FOUND IT! This sub forum was buried in the forums. The Clone Wars rewatch.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
also just to clarify BEFORE it becomes a statement i am not an SW "fanboi" nor have i given my oppinion on the show anywhere above, however if i were to give my oppinion on the show i would base it on story telling, visuals, acting, writing. (while keeping in mind such impotand factors as target audience and demograpics) NOT my real world political agenda nor my rampant idealism and desire to preach these beliefs and convert all who crosses my path.

for fuck sake you are watching a damn cartoon for Children ages 3-12 perhaps you are unaware of this? maybe you should make a teletubbies thread aswell were you can do more of the same and compare it to star trek and how unrealistic it is compared to your world views. :smiley-015:

Last edited:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hack writing? Illogical, banal concepts fit only for the mindless. :) And I am really referring to only those episodes with regard to the series which I am enjoying immensely. So far maybe 5 episodes out of the more than 50 I have watched is not bad at all. I still love the series. Having said that, the Star Wars universe itself is really not all that great a place in space or time.

Oh God, I remember those episodes you're referring to now. There was way too much "woo"* in them. This reinforced my decision to give up on the series. And I sincerely hope to God that the new series reverts back to good story telling and not this political/magical nonsense.

*Woo-woo (or just plain woo) refers to ideas considered irrational or based on extremely flimsy evidence or that appeal to mysterious occult forces or powers.

Here's a dictionary definition of woo-woo:

adj. concerned with emotions, mysticism, or spiritualism; other than rational or scientific; mysterious; new agey. Also n., a person who has mystical or new age beliefs.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
are you arguing with yourself or what because ive seen you fling this argument left and right before and i havnt seen ANYONE disagree with you, everyone knows what SW is.

and why does it need to be clearly stated and WHY do you put your skewed political views and suposed realism on it and everything else you seem to watch and expected it to be recieved as valid critique? seriously you remind me of the technobabble nazis on gateworld who couldnt apreaciate a design and accept it without arguinging realism real world physics and something so fucking reatarded as the lenght and realistic size of ships seen in the show... seriously just fucking facepalm, i am glad people like you have no actual say in these stories or their Creation GLAD!
AGAIN the goodie toochoo Trek perspective where everything ends well at the end of the episode with no consequences and mankind is singing coombaya with all the races in the galaxy a universe without evil OR realism, please drop the fucking trek crutch because TREK doesnt have a single realistic thing about it especially human nature and human behaviour.

and frankly how fucking removed arew you from the real world? you are aware planet earth is apretty shit place top dwell for 90% of all humans?

lastly im so fucking sick of you and others here critiqueng shows by listing what THEY belive it should be and then projecting their political views, societal views and what they beleieve the World and the universe should be seriously just shut the fuck up for once and see it for what it is ie A FICTIONAL STORY and for the love of fuck please try and focus your goddamn oppinions on the piece itself and the quality of it rather then Project your World views onto it.

basicly keep the never ending political BULLSHIT that goes on in these forums in their respective threads.
also just to clarify BEFORE it becomes a statement i am not an SW "fanboi" nor have i given my oppinion on the show anywhere above, however if i were to give my oppinion on the show i would base it on story telling, visuals, acting, writing. (while keeping in mind such impotand factors as target audience and demograpics) NOT my real world political agenda nor my rampant idealism and desire to preach these beliefs and convert all who crosses my path.

for fuck sake you are watching a damn cartoon for Children ages 3-12 perhaps you are unaware of this? maybe you should make a teletubbies thread aswell were you can do more of the same and compare it to star trek and how unrealistic it is compared to your world views. :smiley-015:

I'm not seeing where OM1 is injecting his political views into this discussion. :daniel_new004:

In fact, he's pointing out how much he dislikes the political tone that Clone Wars has taken. I dislike it too. We both simply want a good action/adventure story. We don't want to be lectured about politics while enjoying SW. In fact, we tune into shows and movies like SW to get away from politics and the inanity of everyday life.

So basically dude, you need to put down the bottle of pine tar "vodka" or whatever it is you're drinking cuz you're reading things that just aren't there. :monkey:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
are you arguing with yourself or what because ive seen you fling this argument left and right before and i havnt seen ANYONE disagree with you, everyone knows what SW is.

and why does it need to be clearly stated and WHY do you put your skewed political views and suposed realism on it and everything else you seem to watch and expected it to be recieved as valid critique? seriously you remind me of the technobabble nazis on gateworld who couldnt apreaciate a design and accept it without arguinging realism real world physics and something so fucking reatarded as the lenght and realistic size of ships seen in the show... seriously just fucking facepalm, i am glad people like you have no actual say in these stories or their Creation GLAD!

Dude, after seeing how you react on some of these threads on the most innocuous of subjects, Im not sure I should even bother responding to this in terms of what I have said about Star Wars. :happy0007:

AGAIN the goodie toochoo Trek perspective where everything ends well at the end of the episode with no consequences and mankind is singing coombaya with all the races in the galaxy a universe without evil OR realism, please drop the fucking trek crutch because TREK doesnt have a single realistic thing about it especially human nature and human behaviour.

and frankly how fucking removed arew you from the real world? you are aware planet earth is apretty shit place top dwell for 90% of all humans?

WTF? Considering that you pretty much hate everyone and everything, I really dont think you are qualified to judge human behavior OR what is socially realistic, unless you are creating something in CGI, which you are a master at doing. Planet earth is home for all humans, and MOST of us are happy. But some of us are very unhappy and those want everyone else to be unhappy so they run around spewing and whining and yelling because they have nothing better to do. :ronnon_whistling:

lastly im so fucking sick of you and others here critiqueng shows by listing what THEY belive it should be and then projecting their political views, societal views and what they beleieve the World and the universe should be seriously just shut the fuck up for once and see it for what it is ie A FICTIONAL STORY and for the love of fuck please try and focus your goddamn oppinions on the piece itself and the quality of it rather then Project your World views onto it.

basicly keep the never ending political BULLSHIT that goes on in these forums in their respective threads.

Just LOL!. You dont make any rules here, and if you dont like the fucking topics, then dont participate on the fucking threads. If you dont like the forums you are viewing, then fucking click the damned mouse and go to another thread, another forum or another website. ;) I created this thread because Im watching the Clone Wars. I will write whatever I think about the show, good or bad. I will post my views on it and praise or or pan it as I please. What happened, did you wake up this morning next to an empty bottle of liquor with your pants down and a used condom in your ass? :P You are SO DAMNED UPTIGHT.

and?... wel what? you are the one man who will tell and school them all? this is your "cause" then?

HEADDESKS*

I run into people who claim Star Wars is science fiction all the time. I cant imagine you would let many people close to you without you bludgeoning them over the head with a hammer or a 2x4, or just skipping right to the chase and eating them raw on the spot.

CHILL OUT! Please refer to the HowTo section to ignore threads/forums. The threads you dont like, you dont have to read them or even see them. As far as Star Wars The Clone wars, I will continue my commentary just as I have been doing so you might want to avoid this thread. :jack_new27:

kid-ready-to-fight-13353888.jpg

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh God, I remember those episodes you're referring to now. There was way too much "woo"* in them. This reinforced my decision to give up on the series. And I sincerely hope to God that the new series reverts back to good story telling and not this political/magical nonsense.

*Woo-woo (or just plain woo) refers to ideas considered irrational or based on extremely flimsy evidence or that appeal to mysterious occult forces or powers.

Here's a dictionary definition of woo-woo:

adj. concerned with emotions, mysticism, or spiritualism; other than rational or scientific; mysterious; new agey. Also n., a person who has mystical or new age beliefs.

I was watching episode 15 when I wrote the most recent comments. Watch it to see what Im talking about. :) Complete garbage.
I'm not seeing where OM1 is injecting his political views into this discussion. :daniel_new004:

In fact, he's pointing out how much he dislikes the political tone that Clone Wars has taken. I dislike it too. We both simply want a good action/adventure story. We don't want to be lectured about politics while enjoying SW. In fact, we tune into shows and movies like SW to get away from politics and the inanity of everyday life.

So basically dude, you need to put down the bottle of pine tar "vodka" or whatever it is you're drinking cuz you're reading things that just aren't there. :monkey:

LOL, we must have been writing responses at the same time. :icon_rotflmao:

I have stated several times that I love this series. I complain about a few of them and OMNI goes all Hulk on me. :facepalm: :anim_59: Specifically, the Amidala as messiah episode with the healthcare, and the episode with the Aryan planet called Malvadoria or something like that, and now the super-dumb episode with the "Father, the Son and the "Daughter", (representing the Trinity). Basically, in the Star Wars universe, God lives on a spaceship with his two kids who can turn into dragons and phoenixes and control the forces of Good and Evil in the force. And Anakin is the Chosen One and all....(gag).

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I was watching episode

LOL, we must have been writing responses at the same time. :icon_rotflmao:

I have stated several times that I love this series. I complain about a few of them and OMNI goes all Hulk on me. :facepalm: :anim_59: Specifically, the Amidala as messiah episode with the healthcare, and the episode with the Aryan planed called Malvadoria or something like that, and now the super-dumb episode with the "Father, the Son and the "Daughter", (representing the Trinity). Basically, in the Star Wars universe, God lives on a spaceship with his two kids who can turn into dragons and phoenixes and control the forces of Good and Evil in the force. And Anakin is the Chosen One and all....(gag).

Quite frankly I don't understand why the writers have to fall back on hackneyed mysticism and/or politically correct BS. The SW universe is HUGE and there's no dearth of interesting situations that they could expound upon. The way I see it it's just lazy writing by people that aren't very talented.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Quite frankly I don't understand why the writers have to fall back on hackneyed mysticism and/or politically correct BS. The SW universe is HUGE and there's no dearth of interesting situations that they could expound upon. The way I see it it's just lazy writing by people that aren't very talented.

I think perhaps they ran out of unique material so they "borrowed" from politics, religion, some other stuff. But episode 15 is the worst I have seen yet. Im gonna start up my marathon again in about an hour...Im on episode 18 of season 3. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
WTF? Considering that you pretty much hate everyone and everything, I really dont think you are qualified to judge human behavior OR what is socially realistic, ...

Wait. Wouldn't hating everyone equally put him on equal footing? He's not discriminating and observes everyone from the exact same angle. :D

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am watching The Clone Wars and I am at season 3, episode 5. What I notice throughout, and especially in season 3, is that the Star Wars universe is actually very VERY lame. It is crawling with people accepting titles like king, queen, knights, Duchess, Count, etc. This is total bullshit. :) The formation of "royalty" and ruling of "kingdoms" is not an advanced social model. I notice that in the Star wars universe, slavery and servants and classism is basically the order of the day. There is nothing admirable about the way many of these plants are run, or the societies they have built.

BUT, I am thoroughly enjoying the show. :)

As a break from my Clone Wars marathon, I decided to watch the sucky prequels and follow that up with SW IV and V, but I didnt also watch Return of the Jedi. In the original movies, IV V and VI, besides the fact that there was a "Princess" Leia, I did not get the overwhelming presence of "royals" and severely divided social models found in the Star Wars universe of the Clone Wars. So far, I find season 3 to be the least enjoyable of the series so far.

While I agree with you on the royalty and society issues, it is not the first time these things have been used in sci-fi-DUNE is an example as well.

The best part of CLONE WARS to me is the stories about actual clones and their organization and relation with other "real" people--it is a far cry from the nameless and faceless stormtroopers of ep III-I remember some people thinking they were robots

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
While I agree with you on the royalty and society issues, it is not the first time these things have been used in sci-fi-DUNE is an example as well.

The best part of CLONE WARS to me is the stories about actual clones and their organization and relation with other "real" people--it is a far cry from the nameless and faceless stormtroopers of ep III-I remember some people thinking they were robots

Oh, they TOTALLY fixed the issues I had by episode 20 of Season 3. Now, Im watching episode 7 of Season 4 and am loving it. The story of the clones themselves, individual clones, is actually more engaging in many ways than the Jedi stuff. :) At this very moment, I am watching it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I took a break from this and now i am starting it back up again and I picked up at Season 4 episode 8. Now Im at episode 21 and they have brought back Darth Maul? It was cool how they did it, and of course they used magic (and a witch :smiley-laughing021:). How else could they have done it? :) Im just wondering why the Dathomir witches cant just whip up battlecruisers and death stars...the Mother Townsend witch just uttered some sort of spell and created cool green ghost plasma, and BLAM, Darth Maul now has two strong robotic legs. :rolleye0014: :anim_59:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
OMG Bluce was not kidding! Now there are magical beings living in some alternate dimension who are neither Jedi or Sith but there are dragons there, and ghosts...did the writers just run out of good stuff in season 3? Im still watching though. :)

For me, the best things about TCW's was that it was a show that my son and I could watch together.

Also, the "best" eps are the ones that focus on the actual Clones and the ongoing war.

In either the next to last or last season, there is a 2 or 3 episode arc that deals with Kenobi going "undercover"--I thought that it was a fairly good patch. Another batch of "seasoning" that gives us the experienced man we see in Episode IV

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
For me, the best things about TCW's was that it was a show that my son and I could watch together.

Also, the "best" eps are the ones that focus on the actual Clones and the ongoing war.

In either the next to last or last season, there is a 2 or 3 episode arc that deals with Kenobi going "undercover"--I thought that it was a fairly good patch. Another batch of "seasoning" that gives us the experienced man we see in Episode IV

Oh, dont get me wrong...I freakin LOVE this series. :) I have watched it with my nephew, and I have watched much more by myself alone. :) I watched 10 episodes straight last night. The arc you are speaking of was in season 4. When he morphed into a bounty hunter.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I admit I don't mind the series. It does give me a chuckle at times because a good deal of the stories are "patches" to try to address the out and out ridiculousness of the prequels. By chuckle I am not saying the stories are bad just the irony that they needed to be written the way they were to try to patch the prequels.

In a way, I almost wish the series had openly said "to us the prequels never occurred - this is the TRUE story" and then went on to weave a different narrative. Tell us something like the Prequels were the result of Obi Wan having really bad dreams from a bout of food poisoning before he met Luke. Then weave a better backstory. For example.....

Make the Clone Wars into an army of clones from beyond the borders (at the time) of civilized space attacking the Republic. And have the Republic forced into mass drafts and such to defend itself. Have millions die in the fighting and have the war affect all the planets. The stormtroopers come about as the military becomes more professional over time and elitist, and eventually a desperate republic turns to Palpatine to lead them in this dark hour as the Republic is crumbling under the assault. Palpatine becomes more of a Hitler figure this way and the whole scenario is less illogical than the Prequels.

Just a thought.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I admit I don't mind the series. It does give me a chuckle at times because a good deal of the stories are "patches" to try to address the out and out ridiculousness of the prequels. By chuckle I am not saying the stories are bad just the irony that they needed to be written the way they were to try to patch the prequels.

In a way, I almost wish the series had openly said "to us the prequels never occurred - this is the TRUE story" and then went on to weave a different narrative. Tell us something like the Prequels were the result of Obi Wan having really bad dreams from a bout of food poisoning before he met Luke. Then weave a better backstory. For example.....

Make the Clone Wars into an army of clones from beyond the borders (at the time) of civilized space attacking the Republic. And have the Republic forced into mass drafts and such to defend itself. Have millions die in the fighting and have the war affect all the planets. The stormtroopers come about as the military becomes more professional over time and elitist, and eventually a desperate republic turns to Palpatine to lead them in this dark hour as the Republic is crumbling under the assault. Palpatine becomes more of a Hitler figure this way and the whole scenario is less illogical than the Prequels.

Just a thought.

I like that! But alas, we got what we got. :( The new interest is because I just got the 6th half (and final) season of TCW. I dont know what is in it, but I am excited to see those episodes. That means I have to finish seasons 4 and 5 and then watch season 6. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, Season 5 is AWESOME! Everything in it, the production and the writing, the CGI and new camera angles just bring this series to life, even moreso than the previous seasons. I am just at episode 5 of season 5, but Im loving it. I am watching an episode where younglings (the young wookie Jedi is too cute :)) have to find a crystal to construct their light sabers (very cool!). I am finding more tech talk in these episodes than in the movies. In an earlier season 5 episode, they were confronted with gunships which could not be shot down with the energy weapons they had so they got rocket launchers. :)

After this season, there is the last season (the 13 episodes of season 6)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
SW: Rebels, the new series is slated to begin soon as well, I caught an advert for it today.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SW: Rebels, the new series is slated to begin soon as well, I caught an advert for it today.

Im sorry I didnt pick up this rewatch with you, but I have been having only patchy availability. :) Im watching it right now, if you want to join me. Im 2/3 into episode 6 of season 5. Have you yet seen season 6? (no spoilers!).

I will definitely watch Rebels. I really love this show! Its like having almost infinite Star Wars movies. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
S6 is slated to run on cartoon network shortly, but I am still in S4 somewhere as we watch it as a family. (seriously, my boy came out of his room the other night with his Lightsaber humming the imperial march :lol:)
I have S1-5 on DVD however, but you will pass me by the way you watch stuff. No worries.
Besides, I think we would get into "epic rants" about SW anyway, and I'm really too tired to give a crap about such things. :P