Flotsam and Jetsam

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
yes dear.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
No snow to speak of but it's gotten cold as a witch's tit (as we used to say when we were kids) here. Ran down to Oakbrook (by Chicago) to dine with friends and do some shopping at Oakbrook mall today. Although it's an upscale mall (replete with stylish suburban Chicago shoppers) it's an outdoor mall. Froze my ass off. God invented roofs for a reason. They need to put one on that sprawling bitch and turn up the heat.

*Oh yeah, Williams-Sonoma has gotten ridiculous with their offerings and prices. It's a sad impersonation of what it once was many, many moons ago.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
No snow to speak of but it's gotten cold as a witch's tit (as we used to say when we were kids) here. Ran down to Oakbrook (by Chicago) to dine with friends and do some shopping at Oakbrook mall today. Although it's an upscale mall (replete with stylish suburban Chicago shoppers) it's an outdoor mall. Froze my ass off. God invented roofs for a reason. They need to put one on that sprawling bitch and turn up the heat.

*Oh yeah, Williams-Sonoma has gotten ridiculous with their offerings and prices. It's a sad impersonation of what it once was many, many moons ago.

Shaved! You were in my kind of general neighborhood. I don't go to Oakbrook Terrace all the time but have been there. And yes it is a strange mall in that while the number and size of stores is like a big indoor mall the mall is really outdoor. Did you guys dine in the area there? The restaurants there are decent (Ditka's is right across the street).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Shaved! You were in my kind of general neighborhood. I don't go to Oakbrook Terrace all the time but have been there. And yes it is a strange mall in that while the number and size of stores is like a big indoor mall the mall is really outdoor. Did you guys dine in the area there? The restaurants there are decent (Ditka's is right across the street).

Ate at Gibsons just across the street. Love Gibsons! Great steaks. Terrific lobster bisque. Good wine and cocktails. You can't go wrong there. (But you can go broke, lol. If you're going to treat yourself it's worth it though.)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Lobster bisque you say? there is this little hole-in-the-wall place in freeport maine that looks like a dive but has the most divine lobster bisque!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ate at Gibsons just across the street. Love Gibsons! Great steaks. Terrific lobster bisque. Good wine and cocktails. You can't go wrong there. (But you can go broke, lol. If you're going to treat yourself it's worth it though.)

It's been years since I had a great lobster bisque. :( Gotta find a good place besides Captain Kidds. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
It's been years since I had a great lobster bisque. :( Gotta find a good place besides Captain Kidds. :)

go to maine- the place looks like a dive (plastic table cloths no less) but omg is the lobster bisque amazing. :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Merry christmas and happy new year one and all! :D :tealc_newanime006::tealc_newanime006::tealc_newanime006::tealc_newanime006::tealc_newanime006::tealc_newanime006::tealc_newanime006:

edit- I am currently driving myself crazy looking for one of my mom's old recipes-- I was the other cook in the family so neither of my sisters have the recipe! :P yep short trip :D

Last edited: