I wouldnt want an android to turn up in Lord of the Rings, and I dont want witches in space. The Mandolorians represent a homogeneous population of purely blonde or red haired blue or green eyed white people. Such a race (or any species of animal) could not and does not exist. AND who would want it to? They represent a supremacist society, and their presence in SW canon is a bad example for children. Every other race in Star Wars shows variation within their species, except the Mandolorians.

Of course not

The distinction is in how you use it, and what you use it for. "The force" is not what the Jedi do, or what the Dathomir witches do, or what the Sith do, it is energy. Why is their a distinction between a nuclear power plant and a nuclear bomb? Both are the same to a certain extent are they not?

The Force is something that pervades the Universe and the Jedi and Sith "tap into" to do what they do. It is represented in the real world by the "Collective Unconscious" theorized by Jung. It appears (in the SW universe) to act upon matter and energy in the following ways:

• Making objects heavier or lighter
  • Levitating objects and moving them around in space
  • Can be focused into energy as a weapon (Sith lightning)
  • Can be focused to create physical pain or pleasure or death
  • Acting as a medium to sense other objects or beings at a distance (sometimes light years)
  • Acting as a medium to transmit "suggestions" telepathically or vocally, directly into the subconscious of a target individual or individuals (provided they are susceptible to Jedi mind tricks)
What the Force appears NOT to be able to do is the following:
  • Destroy matter or energy
  • Bring dead beings back to life
  • Transmute matter from one form to another
  • Allow self-teleportation (like a Q)
  • Create objects out of thin air (or summon beings from nowhere)
The Dathomir witches and their "Force magic" is a cheap deus ex machina. What sort of magic can take metal scraps and turn them into biomechanical limbs with all the circuitry and also connect it up to Darth Maul's nervous system, all whilst being levitated by magical green plasma coming from a witch yelling magical spells? Just LOL! Dont worry, I hate the Q in Trek for the same reason. :)

Better question, why DON'T they make new limbs, or Star destroyers, or Death Stars. Why do they not wear armour? Why do they consider blasters "cheap"

Cause it's Star Wars. :) Robes are cooler than armor. And like firearms, a blaster is like a .22, common and widely used and cheap.

Of course it is derivative, SW is derivative.

Umm, good??

VERY good? :)

Dunno, past where I have watched, so I can't comment with any real comparison.

Youre in for a treat for season 5. The best yet. It looks the same visually, but everything is just so....polished. The CGI cameras are done way differently and you get cooler scenes. The stories are more engaging too. :)

Last edited:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well, Im not digging in on the canon of Star Wars like I do for Stargate because Lucas and Disney are 100% behind including all of the EU canon and even fan created characters and stories. Trek did this and I think it is a good thing. But the distinction is the approval of the creators. Emmerich does not consider SG-1 or Atlantis to be Stargate, so I defer to that.
You don't want to dig, but you want to make definitive comments??
ergh.

In order for the Dathomir witches to exist, there has to be green plasma, spells and incantations and kooky spooky goblins and demons. IMO, there is no room for witches and fairies and elves and orcs in space opera. I wouldnt want an android to turn up in Lord of the Rings, and I dont want witches in space.
You don't want, you don't like, and damn the rest of us..
Sigh.

The Mandolorians represent a homogeneous population of purely blonde or red haired blue or green eyed white people. Such a race (or any species of animal) could not and does not exist. AND who would want it to? They represent a supremacist society, and their presence in SW canon is a bad example for children. Every other race in Star Wars shows variation within their species, except the Mandolorians.

The Mandalorians are a warrior society, the Stormtroopers/clones are based on Mandalorian DNA, they hardly look "white" to me. Any member of any race could be a "Mandalorian" if they live up to the values of the Mandalore of the time.

The Force is something that pervades the Universe and the Jedi and Sith "tap into" to do what they do. It is represented in the real world by the "Collective Unconscious" theorized by Jung. It appears (in the SW universe) to act upon matter and energy in the following ways:

• Making objects heavier or lighter
  • Levitating objects and moving them around in space
  • Can be focused into energy as a weapon (Sith lightning)
  • Can be focused to create physical pain or pleasure or death
  • Acting as a medium to sense other objects or beings at a distance (sometimes light years)
  • Acting as a medium to transmit "suggestions" telepathically or vocally, directly into the subconscious of a target individual or individuals (provided they are susceptible to Jedi mind tricks)
What the Force appears NOT to be able to do is the following:
  • Destroy matter or energy
  • Bring dead beings back to life
  • Transmute matter from one form to another
  • Allow self-teleportation (like a Q)
  • Create objects out of thin air (or summon beings from nowhere)
The Dathomir witches and their "Force magic" is a cheap deus ex machina. What sort of magic can take metal scraps and turn them into biomechanical limbs with all the circuitry and also connect it up to Darth Maul's nervous system, all whilst being levitated by magical green plasma coming from a witch yelling magical spells? Just LOL! Dont worry, I hate the Q in Trek for the same reason. :)
Think for a moment. did what the witches do "break" your rules? You may not *like* what happened, but it never broke your "rules".

Cause it's Star Wars. :) Robes are cooler than armor.
No, and if you knew the EU of SW, you would not say that, simple.
And like firearms, a blaster is like a .22, common and widely used and cheap.
No, because they are random. You may not always hit what you aim at, unlike a lightsabre were you MUST choose to hit your target, it becomes a *conscious choice* to hit something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dude, very few people know the EU of Star Wars. They know the movies and this show. Get real. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You don't want to dig, but you want to make definitive comments??
ergh.

I shouldn't have to dig. 9 out of 10 people who consider themselves "fans" of Star Wars have only seen the 6 movies and/or watched this show The Clone Wars. I dont know much outside of that and neither do most people. I dont know the EU of Trek (in all the novels and fan fiction) and I am a lifelong fan.

You don't want, you don't like, and damn the rest of us..
Sigh.

Im not speaking for anybody but myself, so what is your problem? You disagree...good! Im explaining exactly why I dislike what I dislike, and why I like what I like. Sounds logical to me. You can do the same.

The Mandalorians are a warrior society, the Stormtroopers/clones are based on Mandalorian DNA, they hardly look "white" to me. Any member of any race could be a "Mandalorian" if they live up to the values of the Mandalore of the time.

Bullshit. I did some research. Neither Jango Fett or Boba Fett are Mandalorians (by birth). The Mandalorian planet shown in TCW was 100% Hitleresque homogenous Aryan whiteness. There were NO Mandalorians shown in the entire series which did not have blonde hair, blue eyes or red hair and green eyes. It was so obviously incongruous that it drew ire from critics. I can easily see why. Cant you? And dont bring in any EU here. If you deal with just what has been shown as movies and this series, then you can understand my comments a bit better. :)

Think for a moment. did what the witches do "break" your rules? You may not *like* what happened, but it never broke your "rules".

Yes it did. The Force does not need dramatic green plasma swirling around, or crystal balls, or magic spells and incantations. Besides that ritualistic silliness, we have Mother Townsend (sp?) turning scrap metal into super tough bio-mechanical/neuro-actuated limbs..AND magically create the circuitry in them too? Any "witch" in any story implies magic, and I just dont believe in magic. The stuff they do with the Force is magic too, but they dont call it that nor do they perform it like the witches do. The younglings assembled their lightsabers using the Force, FROM SUPPLIED PARTS. The witch just conjured robotic legs up from discarded scrap metal. There is a big difference there.

No, and if you knew the EU of SW, you would not say that, simple.

If you realized how few people know the Star Wars EU you would stop referring to it to back up your statements. :) Star Wars is all about cool and sparkly and magical and battles. That is what is cool about it. I have no problem with what is in Star Wars, and it is the sort of thing you can throw anything into. Why not fairies, goblins, elves, werewolves, leprechauns or whatever they want? You can do that with Star Wars.

No, because they are random. You may not always hit what you aim at, unlike a lightsabre were you MUST choose to hit your target, it becomes a *conscious choice* to hit something.

Really? Well, the commonality makes more sense, even if it's wrong. How do you miss when firing an energy weapon? Bullets can be deviated by wind, friction with the air (like in fog), and a number of other factors. But an energy packet has no such weaknesses. How could firing any energy weapon create "random" hits? :) Light travels in a straight line, EVERY time.

NOTE TO SELF: Turn off logic and dial down reasoning at least 50% when watching fantasy material. :)

Im still loving this series.

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
S6 is slated to run on cartoon network shortly, but I am still in S4 somewhere as we watch it as a family. (seriously, my boy came out of his room the other night with his Lightsaber humming the imperial march :lol:)
I have S1-5 on DVD however, but you will pass me by the way you watch stuff. No worries.
Besides, I think we would get into "epic rants" about SW anyway, and I'm really too tired to give a crap about such things. :P

TCW's is now on netflix as well-just fyi :jaded:

THE CLONE WARS-THE FINAL MISSIONS/a.k.a. S6 is also on netflix-per the new disney/netflix agrement- it is running there regardless of if it has run elsewhere or not :netflix:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I shouldn't have to dig. 9 out of 10 people who consider themselves "fans" of Star Wars have only seen the 6 movies and/or watched this show The Clone Wars. I dont know much outside of that and neither do most people. I dont know the EU of Trek (in all the novels and fan fiction) and I am a lifelong fan.
I do not believe that for a moment. Even if you just took KOTOR 1 and 2 and SW:TOR as a fraction of the EU in sales, you are talking millions of people.

Im not speaking for anybody but myself, so what is your problem? You disagree...good! Im explaining exactly why I dislike what I dislike, and why I like what I like. Sounds logical to me. You can do the same.
You just DID speak for other people dude "9 out 10 people no nothing about the EU".
I get you don't like what you don't like, that's cool by me.

Bullshit. I did some research. Neither Jango Fett or Boba Fett are Mandalorians (by birth).
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian
Read, please.
The Mandalorian planet shown in TCW was 100% Hitleresque homogenous Aryan whiteness. There were NO Mandalorians shown in the entire series which did not have blonde hair, blue eyes or red hair and green eyes. It was so obviously incongruous that it drew ire from critics. I can easily see why. Cant you? And dont bring in any EU here. If you deal with just what has been shown as movies and this series, then you can understand my comments a bit better. :)
I understand your comments just fine, and within your limited scope, sure, they are correct, but only within your limited knowledge of the subject.

Yes it did. The Force does not need dramatic green plasma swirling around, or crystal balls, or magic spells and incantations. Besides that ritualistic silliness, we have Mother Townsend (sp?) turning scrap metal into super tough bio-mechanical/neuro-actuated limbs..AND magically create the circuitry in them too? Any "witch" in any story implies magic, and I just dont believe in magic. The stuff they do with the Force is magic too, but they dont call it that nor do they perform it like the witches do. The younglings assembled their lightsabers using the Force, FROM SUPPLIED PARTS. The witch just conjured robotic legs up from discarded scrap metal. There is a big difference there.
Not arguing this with you.

If you realized how few people know the Star Wars EU you would stop referring to it to back up your statements. :) Star Wars is all about cool and sparkly and magical and battles. That is what is cool about it. I have no problem with what is in Star Wars, and it is the sort of thing you can throw anything into. Why not fairies, goblins, elves, werewolves, leprechauns or whatever they want? You can do that with Star Wars.
There you go again, assuming that what you like in SW is what "everyone" likes about SW.
Quite frankly however, your lack of knowledge on the subject is not really my problem, is it? My problem is you want to limit what I know to the same level as yours, and sorry dude, that is not gonna happen. Before you started watching TCW, you were ignorant of that as well. I am GLAD you are interested and enjoying the show, it gives you a better perspective on the entire SW universe, but don't try to say "you can't use that because some people don't know about it" That's like me telling you not to muck around with your phone because I don't know how to do it because I lack that information. I wouldn't tell you that, would I?

Really? Well, the commonality makes more sense, even if it's wrong. How do you miss when firing an energy weapon? Bullets can be deviated by wind, friction with the air (like in fog), and a number of other factors. But an energy packet has no such weaknesses. How could firing any energy weapon create "random" hits? :) Light travels in a straight line, EVERY time.
So an energy weapon magically gives you the ability to shoot straight and aim all the time??
ROFLMFAO!!!!

NOTE TO SELF: Turn off logic and dial down reasoning at least 50% when watching fantasy material. :)
Good Idea.

Im still loving this series.
Great :) it is a good series.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
TCW's is now on netflix as well-just fyi :jaded:

THE CLONE WARS-THE FINAL MISSIONS/a.k.a. S6 is also on netflix-per the new disney/netflix agrement- it is running there regardless of if it has run elsewhere or not :netflix:

I have no Netflix, but I will watch it when it comes on cable, school holidays are coming up, and a CW catch up is on the books :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
:piratebay:

:ronnon_whistling:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
4 going on 5 years bud, you KNOW I don't roll that way.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
4 going on 5 years bud, you KNOW I don't roll that way.

Yes, and you know that I know that you know I know you dont roll that way. :anim_59:

More for me then!

treasure.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So.....................
what was your point?
My non use of something does not equate to ignorance, it equates to choice.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So.....................
what was your point?
My non use of something does not equate to ignorance, it equates to choice.

WHAT? How did you get "retort" or "challenge" or "He is saying Im ignorant" out of my comment? I know you dont pirate stuff. End of thought.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So why post it dude??

Written word failure again.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So why post it dude??

Written word failure again.

Why assume it was for you? I didnt reply to a comment of yours or anyone elses when I posted it (the pirate comment). Assumption failure...again. :)

Here ya go...

chillpill.jpg

:icon10: :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Why assume it was for you? I didnt reply to a comment of yours or anyone elses when I posted it (the pirate comment). Assumption failure...again. :)
So WHO did you post it for??
Yong won't hit up TPB either and he is the only new entrant into this discussion where TCW 6 became mentioned.
So, who did you post it for? or were you merely saying where YOU would get it from?
If so, go nuts.

Ahh, then this is for you:
cockhead.png